Paul and Tracey,
First of all, thank you for staying in my flat.
I have had other guests stayed in my flat previously. None of them left such comments. Given the amount of efforts I have put in to accommodating you, the feedback seems appalling.
I will use this opportunity to clarify a few things:
- first of all, your estimated arrival time was between 12pm to 2pm. I waited for you until 4pm, missing my appointment and taking half day off. However I did not receive a thank you upon your arrival.
- secondly, you did not find your way to my flat and Paul shouted at me on the phone. It seemed like it was my fault that you missed a few roundabouts. I did not argue back and stayed calm for the whole conversation to repeat my address several times, in order to guide you to my flat. That showed my hospitality.
- thirdly, you did not communicate beforehand that you were driving to my flat. I have to trouble my neighbor to get her parking spot for you, then moving my parking spot in order to accommodate you. I don’t think I received a thank you neither.
- fourthly, my friend stayed in my other bedroom. I asked you if it was ok beforehand. If you had any objection, you should have raised with me in the first place, not to leave such comment.
- finally, I tried to contact you several times during your stay checking how everything is. No reply from you. If you had any issues, you should raise them with me.
I have tried everything I could to accommodate you. I believe the Airbnb community should be based on mutual respect and corporation. While the host should provide good standard of service, we are not in the position of being mistreated.
I would highly recommend you to book a hotel room next time.
If you have any further comments, please let me know. As I would like to escalate this issue further to the Airbnb team.