I would like to thank John for staying at the apartment and it was a pleasure meeting him and his wife.
Unfortunately, the review left by John is, unfortunately, both inaccurate, untrue and seems to be intentionally malicious. The guests would certainly be more suited for a hotel.
1) There is one sofa perfect for two people and, several weeks prior to arriving, John asked for an additional sofa which I provided. Please see my many other reviews and you will see there have been no concerns regarding furniture previously, with the flat being described as 'comfortable', amongst other things.
2) I was informed that the bulb in one lamp was not functioning, and I replaced it the next day. There is a dining table in the living room which a lamp could be placed on if necessary in addition to the chandelier.
3) This is just factually inaccurate. The flat was NEVER advertised as sleeping 4 -only 3 people. There is one master bedroom with a large bed (see images) and a single bed. There have never been any concerns regarding the beds prior to this review.
4) Once John told me about the Wifi, I visited the flat the next day for 2 hours and added an additional router and provided BT Wifi with Fon which offered 4G wifi for the entire flat and availability at hotspots across the country. I tested this thoroughly and the wifi was available throughout the flat. It simply required one username and password to login, which I provided.
5) Indeed, I am a busy doctor however I never compromise the comfort of my guests - please see my previous reviews. I spent time on the guest's arrival explaining the appliances and explicitly stated several times that if there were any concerns whatsoever I would be more than happy to help (and of course I even would have provided written information if I had known that there had been difficulties).
I would like to reassure all future guests with the above information and that this review is simply untrue. John states he has rented many properties over several years on Airbnb, yet has no reviews (other than mine) and joined the site in January 2018.
I encourage any future guests not to hesitate to get in touch with me if they have any concerns whatsoever. I wish John and his family all the best for the future.