The 'Black Castle' Barcaldine Castle was built in 1609 and restored in 1897 by Sir Duncan Campbell. The castle is Argyll’s only ancient castle offering Bed and Breakfast facilities.
Barcaldine Castle offers something truly beautiful, set on the shores of Loch Creran with breath-taking views of the snow-capped mountains of Glencoe in early spring to the golden colours of autumn. Just over 2 hours drive from Glasgow Airport, 3 hours from Edinburgh Airport. We are located 9 miles from Oban.
Exclusive Use for you and your party.
The Great Hall – A space for guests to relax with a wee dram by the large, open fireplace. Guests will also enjoy their locally sourced breakfast each morning within the Great Hall.
The Lairds Parlour – Our cosy room in the castle, seats surround our second fireplace and TV for those cold, winter nights with the fire roaring away.
Floors – The ground floor has reception/office area, a public toilet, a bottle dungeon and information boards regarding the history of the castle. On the first floor is the Great Hall and Lairds Parlour. The second floor hosts Argyll, Breadalbane and Barcaldine and on the third floor sits Airds, Caithness and Lochnell. The castle has a stone spiral staircase which gives access to each bedroom over three floors.
Zugang für Gäste
Guests have access to all floors in the castle apart from the ground floor where the Property Managers have their office.
Interaktion mit Gästen
We will be here to greet all guests on arrival. During your stay you will have complete privacy however you can contact us in the office during your stay. We will also leave you with an emergency number.
We can provide all local information and can help with any area of your stay to maximize your comfort and ease of use this includes catering options, hiking options and we are more than happy to recommend and book local restaurants.
Weitere wichtige Infos
* OUR FAMOUS SCOTTISH BREAKFAST IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE EACH MORNING FOR ALL OF YOUR GUESTS *
* Please note we have spiral staircases, therefore we encourage our guests to bring an overnight bag rather than a large suitcase.
* We don't offer dinner at the castle, however are lucky enough to be surrounded by a lot of well reviewed restaurants.
* Each room boasts a luxury room tray of kettle, cafetiere, tea, coffee, water, fresh lemonade and sweets and treats.
* Whisky glasses provided in the Great Hall.
* We don't have a license to sell alcohol, but you are more than welcome to bring your own to enjoy in front of the fire. Glasses, ice and a cooler provided.
* No rooms on ground floor therefore it isn't suitable for anyone with mobility difficulties.
(Noch) keine Bewertungen
Diese Unterkunft hat noch keine Bewertungen. Wenn du sie buchst, wird deine Bewertung hier erscheinen.
Hello from the team at Barcaldine Castle! :)
We look forward to hosting you at the historic "Black Castle" near Oban. We are a small, friendly and discreet team and enjoy meeting guests from all over the world :)
Hope to see you soon!
Adele & Gavin and Abbie & Daniel