Gorgeous! 3 bedroom, 2 bath cabin was renovated from top to bottom. New kitchen with slab granite countertops; new range microwave; a new farm sink and fixtures; new wood flooring throughout the entire cabin; new lighting; new baths, reconfigured with new tile and fixtures; brand new woodsy-style beds and bedding; and new paint and mountain-themed decorations. A new outdoor, 8-person heated spa . New big screen TV with Wii console and games; a BluRay/DVD player, WiFi access, and so much more!!
There are beds for seven people. Two of the bedrooms have one queen bed each and the third bedroom has a three twin beds. Linens and towels are included as well as cozy quilts, comforters and blankets. Two full baths make for fast morning getaways whether you’ve planned a day on the slopes, a day on the lake, or any of the many other activities and attractions you’ll find on the mountain.
The kitchen is all set up for you with appliances, cookware, dishware, flatware and utensils, glasses, everything you'll need to prepare a quick bite to eat or full in-cabin family dinners ... we even provide your wine glasses!
The location of the cabin is perfect. It's about 1 mile from Snow Summit and 3 from Bear Mountain...even closer if you were to walk through the National Forest, just four lots up the street from the cabin. A huge rear yard offers on-property snow play for the youngsters in the winter or an impromptu soccer match when the snow has gone. Walking distance to both The Village and Big Bear Lake, yet in a truly woodland/forest setting, this property is like very few others.
Please check out all the pictures. But be assured, you won't be disappointed in this cabin.
We had a local contractor tell us, "He'd been in a thousand cabins on the mountain and he'd never seen one as nice as this one!" It really is stunning...and very warm and welcoming for you and your family after your fun days in Big Bear
Please note that the 11% occupancy tax that the city requires is included in the nightly rate.
There is lots to do in Big Bear in every season. Clean air and friendly people make Big Bear Lake the best mountain vacation spot in Southern California. So come on up and enjoy.
Please note: There is a two night minimum stay and a Three day minimum stay holiday weekends. Christmas Holiday season, Dec. 15-Jan. 7 has a four night minimum. Two night minimum during spring break.
Winter Snow Policy: Consideration will be given to re-booking your stay if snow fall closes two of the three roads into Big Bear the day of your arrival. This would be available to you for the period within 90 days of your reservation.
Please note: well behaved Dogs must be approved by me for this cabin. No cats. We want to keep the cabin gorgeous for everyone to enjoy.
Same day reservations must be approved by me before booking to insure cabin is clean, gorgeous, and ready for you to enjoy. :).
PLEASE NOTE:11% OCCUPANCY TAX INCLUDED IN PRICE(3%-BBLTBID---8%TOT)
You're gonna love this place!!
Zugang für Gäste
Frequently Asked Questions
• Is there a fireplace in the cabin? Yes, the cabin has a large, wood-burning fireplace, so, bring along some firewood and kindling, or a Duralog to burn. Remember to open the flue or you’ll get smoked out!
• Is there a Jacuzzi? Yes, the cabin has a heated outdoor spa, cleaned and sanitized before every renter and ready when you arrive. The spa has a cover (and a lift and store system). The cover needs to be on when not in use. If you have any problems with the spa while you’re renting we have our “spa guy” available to you, though the spa is new, works well and is easily programmed if you want it hotter or cooler, etc. Please note: spas are like big bathtubs and there is a limit to how much the filter can handle. So, clean bodies please, and no drinks or food spilled into the spa. It costs $100.00 to dump, refill and adjust the chemicals if extraordinarily dirty, a cost we would need to pass on to you. PLEASE, no animals in the spa, no exceptions. Thanks!!
• Do you provide sheets and blankets? Yes, high quality linens are provided for each bed in the cabin. They are professionally laundered and beds made up for you when you arrive. Also, every bed is “woodsy-themed” made out of either “peeled bark” posts or actual tree limbs. The bedding is bright and cabin-like. The mattresses and box springs are new and of high quality.
• Is there a place to do laundry nearby? The cabin has a full indoor washer and dryer included. You can do a load before you leave and not have to worry about doing laundry when you get back home. Additionally, we professionally launder all our-provided bedding and towels for you, before and after your visit. We don’t provide laundry detergent/fabric softener, etc.
• How many towels should we bring? We provide one high quality bath towel for every provided sleeping spot, i.e. beds for eight, eight bath towels, plus hand towels. You can wash and/or dry the towels in the laundry if you should need to, or certainly bring extras if you’d like.
