This 2nd floor, 2 bedroom, 1 bath Kottage is located at our original W. Main St. location and sleeps up to 5 guest. Our Driftwood Kottage is a warm, loft style space with an inviting, open concept living room and kitchen making this space feel modern and spacious in the middle of a historic neighborhood.
This kottage is located on the 2nd floor of our original W. Main St. location, only 1/2 mile from the Downtown District and sleeps up to 5 guests. This warm, loft style space has an open concept living room and kitchen separated by a quaint, eat-in peninsula. Comfy furnishings include a lush sofa, 2 chairs and ottoman, electric fireplace, flat screen television w/ surround sound and many more comforts. Both spacious and restful bedrooms include 1 queen bed in each. 1 very comfortable, pull-out twin sleeper is available in one of the bedrooms. The spacious bathroom offers a tub/shower surround, granite counter/sink, lots of natural lighting, tall ceilings & windows, soft water and many convenient toiletries.
There is a fairly steep staircase leading to this kottage (think historic). However, it's well lit, safe and has a very sturdy hand rail and optional gate at the top.
Guests may enjoy breakfast from an assortment of pre-stocked breakfast goodies along with coffee and assorted teas each morning.
DIY Breakfast Combinations Include the following:
English Muffins, Cream Cheese, Bagels, Waffles, Eggs, Sausage Patties, Assorted Cereal, Organic Granola, Greek Yogurt, Almond Milk, Fruit Juice, Peanut Butter, Whole Bean Coffee (regular & decaf), Half & Half, Assorted Teas, Oatmeal, Farina, Muffin Mix, Real Maple Syrup & Cinnamon Rolls. Also included are a wide assortment of condiments and pantry staples for preparing meals.
Pets (1-2) are welcome for a fee of $15/pet/night. Please indicate if you wish to include a pet(s) during your reservation process so that I may either include that fee upfront in your quote or in the case of "Instant Book" or for guest who bring a pet without authorization, I will apply that fee on the back end of your reservation and airbnb will submit it to you, separately requesting payment for that application.
Zugang für Gäste
A few days prior to check-in, guests will receive detailed instructions including access codes allowing them to freely check themselves in. These instructions must be sent to guests personal email and not through airbnb as airbnb email is not compatible with my software.
Interaktion mit Gästen
I interact with guests on a case by case basis. Sometimes, I see guests often as they come and go and sometimes we miss each other altogether. I know that guests are not here to visit me, so I try and give them lots of privacy and freedom. However, I am a great resource and enjoy my interactions if guests need local direction.
PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR PERSONAL EMAIL ADDRESS. THIS WILL BE USED TO SEND CHECK-IN INSTRUCTIONS.
Smoking is prohibited indoors. If it is determined that smoking has occurred indoors during your stay, a $200 charge will apply to cover damages.
Smoking is allowed outdoors only. We ask that smokers please be courteous of other guests and be sure that smoke isn't able to pass through open windows into the kottages, that it isn't in a the presence of other guests who may be offended by the smell and is disposed of properly in receptacles.
1. Dogs with a tenancy to bark or anxieties are not permitted.
2. Only dogs under 50 pounds are allowed.
3. Only 1-2 pets allowed per kottage.
4. In consideration of other guests, barking is prohibited even in the case of the occasional barker, example: when a door is closed.
5. Pets must be leashed when out of the guest room.
6. Pets must be washed and on flea medication prior to arrival.
7. Extra charges apply; $15/night/pet for up to 2 pets.
8. Owners should bring their own pet bedding, dishes and food.
9. No pets permitted on the beds or furniture. Protective covers advisable, “just in case." Loaner bowls, beds and towels available.
10. Flower beds and ground cover are not to be used for dog "business".
Many attempts have been made to make all of Kara's Kottages child-friendly and safe for all of our guests, both inside and out. However, if we know that a small child will be present, we will
happily go the extra mile prior to their arrival to implement additional safety features such as baby gates and receptacle protection.
