Über dieses Inserat
For those wishing to have a cosy room in a home instead of a hotel, yet still be just a few steps away from the middle of lively Cenang Beach, you have found your perfect holiday home! From hot water to aircon and plush bedding, 50" plasma TV with cable, a kitchen, a bar, even an outdoor terrace perfect for a little BBQ, the Shakin' Shack is equipped with all you need for you to have a great time in Langkawi!
From the same people who introduced the now well-acclaimed Love Shack (https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/6706353), we have a perfect place for those looking for a room in a home instead of a hotel, but which still comes with all the amenities to feel just like home! Welcome to The Shakin' Shack, a large bungalow (single-storey house) in its own private compound, built as a holiday home by an Australian family who fell for the charms of Langkawi! The house is tucked away on a quiet little estate with a large space all around it, yet a mere 5mins walk to the lively Cenang Beach. Located towards the end of a cul-de-sac, you will enjoy the quiet seclusion, yet benefit from the proximity to the centre of Pantai Cenang. To sweeten the deal, you will have an exclusive discount of 20% on our popular Sunset Dinner Cruise, as well as competitive prices on other optional tours, car/bike rentals and more.
(Note: Option also available to book one of the other private rooms, or the whole house. Scroll down for links to listings of other rooms or the whole house)
The house has a large living area, which includes a TV lounge area, a dining area, the kitchen and the bar, as well as 5 bedrooms, and a utility room. Your bedroom is private, but the rest of the house will be shared with any other guests who might book individual rooms. However, if you happen to be the only guests during your stay, you get the entire house to yourself, a pretty good deal!
You will be getting the Master Bedroom. The bedroom is airconditioned, but also comes with ceiling fan, has a queen-sized bed, includes a space which was intended to be a walk-in wardrobe but is currently empty, and has a door which opens onto a semi-private terrace, adjoining the main terrace. The master bedroom is an ensuite, and the bathroom is equipped with a high pressure hot shower in a shower enclosure.
Third guest will be chargeable, and will be provided with a mattress on the floor.
TV LOUNGE AREA (Shared)
The TV lounge area comes with a plush leather sofa with space to stretch out and watch your favourite shows, clear and crisp on a 50" Panasonic Viera Plasma TV. Choose from a wide range of international channels on Astro, a local satellite cable provider, or pop in a DVD from the ones we have or bring your own.
KITCHEN & DINING AREAS (Shared)
The kitchen is fully equipped, with a 2-basin sink, gas oven and stove, microwave, a full-sized fridge, water boiler and a toaster. There are some pots, pans and utensils too, so you can whip up simple meals during your stay here. The coolest part about the kitchen is the preparation counter which doubles up as a bar, where some can hang out and even enjoy meals if the dining table isn’t one’s fancy (seats 6 people). If you prefer everyone seated at the table, the 8-seater hardwood table is just a few steps away.
The bar comes with its own sink, a water dispenser, a blender (only for drinks), even its own full sized fridge, andf seating for 4. Some glasses too, to serve your signature drinks in!
COMMON BATHROOM (Shared)
The common bathroom is located in the corner behind the bar. Not suitable for taking showers.
LAUNDRY ROOM (Shared)
The laundry room stores all the miscellaneous supplies for the house as well as the washing machine which you may use during your stay.
OUTDOOR TERRACE & CAR PORCH (Shared)
The outdoor terrace runs the length of the house, and is perfect for hanging out outside, especially during BBQs or small gatherings. For comfort and convenience, the terrace is well lit, and has 3 ceiling fans, as well as its own sink.
The car porch is very spacious, the shaded portion alone being the length of 2 cars, and the width of 1.5 cars. Easily fits 3 cars and a couple of bikes into the compound .
The entire compound is protected and kept private by a concrete wall and a remote controlled rolling gate.
There are also 2 more other private rooms available for booking, an option to book the whole house, or our other more 'famous' listing, below:
- Second Bedroom (https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/18778340)
- Third Bedroom (https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/18786623)
- Whole House (https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/18759502)
- The Love Shack (https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/6706353)
Zugang für Gäste
You will have access to your own bedroom and bathroom, as well as the common areas (living/dining area, kitchen and bar, terrace and porch). All other bedrooms are out of bounds. All other houses within the compound are also out of bounds. Free WiFi access is available. Please note that the stability and up-time of the internet connection is BEYOND OUR CONTROL, and is in the hands of the service provider.
