Dana’s Place is a warm and welcoming respite in a safe and friendly neighborhood. While situated in mid-town, our immediate surroundings include a quiet, wooded lot with a stream that attracts moose, bear, nesting bald eagles and other wildlife. We are a 3 min walk to the coastal trail which overlooks Cook Inlet and where Belugas can be spotted, easy walk to a popular restaurant, 2 min from bus stop, 5 min from Ted Stevens Intl Airport, and easy access to stores, mountains, hiking, and highways.
Dana's Place is home away from home. The upstairs is fully suited for a very comfortable three bedroom Airbnb. A beautiful rain glass door separates the shared living space from the bedrooms and bath areas for privacy. Large room with double queen bed has a private full bath. Two bedrooms with single queen beds share a full bath. All bedrooms have have light-blocking shades, fans, cork flooring, and solid core wood doors. Both bathrooms overlook a beautiful private wooded backyard. Home and bedrooms all have combo locks for easy access. All areas have local art that gives this home comfort and flavor of local character.
Zugang für Gäste
There are designated parking areas for cars in the driveway (not for trailer or RV use). Guests can access Dana's Place and their rooms with easy to use combo locks. For rooms that share a bath, separate towel bars are provided in your rooms along with towels. Shampoo, conditioner, soap and toilet paper is provided, other toiletry items will be available for purchase such as toothbrush, toothpaste, laundry detergent, etc. A washer/dryer and fridge is available for guests. There is a spacious and bright living room, dining area, and kitchen where you can mingle with other guests, relax and read, enjoy the scenery; in other words, where you can feel free to make yourself at home. The kitchen is fully equipped and has specific labels marking areas for guests. Complimentary coffee and tea will be available for self service. Relax on the outside porch or walk through the birch and the gardens. Four minute drive to supermarket or two minute walk to the bus stop.
Interaktion mit Gästen
As a Airbnb host and local artist, I work and live in the downstairs area of my home, which is private. I will be sharing the kitchen. In the summer, I'm very busy taking advantage of the Alaska summer and light. I spend a great amount of time in the gardens and in my art studio.
Weitere wichtige Infos
My home is peaceful, clean, and beautiful. In Alaska, we wipe our shoes off on the shoe brush outside and take our shoes off inside by the front door. To keep this home comfortable to all, there will be a general rhythm of cleaning by the host. Each guest enters a clean and tidy bedroom and bath, and shared room experience. Along with this and in Airbnb fashion, guests agree to independent living while staying at Dana’s place. This means that guests are responsible for cleaning up after themselves in all common areas. Please be respectful to others and clean your dishes, wipe your messes, clean the lint from the dryer, and put things back where you found them. At the end of your stay, please remove any personal food from the fridge and make sure you have all your clothes from the laundry facility. There is no smoking anywhere around or in my home. If you bring your own liquor, please drink responsibly. If you wish to walk around in the woods or the gardens, be sure to be aware of your surroundings at all times; branches fall, the grounds are naturally uneven and moose, though large, can be dangerous and very difficult to see until you are almost upon them.
- - General quiet hours are between 9 p.m. and 8 a.m.
- - No smoking inside or outside of the premisses.
- - No dumping cigarettes of any kind on the premisses.
- - What you do in your personal time is entirely up to you. When staying at our place, we have a strict no drug use policy and no engaging in illegal activities anywhere on the property. This is just the law.
- - As much as I love pets, my home cannot accommodate your Fido.
- - We all enjoy a clean home so please use shoe brush outside entrance door before entering home. Please remove shoes at inside entrance, no shoes in the house.
- - Since this is a shared house with multiple occupants, please respect each other’s space and privacy. We kindly ask guests to refrain from entering lower level of the home
- - If you picked Anchorage to party, play hockey, or live a loud, wild Alaska life, you’ve picked a great city to do so. Unfortunately, not in or around our home or neighborhood. Though we’re sure it won’t come to it, serious complaints of unruly behavior will unfortunately result in you being asked to leave. Not good for you. Not good for us.
