I am sorry that we were not equipped to deal with your handicapp. We clearly state in our listing that we have stairs. To address your concerns.
1) The extention cord lays on top of the carpeting, under the bed and is not under any carpeting. The extention cord provides light to both bedside tables and clock. In fact, if you had turned on the bed side light it would have lit the hallway.
2) The steep stairs are a normal stairway, there is not one but two lights in the ceiling of the hallway. They only needed to be turned on. Lori should have shown you the switch. You could have called out to her and she would have come to help you, as she had said she would. She stayed in the house with you the whole time.
3) Lori told you that the lockbox had the key in it and it was stuck. She offered you a solution by not locking the door, until you came back.
4) There are two lights in the ceiling of the hallway, each has two light bulbs. You need only turn on the switch.
5) See 4, this is a normal stairway. My carpeting is older, but not frayed as you say.
Okay, from our point of view....
You drove up my next door neighbors driveway and parked in his back yard and then came to my back door. No one has ever, ever done this before.
You were offered to park in my driveway. You chose to park on the street. Lori offered to carry in your bags and you declined her offer and complained the whole way into the house.
You were scheduled to be a guest next door. Lori saw how disconnected you were and brought you into another bnb room we have, so that she could be there for you.
Lori offered you kitchen use and food which you declined for dinner and breakfast.
You had Lori turn on the air conditioner for you and read the password for our wifi from your phone, for you.
You scared Lori half to death saying you couldn't get out of the chair in the bedroom and when you did, she offered to get you a different chair which you declined.
You asked Lori where she slept. Lori told you where she was in the house and that you could call out to her and she would come help you if you needed her in the night. This is not normally expected in any airbnb that I know of.
I was a phone call away as well. Had you called me, I could have told you where the light switch was, or called Lori to come show you. I could have also alleviated your fears of the electric cord and suggested you turn on the bedside light by the hall door (less than 4 feet away from the bedroom door) and turned up the over head light in the bedroom that is on a dimmer switch.
In the morning when you left, the door was opened and ajar. Lori was awake in the kitchen. She was expecting someone.
Lori was more than accommodating to you. She was there, waiting on you.
You spent a lot of time complaining and Lori kept offering you suggestions and trying to accommodate you.
You lack good communication skills.
Our home is safe for a normal traveler that is why no one else has expressed a problem with it. Our home is clean, it seems as if nothing suited you.
Again, I am truly sorry for your problems. I wish you all the best this world has to offer you.