First of all to hold a host hostage for a 1 star review for very little money is disrespectful and reflect poor attitude. We are a decent and good hard working couple.
1) The apartment did not come with curtains. And I will not install curtains. The money made from airbnb bookings barely break even half my rent, I will not invest on curtains, nor drill holes in the wall that will threaten my deposit and be a chore to spackle back in and paint if I move out. Welcome to sunny California, the bed is not nailed to the floor if this was an issue I can help you move it during that time. Install an app called a sun tracker. FYI the last few days sunrise is at 6:10 to 6:30 AM so whatever this planet you were on that the sun was blazing into the room it was not my apartment.
2) It is on my post even before this issue that you can run the AC anytime you want. Just close it if you step out. Do not expect us to run the AC for you because we love the weather either hot or cold, we are acclimated to it and may not turn it on during your stay. I briefed you when you arrived where it was and specifically said,"You may turn it on whenever you feel like it"
3)Nobody diluted the soap nor the shampoo. This is a blatant lie. Should I do buy a new bottle and pour it out and compare with the old bottle? I checked as soon as I read your review thinking maybe a previous guest did so. But nope the bottles are the same consistency when I bought them and are exactly the same ones I have in my own bath.
4) Perfumed smell are called dryer sheets. Again the booking fees do not pay enough for us to waste perfume on the sheets. Just for future reference. I have allocated a set of sheets that run with dryer sheets for more sensitive customers.
5) Parking fees cannot be included with the price of the property because there are travelers that are trying to save money, why would I charge them for parking they do not need. The $30 fee is on my page and everybody has been well notified of this way before you made a booking. The fees do not go to my pocket. They are for your convenience, I move my car to a nearby garage that each guest are welcome to park and find out that it cost just as much plus a 5 minute walk each way. This is for your convenience. Hollywood Blvd. Walk of Fame has everything anyways, and tourist hot spots are so near, it is just convenient to book the spot.
6)Numerous texts was because you explicitly said I will use the parking spot and left with its clicker access leaving my car not able to park in my own garage. The numerous text which I can provide complete screenshots are in reply to your messages. And all withing appropriate times and context. There is no FREE money! I could have booked the place to a more pleasant guest. At no point the messages could be considered harassment. If ever it came to the point I waived the fees and begged you to return my gate clicker so I can come home and park in my garage at which point you ignored my messages, I had to park in the nearby parking garage and loose more money. FYI you came back past your check out time with a lame excuse about getting lost with your GPS and try to blame me. When I replied please show me where I mislead you, or gave you wrong GPS information you changed your argument. I had to wait the whole afternoon to the early evening for you to come back with my apartment keys, and came back late for check out costing me money I could have made putting in hours at work, and the stress of rush cleaning for the next guest who was very understanding of the situation when I told them I could not let them enter the apartment while you still had stuff occupying the room.
7) Whatever this $50 dollars of property you off. I have no idea. You own nothing that you could leave behind I would want, and I thoroughly clean each room after each guest and found nothing. I waived the fee in desperation when you were late checking out, because it will cost me over $200 to replace the whole set of keys including programming a gate clicker.
8) No ice cubes? I have two trays of ice cubes. Maybe you mean ran out of ice cubes because obviously someone popped out the cubes out of one tray and did not do the courtesy to refill them. We clean for each guest but we aren't your maid to pick up after you.
None of this review reflect cleanliness, my responsiveness, location descriptions because even the blinds you speak off are in the pictures, the location, and your not liking LA does not reflect the place value because it is a luxury apartment in the middle of Hollywood, literally. You had to sleep at another place because you went to long beach and chose to stay there does not change the fact you had a booking and the room reserved for you and you had positive control of the keys to the apartment and parking. Entering the home? The apartments security measures of entrance through a parking garage and elevator. How I improve this? Put a ladder by the bedroom window so you can directly access the room? You arrive in a car, in a garage, you step out the garage into an elevator with the apartment the first door after the elevator. How is this hard and inconvenient. HA! You gave 3 stars for cleanliness because you cannot argue the room is impeccably clean. Other than the bathtub is aged and no matter what scrubbing can fix the fiberglass discoloration, each corner of the room is cleaned and new sheets and towels provided for the guests.
Your review would have been believable if you kept it at a reasonable rating, but like a child throwing a tantrum you use the reviews as a tool of disrespecting a home, a home you were welcomed to, and not enough money would compensate for your actions and response, as well as the exaggerations and lies, knit picking on every little thing.