Cosy & charming, fully refurbished caravan amongst the palms in peaceful Bonnells Bay. 'Wanderlust' is the perfect romantic escape or chill/zen zone for the solo traveller. Enjoy the indoor fireplace as you relax with a warm cuppa & watch the sunset over the lake & hinterlands. Make sure you pack swimmers so you can enjoy a relaxing soak in the massive hydrotherapy spa beneath the fairy lights & starlit sky. A 2 person kayak is also avail for hire, perfect to enjoy the black swans on the lake.
'Wanderlust' is a newly refurbished vintage van set amongst the palms in the peaceful Lakeside town of Bonnells Bay, NSW.
Enjoy the beautiful, fresh breeze and stunning sunsets over Lake Macquarie from the lakeside, van, outdoor BBQ area or whilst soaking in the massive outdoor hydrotherapy spa with a wine or beer.
Evenings in the spa are absolutely gorgeous beneath the fairy lights, palm trees and star filled sky.
Pack a picnic basket, bottle of wine and go and pick a beautiful spot down by the lake to sit and relax with someone special, there are black swans everywhere. Such a lovely way to spend the afternoon.
There is a two person kayak that is available for hire, please discuss this with us. The lake is home to many peaceful, large black swans and is only a stones throw away! Definitely an oasis to any adventure lovers! Speaking of adventure, there’s also many mountain bike trails, places to fish and beautiful bush walks for those seeking something a little adventurous.
Our place is perfect for a romantic escape with someone special or for the solo traveller who is seeking some quiet time to themselves to reflect and relax.
We have fitted an ambient fireplace to the van to keep you warm and to add to the relaxing atmosphere inside 'Wanderlust'.
There is a luxurious & plush queen bed, breakfast bar, refrigerator, microwave, cups, mugs, plates, outdoor (enclosed, private and hot water) shower next to the spa, flushing toilet inside van, bath towels and living essentials.
'Wanderlust' is a beautiful & scenic 40 min drive to Hunter Valley region including Hope Estate Winery.
'Wanderlust' is only 25 min to local beaches. Be sure to visit Caves Beach and Catherine Hill Bay which is a state heritage listed historic mining village with a gorgeous patrolled beach - named twice as one of 'Australia's top 101 best beaches'. It features an iconic former coal loading jetty, evidence of the areas mining history and is a very popular photography spot. If you're an early riser, I suggest checking out the sunrise here. It's also a popular beach for swimming, fishing and surfing.
A shower towel is provided for each guest - however please bring your own swimming towel for use after spa and kayaking.
If ‘Wanderlust’ isn’t available for the dates you’d like, please check to see if our other van ‘Gypsy Soul’ is available. Why not grab your partner and another couple and book both vans for a group escape or birthday?
Please speak to me about booking both vans if you would like exclusive use of the spa for extra privacy.
Happy to arrange delicious dinner for those who are traveling and want a home cooked meal without the hassle of cooking. Cooked breakfast, delivered to the van is also an option if you would like this. Just let me know in a message if you're interested and I'll send you details :)
Zugang für Gäste
Massive outdoor hydrotherapy spa, two person kayak available for hire, flushing toilet in van, microwave, fridge, outdoor enclosed hot water shower, outdoor BBQ, outdoor entertainment area.
Interaktion mit Gästen
I am available if you need anything but prefer to leave you to enjoy your privacy, peace and quiet.
Weitere wichtige Infos
Please note there is no shower inside 'Wanderlust' as the steam/moisture can damage the van interior, which we want to keep nice for you. We have installed an outdoor hot water shower that is completely enclosed for your privacy and comfort. Eco body wash is supplied. There is a massive outdoor hydrotherapy spa so don't forget your swimmers.
- 'Wanderlust' is located in a safe and friendly neighbourhood on a peaceful residential property not busy/noisy caravan park. 'Wanderlust' sits on the front grass of the residential property beneath several large palms with plenty of warm sunlight filtering through her windows and is just a minutes walk to the lake. There are always native birds feeding on the grass just outside her windows.
- Kayak hire is $50 for two hours and $80 for 4 hours. This rate includes life jackets and paddles for two adults. Please discuss kayak booking with us.
- Check out is 10am unless otherwise agreed to prior to check out. A $25 charge per 30 mins applies there after; only where late check out has not been approved. This is only to avoid complications with new guests checking in with us on the same day that you are checking out - thanks for understanding.
- Please be considerate and not smoke inside the van. 'Wanderlust' is completely new inside and all furnishings are new, clean and there for your comfort.
- Please don't wear shoes inside van or when laying on the white dooner cover.
- Please respect neighbours.
- Spa will be closed at 9pm each night and opens at 9am each morning unless otherwise discussed.
- Plastic glasses are provided if you wish to drink in hydrotherapy spa, no glass please (cans are fine) - if the glass breaks we will have to empty all the water out to find the glass as we need to keep it safe for all future guests.
- 'Wanderlust' is suitable only for babies who are 'not on the move'.
- 'Wanderlust' is not for towing; onsite only.
- No cleaning fee is charged during your stay as I trust you will keep 'Wanderlust' clean and treat her as your own during your stay. I don't think it's fair to charge a cleaning fee to tidy people :) so please leave 'Wanderlust' clean and tidy (as you found her) to avoid cleaning fee being charged on your departure.
Hi! I'm an ambo and my partner is an aerial performer. We are both nature lovers, peace seekers and (non crazy) vegans who enjoy being around the ocean, meeting new people, travelling and both enjoy the simple things in life.
We renovated 'Wanderlust' together so that we could travel along the East Coast of Australia however life is a bit busy at the moment so we want to share her with you airbnb folk in the meant time before we head off on that journey. In the mean time, we have started renovating our second van “Gypsy Soul” because the first one was so much fun.
We will do what we can to make your stay peaceful, relaxing, unique and fun. We just want you to have an enjoyable and memorable stay.