There's Destin West, and then there's a Destin West Resort penthouse – a vacation home that feels like it's been airdropped directly onto the top of the world. Well, if the top of the world could swap its clouds for sun, sea breezes and ocean views.
You'll feel it the first time you summit the spiral staircase to your private rooftop terrace: It's the highest point on Okaloosa Island, and from here you'll have a 360º panoramic view of the island, Choctawhatchee Bay, and the Gulf of Mexico, not to mention untouched beaches and heaping sand dunes. You read that right: unobstructed island, bay, beach and ocean views that stretch north to south, east to west. Or, as we call it for short, “the best view in the world.”
Spiral back down to the main living quarters, where the views just don't quit. Unlike many lower-level condos, Pelican's Perch (officially Pelican PH-03, bayside) offers open water views from the master bedroom, living room, dining area, and kitchen, plus peekaboo views from the second bedroom and bunkroom.
Hold. The. Phone. Open water views from nearly every room? You got it. So whether you're lounging in the master bedroom or chatting in the living room or chowing down at the table or prepping dinner in the kitchen, the sliding glass doors and picture windows are the only things that separate you from the sparkling, jade-colored bay that helps earn the famed Emerald Coast its name.
The water views are just the beginning: From the moment you step into Pelican's Perch and the balmy sea breezes tickle your senses, your worries begin to melt away. This is a soothing and special getaway, where you can enjoy your morning coffee on the balcony before the kids get up. A place where you can lounge on your private rooftop, basking in the warm Florida sun. A getaway where you can watch the sunset dip over the horizon, the skyline streaked in a kaleidoscope of pink and purple, as your fresh Gulf shrimp skewers sizzle away on the grill. In a word, Pelican's Perch is striking.
But hey, we know you're not just here for the 360º views, rooftop terrace, and three bedrooms: you're here for Destin West Resort. And we don't blame you. The resort's list of amenities is almost embarrassing, with offerings like a 5,000 square-foot swimming pool, kid-friendly zero-entry (aka beach) pool, two giant Jacuzzis, winter-heated waterfall pool, and the region's largest lazy river. Booyah, we said lazy river. (And it lights up at night!)
Meander across the resort's private footbridge, and you're on a pristine, white-sand beach along the Gulf of Mexico's Choctawhatchee Bay. Rent boogie boards, sea kayaks, or jet skis; sign the kiddos up for resort activities; and sweat off Florida's epicurean delights in the state-of-the-art fitness center. Yes, without a doubt, Destin West Resort is one of the most family-friendly, well serviced, and upscale locales on the island.
THIS CONDO IS PERFECT FOR:
A lot of rentals force you into cookie cutter molds. Not us. At Coastal Vibe Vacations, we believe that every vacationer has the right to a personalized vacation that's tailored to their needs and wishlist. With that in mind, Pelican's Perch is well suited to:
• Small Families: Traveling with a couple of kids and/or a grandparent or two? With three bedrooms and two bathrooms, Pelican's Perch has room for everyone.
• Large Families: Close-knit families that don't mind bunking up can easily sleep parents and up to six kids.
• Families Vacationing Together: The layout at Pelican's Perch is perfect for two families traveling together, easily sleeping two couples and up to three kids.
• Water Lovers: Do you appreciate a good view? Even if you don't need three bedrooms, this condo's spectacular views and rooftop deck make it worth the premium. Oh, and did we mention that the Lazy River, pool, marina and palm trees – all within your view – light up at night?
Nearby Activities & Attractions
The condo is conveniently located on Destin's Okaloosa Island, just steps away from a veritable buffet of things to do, places to see, and experiences to live. Even if you spent a few months here, you'd be hard-pressed to fit in even half our list of favorites!
That said, we're also happy to make recommendations for activities and attractions further afield; just let us know what you love to do, and we'll make it happen. We also send all guests our complementary Destin Insider's Guide, complete with special discounts and deals exclusively for Coastal Vibe guests!
Now without further ado, here are a few of our favorite things:
• Destin West Resort: 7 outdoor pools, 3 whirlpool spas, a lazy river, private beach access, children's programs, a fitness center, special winter programs, and more awesomeness await.
• Private charter fishing: Wet your line and experience why Destin has been nicknamed the “luckiest little fishing village,” with catches like red snapper, grouper, amberjack, king mackerel, and more. Plan your fishing early, and spend the rest of your stay grilling up your catches!
• Motor boating: Make waves and catch rays! Fire up the engine and cruise down the bay, inquire in quiet coves, drop anchor at Crab Island for an afternoon dip, or follow a pod of dolphins – the bay is your oyster.
• Local beaches: Dig your toes into powder-soft, white sand at any of the 13 public access beach points in Destin.
• Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park: Take the kids (and kids-at-heart) to see dolphins, sea lions, seals, alligators, sea turtles, stingrays, otters and much more. Animal shows and behind-the-scenes encounters held daily.
• Championship Golf: Unleash your skill and swing at Destin's numerous world-class golf courses, including Kelly Plantation, Rigatta Bay, and Sandestin's four championship courses.
• Shopping: If you get the zen to spend, head over to the Silver Sands Outlet Mall, Destin Commons, Harborwalk Village, Baytowne Wharf, and other Destin shopping hotspots.
• Go-carts and Mini-Golf: Go wild at The Track, a recreation center with go-carts, mini golf, bumper boats, bungee jumping, arcade games, and more.
• Day cruises: Explore the Gulf of Mexico, your way – theatre cruises, dolphin cruises, dinner cruises, and more. There's even a pirate cruise to thrill your youngest family members!
• Water recreation: Popular water sports include waverunner rentals, paddle-boating, kiteboarding, parasailing, kayaking, and jet-skiing.
• Other activities: There are bike and jogging trails, the Emerald Coast Conference Center, Big Kahuna's Water & Adventure Park, old-timey Boardwalk, and plenty of other things to do in and around Destin.
• Rainy Day?: Mosey on over to the neighboring Fudpuckers (a one-of-a-kind Destin experience!) and its Fat Daddy's arcade, and see if you can earn enough tickets for your dream prize – or beat my NBA Hoops high score. (Betcha can't.)
About Coastal Vibe Vacations:
Coastal Vibe Vacations is not some faceless company, so let me introduce myself. My name is David Jenn, and I've been exploring Destin West for more than 15 years. I love Okaloosa Island with a passion – a passion I promise I'll use to help you plan the vacation of your dreams.
When you book with Coastal Vibe, you're talking with me. Always, every time. I'll help you pick the perfect condo (I manage nearly a dozen) and will offer recommendations based on you, not some preconceived notion. Our booking process is simple and I'm available by phone, text or email. I promise to go above and beyond.
(Noch) keine Bewertungen
Diese Unterkunft hat noch keine Bewertungen. Wenn du sie buchst, wird deine Bewertung hier erscheinen.