Thanks for staying at my home and I'm sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience and discomfort that you had regarding your stay. However, it's quite frustrating when the reviews are untrue.
1) "Pillows without pillowcases": the furry decorative cushions are not meant to be in pillowcases...
2) One layer of the sheet should be sufficient for the comfortable sleeping environment, yet I have just purchased additional beddings for future guests.
3) For every booked guest, I send out a detailed message regarding the process of checking in and check out. In the note, I have explicitly included the method that will be used to check out (having a local friend pick up the keys from you).
4) Every time I list my place is during my time away. With that being said, I cannot run to the house physically to resolve the issue. However, I certainly do my best to accommodate my guests to make sure that they have a great experience.
5) Due to the Time Difference of my usual traveling schedule, I cannot reply within minutes. CALLING would be a great way to get a hold of me immediately. Without any attempted communication, it was unfortunate that you had to lock the door from inside.
Overall, very sorry that you had an unpleasant experience during your stay. I am shocked and also despondent to know that you had a bad time. Hope the refund made you feel a little better. Take care!