2 spare rooms and private bathroom (last three pics) in a very funky house with (very) amateur farm & catfish pond (never used the pool ;).
24hr staff (maid family live in the compound) and security & 4 dogs (a king poodle, FRIENDLY pitbull puppy, maids daughter has another puppy & it's mother)
3bed + 2 bathroom + Garden + Private Driveway + 'Farm' + 24/hr live in staff
Overall rustic "bohemian" feel with lots of character, full of tidbits from around the World. It's not a soulless luxury Villa, it's usually my home, which could be described as a colonial-loft-style house.
Location is absolutely "down-town" Seminyak (the trendy Bali area) it is the closest private foreign house to KuDeTa (the legendary sunset bar/ 5* restaurant) so a 1min walk to the beach, where there is also a huge Balinese temple, 2min ride to "Eat-street" with loads of restaurants, 3min ride to sunset/nightlife hot-spots (Potato Head, W Hotel, etc). Best boutique shopping all around.
Downstairs = my room + bathroom & living room/kitchen (double story 25ft ceilings / West i.e. sunset & ocean facing, so breezy and light / but not killer hot) now with an enormous carved daybed in the middle. Large telescope.
Garden = never used the pool so now turned into a fish farm, "jungle shower", overgrown garden (lots of shade & strange flowers), "prison"-style weight bench (that a friends gardener built. Seriously), sun loungers but too much shade in the garden for sunbathing & it's a 1 min walk to the beach!
Upstairs= west facing balcony for sunset / hammock, 2 more guest air-con bed-rooms with double-bed (quality mattress) & interconnecting bathroom with shower.
In the private compound = private three-car drive way, opposite our huge amateur "farm" growing heirloom tomatoes, a type of bland sweet potato (not my thing), mangos (no brainer), limes (handy), lemon-basil (awesome), aloe vera (for sunburn, healthy but disgusting), and ylang-ylang flowers (if you want to try and make your own channel no.5), staff houses, staff kitchens & their bathroom, etc.
You can hear the waves at night and watch sunset from the balcony (and get glimpses from the living room daybed). You feel the sea-breeze, unless it is not windy, in which you don't. It is on a paved road, a rarity in Bali (you can walk to KuDeTa in high heels, if you must... I tend to just go barefoot).
- 24hr staff "over-kill", maid, her husband & daughter (on-site but other side of the driveway in the farm section, so full privacy, but still in shouting distance): Daily offerings to the statues & shrines (so the Gods are happy, always a bonus), ALL cleaning (lots of sweeping going on, which is rather Zen to listen to) & dishes, laundry (she even irons socks...), shopping, any random request you can come up with (juice these exotic fruits, chop open the coconut, refill the ice-tray, etc.), cooking (local only, but best jackfruit curry in town...), security (they hang around & neighboring resort security are 10meters away) & finally (for a $5-$10 tip) massages.
- Top-quality linen, top-quality table-wear, fully equipped kitchen, spices, so many condiments that every new girlfriend over the past years has thrown out half of them.
- vita-life R-system Magnetic Resonance system (see (website hidden)). Just turn it on & lie down, great for meditation, etc etc. My hippie friends love it.
- No TV or Wi-fi (but there is a cute cafe / restaurant "The Straw Hut" 20 meters & frankly there are much better things to do in Bali than check your email!) & our phones
- Technics 1200 DJ set up (getting dusty..) & boxes of records
- Bookshelves full of quirky books across a range of subjects
- Surround sound theater (speakers on cool home-made bamboo movable stands, which the upward-aspirational locals find highly amusing)
- A motorbike (or even car & full time driver) available on request from the guys next door, they'll even pick you up at the airport and give you a cheesy flower necklace, if that's your kind of thing. They are travel tour arranger guys on the corner (half way to the beach) who can arrange anything
- Massage place next door $10/hour, will come to the house, if don't want to use the maid
- I'll leave a full REAL "Insider" guide
- Two ridiculously friendly dogs. A standard poodle & a pitbull puppy.
Zugang für Gäste
Upstairs 2 rooms with inter-connecting private bathroom / shower / toilet
(last three pictures)
Interaktion mit Gästen
Staff live in the compound. I'm generally here / on the end of the phone.
It's a home, please treat it as such.
(Noch) keine Bewertungen
Diese Unterkunft hat noch keine Bewertungen. Wenn du sie buchst, wird deine Bewertung hier erscheinen.