• I’ve heard trash is a problem in Big Bear. The problem is that trash left outside the cabin, even in the trash cans, signals “Y’all come” for the local bears and raccoons. And while they’re fun to look at, they make an awful mess of the trash. Each lodger MUST bag their trash and run it over to the local Clean Bear Site No. 1, located at 41970 Garstin Drive, Big Bear Lake. It’s only a few minutes’ drive from every cabin. It’s clean, easy and free to dump. Here’s a link to an online map of where it’s located (URL HIDDEN) Any trash left at the cabin, inside or out, will necessitate an additional charge to the lodger(s).
• You say the cabin has a kitchen. Does it really? Yes, a really kitchen. Yes, really quite well equipped: pots, pans, utensils, plates, cups, flatware, glasses…even wine glasses! Note: no automatic dishwashers. The cabins has a range & oven, microwave and refrigerator, and most are brand new. The cabin has a coffee maker, toaster, etc. You can make anything from a quick grab-and-go meal, to a full family dinner. While we’re on kitchens, there will be no food there for you, nor spices and herbs, etc. We ask that you empty the refrigerator when you leave. Take it home, or throw it out. Bring aluminum foil, plastic wrap, storage containers, dish liquid, etc. as you need. If you’re planning very large, or specialized, meals, be sure to bring along appropriate cooking vessels.
• Is there parking at the cabins? The cabain has room for at least three vehicles.
• Do you have any games at the cabins? There’s lots and lots to do in Big Bear and the local visitors guides and online websites provide much of that information. As far as indoor fun, the cabin has a big screen TV set, a DVD/BluRay player for movies, a Wii console with lots of games (games and movies can also be rented locally at Redbox and Von’s), full WiFi access (password in the cabins), cable TV, as well as perhaps “old fashioned” board games, paperback books, maybe even a deck or two of cards! Or, just prop your feet up and watch a fire in the fireplace and sip some hot chocolate. :0)
• Do you have barbeque grills? Yes, the cabin has a new “charcoal” grill. So, bring charcoal briquettes along with you if you want to grill something.
• Can we clean the cabin ourselves? We are very clean people. We are sure you are, and we of course want you to keep it clean, but no, we have every cabin professionally cleaned between each rental. That way we ensure that the cabin is sparkling clean and fresh for you, and everyone, when you arrive. The $100.00 fee goes directly to the cleaning company. We make no money on the cleaning.
• What do we do with dishes and soiled linens? The linens, towels, etc. may be left on the floor in the laundry room. Dishes, silverware, etc. needs to be cleaned, dried and put back into the cabinets. The cleaning service charges extra if there are soiled dishes left in the sink (currently $25.00 if they have to do any dishes at all).
• When will I get my security deposit back? Security deposit is handled through Airbnb and is usually credited back to you the day after you vacate ( I believe), presuming, of course, there’s no damage done to the cabin.
• How do we get keys to the cabin? We have installed “Schlage-Link” locks on the front door to the cabin. We program in a four-digit code into the lock that is unique to you, so all you have to do is press in the code, the little green light will come on and you can operate the lock. That way, nobody has access to the cabin while you are renting it…no keys floating around at all. Also, we usually program the lock to the last four digits of your mobile phone. That way most everyone in your party can easily remember the code.
• When is check-in and check-out? Usually check in is after 3:00 p.m. on the first night of your rental and check out is 10:00 a.m. of the morning following your last night’s rental. BUT, if no one is renting immediately before or after you, we will be happy to arrange access for you earlier or later as you might need. Sometimes it’s fun to get in an extra “half day” before you check out. :0)
• What if I need to get hold of someone about the cabin? Call or text me we try to respond immediately to all texts or calls :)
• Do I need snow tire chains to get to Big Bear? It’s a really good idea to carry chains during winter months. Storms come through Big Bear sometimes without much warning and dump a lot of snow. You don’t want to not have them if you need them…or have to pay a premium for them locally. Additionally during the winter months, the CHP may stop you to see if you have them and ticket you if you don’t. You can check on chain requirements and road conditions at
• How about dogs? Please email me to discuss. You may bring along one, well-mannered family dog. Obviously, you pick up after him and ensure they do no damage to the cabin. Sorry, no cats. Too many other lodgers may be allergic.
