An architect-designed rowhouse close to Shaw Metro, Convention Center, CityMarket at O, walkable to museums downtown. You’ll love the large living and working space, well-equipped kitchen, and convenience of being in what Eater calls DC’s "hottest restaurant neighborhood". The house is most comfortable for 2-6 adults plus kids but in a pinch, use the twin-sized ottoman plus an airbed or two to sleep up to 11. Or, book the adjoining English Basement apt for a fourth bath & king-sized bedroom.
"District Rowhouse" is a 19th century Victorian brownstone with three bedrooms. Our guests enjoy using the chef's kitchen and say the architects who introduced modern conveniences into the house left it feeling like an art gallery. We are located three small blocks from the DC convention center and Yellow/Green Metro lines, within easy walking distance to museums, coffee shops, farmer's markets, and dining at the National Mall, Penn Quarter, Dupont Circle, and U Street nightlife district. Plentiful street parking surrounds our block. Just let us know if you will need a visitor's parking permit.
Our kitchen and living room are set up for heavy entertaining. We've hosted sit-down dinners for up to thirty. The large dining table is a great workspace for one but has also doubled as a conference table for numerous startup retreats. It seats ten but can squeeze up to fourteen, depending on how friendly you are willing to get with your guests. If you're planning a party, please get in touch and let us know what you have in mind so we can help.
All of the bedrooms are situated upstairs. The master bedroom overlooks P Street and has its own en suite bathroom and queen-sized bed. The second two bedrooms have a queen bed and double bed, respectively. All of the bedrooms have access to a second full bathroom on the bedroom level and an additional half guest bathroom on the first floor.
We usually have a two-night minimum for bookings. Feel free to inquire about one-night stays, which are accommodated for special events and in between bookings already in place.
Zugang für Gäste
*Upper 2 levels only
*Shared laundry area
Interaktion mit Gästen
We look for responsible, independent guests who will take care of our home as we would. We'll make sure you're checked in okay and respond to questions through AirBnB's app or text/phone during your stay. We work with Huxley Hospitality to ensure you can always reach someone to answer questions, offer suggestions, and help. They are AirBnB Superhosts themselves and know our property inside and out. We also receive all guest messages and are available to answer questions and provide suggestions as needed. Together, we'll do our best to make sure you have a fabulous stay in the District.
- Be respectful of our neighbors (no loud music or parties without previous permission) All events must be pre-approved. Additional charges will apply.
- Please do not put loose garbage in the bins in front of house. Kindly put in bag(s) if using outside bins. Garbage bags are provided for you located under the kitchen sink. However, if you run out, Giant is 24 hours (down the street) and has more. thanks for helping us avoid steep fines from the city. Feel free to leave garbage in kitchen.
- We want you to make yourselves at home but please keep in mind that our cleaning crew has to turn the house over for up to 16 guests at a time and our laundry can't accommodate that much in one sitting. Any extra linens in the laundry room helps us accommodate this. You are welcome to use linens if you wash AND dry and put them back before checkout time; however, additional linens used and not replaced will be charged $15/towel
- One Parking Pass is included. Parking pass: $350 fine if not returned. Additional parking pass requires advanced reservation. $25/day per pass.
- Please be respectful of the house and leave it in the same shape you found it. If there is accidental damage that's happened, let us know.
- We look for responsible guests who have experience staying as guests in friends' homes and/or taking care of vacation homes. Before leaving, we ask guests to make sure everything is put back where it was found, wipe down counters, take care of any dirty dishes and clean any food/spills on floors. Our cleaning crew will take care of vacuuming and making the beds for the next guests. If a member of your group breaks something, please replace it if you can and if you can't, let us know so that we can work out a reasonable solution and ensure that the next guest has an enjoyable stay. Thank you!
Dieser Gastgeber hat 187 Bewertungen für andere Unterkünfte.Andere Bewertungen ansehen
I love the District and sharing all the local gems it has to offer, from swing dancing evenings in a former embassy to the very affordable hidden six-seat restaurant where an idiosyncratic local Thai chef cooks personalized meals for his guests. My job and PhD program keep me on my toes, so when I'm in town, it's always a wonderful respite to get to meet fellow travelers and share stories and recommendations for food, galleries, parks, museums, and walking spots. Plus, after enjoying getting to travel like a local around the world through AirBnB and making some good friends through the process, I'm completely addicted to this website and the great community of travelers who use it!