- - Because of Anchorage’s funky flight hours, we allow check-ins between 3pm and 2am. It is extremely important to be respectful of other guests—BE QUIET as you enter the premisses and get settled in after 9pm.
- - Check-out is by 11am. Want that extra hour to sleep? Should be fine, but please check with us first.
- - Guests under the age of 18 may not remain on the premises unsupervised by parent or guardian.
- - My home IS NOT child proof! I cannot accommodate children under 5 years of age.
- other than toilet paper in the sanitary bin. We want to ensure you a royal flush kind of holiday(URL HIDDEN)Whilst we do a thorough professional clean between each guest stay, we kindly ask that during your stay and prior to leaving, you clean and put away food, any dishes or kitchenware used, and put any dirty towels in the hamper. Please wipe down the kitchen surfaces and tables after use. This helps keep the place pest free and tidy for everyone and helps get through the cleaning process quicker and allows us to keep cleaning costs down for you and future guests.
- - If you choose to use the washer/dryer, please clean out lint after each use. Please be respectful and do not leave your clothes in the appliances when washer or dryer is finished.
- - With people coming and going, it’s difficult to know who brought in food to leave in the fridge. Please remove your food items from the fridge by taking them with you or toss them in the garbage before you leave.
- - To keep our costs down (and pass those savings on to our guests) we kindly ask that you switch off lights and fans when not in use. We also ask that you abide by preset temperature settings or ask owner to lower or increase heat. The temperatures not only affect you but other guests as well.
- - Sharing a bathroom? I’m sure you wouldn’t want to use the bathroom with someone else’s mess. Bathroom towel racks are provided for you in your private rooms, use them. Please keep the bathroom sink surface wiped down after each use with rags provided in bathrooms. Also, pleases flush with each use and keep the toilet lid down when done.
- - We provided a table and bar countertop for eating meals, please do not bring food or drinks to your rooms. I have cup coasters everywhere in the living, dining, and kitchen, please use them.
- - We understand that accidents happen. But we do ask that you please let us know when they do. chances are we can fix them as effortlessly as possible which also means better chances of having your full security deposit returned too.
- - To ensure full safety of our guests and their belongings, we like our guests to keep their private rooms locked and to keep the front door locked as a precautionary measure. Whilst being one of the safest areas of town, we want to ensure every guest stay remains problem free, and this is just one small & simple thing we’re able to do to ensure that.
- - Please extend these safety measures to your cars as well. Please lock your car doors when not in use. Nothing ruins a trip faster than when you have your belongings stolen.
- - We have provided parking in the driveways. Please park in these designated areas and not on the street. Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity for RVs and trailers.
- - No parties, no outside visitors and no visitors may stay over night without previous approval from your host.
- - Please Recycle properly!
- - Squeegees are provided in each shower, please help keep mold spores from growing in the damp Alaskan climate. Please squeegee walls after showers.
- - Some times on a silly dare, we do the silliest of things like take a hotel towel, blanket, or household item, etc. I’m sure you want your security deposit refunded as much as I would like to refund it back to you. When you leave, please take only your belongings with you.
- - RELAX and ENJOY Anchorage, AK!
Dieser Gastgeber hat 3 Bewertungen für andere Unterkünfte.Andere Bewertungen ansehen
I'm an adventurous world traveler and an enthusiastic Alaskan. I'm also a local artist and poet who likes to hike, fish, ski, snow shoe, kayak, camp, and enjoy a good laugh and conversation over coffee, tea, or beer. I love to read fiction, non-fiction, and local and international news. Contra dancing is my addiction--good fun with good people and laughing all the while. Best part of winter is sharing a Baked Alaska dessert outside by an open fire. I love meeting and welcoming people into my home and sharing stories. Come and visit a while!