One mile to Snow Summit, three miles to Bear Mountain, with a view of Snow Summits ski slopes from the balconies and Jacuzzi. Close to everything, yet woodsy and private. The cabin sits on a huge one-third acre lot with plenty of room for play right there on the property.
Interaktion mit Gästen
M.P. of Pacific Palisades wrote, “We walked in the door and breathed a sigh of relief! This place is amazing. We’ve rented vacation cabins for many years, and been disappointed so often. No disappointments here.”
G.C. of Lawndale wrote, “We were treated like family and felt so welcome. Can’t wait to come back again and again.”
R.S. of San Diego wrote, “What a location! We got to the cabin just after a big snow, and the kids played in the huge yard all day long, tobogganing, rolling down the hill. Great fun, great spot.”
Weitere wichtige Infos
All this and a perfect location. One mile to Snow Summit, three miles to Bear Mountain, walk to the Lake or five lots up the hill to the National Forest. Close to everything, yet woodsy and private. The cabin sits on a huge one-third acre lot with plenty of room for play right there on the property
First off, Thanks for choosing our Cabin!
Please remember this is our personal family cabin NOT a big business. Please respect our home and leave it as beautiful when you leave as when you arrive. We all want to enjoy the cabin and when the cabin is left a mess, other's are not able to enjoy it as you have.
We are not a hotel. We provide a nice family cabin and an affordable rate. We provide pots, pans, cooking utensils, sheets, blankets, towels and "the basics". We do not provide the following items: Coffee, Coffee filters, seasonings, soap, charcoal, lighter fluid, Shampoo or Conditioner.
1. Dogs please email me. No Cats, Sorry. Too many people with allergies
2. The cabin is in the woods with critters, stairs, and weather. By booking this unit, you accept all responsibility and liability for keeping you, your guests, and your children safe.
3. There is NO smoking IN the home. (You can outside but please remove cigarette butts.) If you do choose to smoke inside or if the house smells of smoke from outside smoking, there will be a $500 charge for odor removal services.
4. Please do not feed the wildlife. Please do not leave trash outside. It will be scattered the next morning all over the place.
5. The cabin has a heated outdoor spa. The spa is cleaned and sanitized before every renter and ready when you arrive. The spa has a cover (and a lift and store system). The cover needs to be on when not in use. If you have any problems with the spa while you’re renting we have our “spa guy” available to you, though they are all new, work well and are easily programmed if you want them hotter or cooler, etc. Please note: spas are like big bathtubs and there is a limit to how much the filter can handle. So, clean bodies please, and no drinks or food spilled into the spa. It costs $100.00 to dump, refill and adjust the chemicals if extraordinarily dirty, a cost we would need to pass on to you. PLEASE, no animals in the spa, no exceptions. Thanks!!
6. Stairs leading to the house are NOT handicap accessible!
7. No parties at the house or guests outside of those who have registered as guests. This rule is strictly enforced and your deposit will be forfeit for any violations of this rule. If you would like an exception, please write to us. Exceptions are only allowed with written permission from us. We will never only provide permission by phone contact. You must have it in writing from us.
8. Guests above 8 people are charged at $50 per night. That is really to discourage large groups at the house. This is our home and it is not meant as an event venue.
9. Please do not move the furniture.
10. Please report any damage.
11. If you use the small appliances or cookware, please clean them before putting them away. (You want to see a crazy Italian when he goes to get his skillet and it is burned and has food in it).
12. Please keep any outside noise to manageable levels – respecting the neighbors’ privacy and right to sleep. Please no outside noise after 10 at night.
13. Please do not leave the doors open with the heat running.
14. When you leave please complete the guest exist checklist and leave it on the counter.
15. ALL trash must be removed from cabin and taken to the clean bear site. Annoying I know, But these are the rules in Big Bear. All dishes must be cleaned and put away. The cleaning fee is for general cleaning of the cabin, floors, sheets, linens.
16. Check in – 3pm; Check-out 10 am
17. We cannot guarantee the cabin will be ready with same day check in. Please email me to insure the cabin is ready. Thank you.
Hello all and welcome!
I am excited to be a part of this community and to be able to help people feel right at home.
I love connecting with new people, getting lost in strange places, writing, boating, hiking and cooking. Born and raised in Southern California. I adore San Diego, Big Bear Lake, Cinque Terre Italy and The Sea of Cortez.
I am looking forward to making wonderful new friendships with people from around the globe! :)