The house is largely accessible to guests in wheelchairs. From the porch onto the terrace there is a inch step up, which we have place a small 'ramp' to ease the rolling up of the wheelchair. Same with the sliding doorway into the house, which we will also place a small 'ramp'. The bedroom's floor is at the same level as its ensuite bathroom's floor, and the bathroom has a handrail on the wall beside the toilet, and another beside the shower enclosure, just outside of it (shower enclosure not suitable for use of those in wheelchairs, due to size of the space and the raised level).
Interaktion mit Gästen
Either us your hosts, or someone from our staff will be on hand to welcome you and check you in, give you a house briefing, and to see you off at check-out. We live in a house just beside the Shakin' Shack, and when we are home and available, we would love to have you over for some drinks and a chat. If you prefer to have your own privacy, we respect that too.
Weitere wichtige Infos
- For guests in wheelchairs, or those with restricted mobility, kindly notify us during booking so that we may make preparations to facilitate your stay.
- We provide cleaning & linen services once a week. If you need fresh towel & linens, special cleanings, shopping assistance (for supplies), please let us know. We are happy to accommodate as much as we can.
- We stock up bread, butter & jam, eggs, fruits, coffee, tea for breakfast, and beer, cans of soda, mineral water in your fridge. They are complimentary from us.
- We are a licenced travel agent and we also operate a well-known yachting business, offering breathtaking cruises on our yachts as well as other travel services you might require. As our guests, you will have a special discount of 20% on our popular Sunset Dinner Cruise, as well as competitive prices on other optional tours, car/bike rentals and more.
- We can also provide airport transfers, subject to availability, and at price to be agreed upon. If you are lucky, I might even pick you up in one of my head-turning VW Kombis! Kindly discuss with us at time of booking.
- The stability and up-time of the internet connection here in Langkawi has a notorious tendency to fluctuate, and is at the mercy of the service provider, Telekom Malaysia, as well as the weather. Please let us know immediately if you are experiencing problems with the connection so that we can get Telekom Malaysia to try and rectify it.
- Similarly, please let us know if you are experiencing any issues with the electricity supply, or with any of the facilities, as soon as they happen, so that we can address the issue.
- With emphasis regarding the above 2 points, do let us know when issues arise, instead of only letting us know towards the end of your stay, writing a bad review or asking for a refund. We maintain a high standard of care, but do understand that despite best effort, sometimes unforeseen issues do arise.
- We follow strictly the number of guests booked. Any extra guests not included in the booking will be turned away.
- Please take off shoes at the entrance.
- Smoking is allowed only on terrace and outdoors.
- No red wine, curry and durian inside the house, especially on the beds. You can consume them on the terrace.
- Please keep the main gate closed after dark.
- Do not play with aircon remote control unit.
- No pets allowed.
Wenn du bis 7 Tage vor deiner Reise stornierst, erhältst du eine Rückerstattung in Höhe von 50 %. Wenn du innerhalb von 7 Tagen vor deiner Reise stornierst, ist die Buchung nicht erstattungsfähig.
I am originally from Yukon, Canada but have lived on beautiful Langkawi since 1989. I live across from the Love Shack, with my Japanese wife, Ryoko.
I first came to Langkawi traveling Asia by bicycle. I then purchased a sailing yacht in this area, and started a charter business. A couple of yachts later, we now have a very popular charter business and travel agency here. The Love Shack is our latest project which I get involved in from scratch.
I love reading, sailing, camping, BBQ cooking, and meeting people. I also have a collection of VW Combi van, which I may come to pick you up at the airport when I am around. We quite often do beach BBQ with friends, as well as house party, taking terns with friends house.
Our team, who manages the Love Shack under my supervision, are friendly, experienced in the travel industry, and locals with local knowledge. They will offer you any assistance you may need during your holiday in Langkawi.