Our hut "Devovčeva bajta" is located at the Herders' settlement of the largest highland pasture in Slovenia - Velika planina in the center of Kamnik Savinja Alps, 30 km north of Slovenia's capital city Ljubljana, on the altitude 1544 m (5066 ft).
The Herders settlement is a fairytale like village where life is as it was hundred years ago. Simple huts offer basic shelter for herders and their cows. A unique arhitecture of the settlement and its mountain setting make it one of the biggest attractions in the Slovenian Alps.
Perfect for those who:
- would like to experience the simple life as it once was,
- love cows and mountain flowers,
- appreciate tradition and unique mountain architecture,
- would like to experience herders life in a mountain "village",
- like hiking and biking in the mountains.