We ask that you exercise extreme caution while burning candles
• Do not bring your own candles to burn
• Candles provided are all soy based and healthy to burn
• Keep wicks trimmed so that the candle burns properly and safely
• Do not burn candles that are placed inside of a book shelf
• Do not burn candles while asleep
• Do not tip over candles while burning when wax has liquied
• Guest will be charged for any damages associated with candles
Out of consideration for other guests, we ask that the use of kottages is limited to outside guests.
• A maximum of 15 people is allowed in the two bedroom kottages at any given time
• A maximum of 8 people is allowed in the studio kottage at any given time
Parking lots, front and back entrances, outdoor patio and exterior lawn areas will be considered to be part of a quiet zone. Quiet, mindful and respectful behavior specifically before 8:00am and after 11pm is expected of all guests.
• Gatherings shall not take place outside on the porches that could disturb the neighbors after 11:00pm and before 8:00am
• Music and audio levels shall be respectful and mindful of other guests. Music should not be heard outside of any kottage or through open windows.
• The house only has 3 kottages in it, so I would strongly recommend a friendly and neighborly disposition with other guests if you wish to entertain outdoors.
A charming and inviting outdoor space is provided for all guest to share. Please be courteous of the shared part and invite other guests to enjoy along with you. The fire pit is just outside of the window of the Birch Bark Kottage.. Please be sure to respect the guests in that kottage by keeping voices low enough so that it isn't disruptive.
A parking lot along with an open garage is provided for all guests to share. There is no reserved parking, so feel free to park anywhere. Please be sure not to drive onto landscaped areas. Free and overnight parking is available in the courtyard on the west side of the house for possible overflow.
As die-hard stewards of the planet, we take great pride in our efforts to minimize our ecological footprint whenever possible. This includes such things as biodegradable cleaners, soy candles, compact florescent light bulbs (where we can), high efficiency appliances, aerated faucets, motion activated lighting, excessive laundering and recycling everything possible. In turn we ask that our guest recycle all possible paper, plastic, glass and aluminum in the baskets provided in the kitchens. We'll make sure that all recyclable trash doesn't end up in landfills!
We also request that guest be conscious of waste on the part of heating, cooling and electricity.
• Please turn down furnace when you're away for long periods. It heats up very quickly when it is turned back up. Also, please do not be excessive with temperatures.. It's just respectful on all levels.
Please, always close the windows when using heating or cooling.
Please do not leave lights on when you're away, during daylight hours (unless needed).
Safety against theft
Due to the fact that there isn't a 24/7 innkeeper at the house at all times and that it's located in a neighborhood with marginally high foot traffic, we ask our guest to be mindful of their possessions and the protection of the home.
Theft has never been an issue here and we would like to keep it that way. Your efforts include:
• Not leaving valuable items in plain sight inside of your vehicle and locking vehicles at all times.
• Closing doors behind you so that the house is locked at all times. Doors lock automatically.
• If you're in a 1st floor kottage, be sure that the safety latches are engaged if windows are slightly open and that windows are locked if they are closed.
• Not leaving valuable items out on the patio
DURING THE WARMER MONTHS, GUESTS USE AIR CONDITIONING FOR CLIMATE CONTROL. THIS IS FINE, HOWEVER MANY GUESTS DO SO WITH THE WINDOWS OPEN AT THE SAME TIME (RIDICULOUS, I KNOW). THIS HAPPENS A LOT AND HAS FOR MANY YEARS. THEREFORE, IN THE FUTURE, ANY GUESTS FOUND DOING THIS WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE PROMPTLY WITHOUT REFUND. PLEASE DO NOT BE THAT GUEST.. THANKS!
Dieser Gastgeber hat 206 Bewertungen für andere Unterkünfte.Andere Bewertungen ansehen
Kara is a Michigan native with an appreciation for nature, a passion for good design and a love for historic homes. She moved to Kalamazoo from the shores of Lake Michigan in 1990 to attend college. She remained in Kalamazoo because of it's youthful energy, amazing people and an up and coming direction which has since been realized. When she's not combing the earth for treasures to use in her sweet kottages and working on DIY projects, she's often found running, cross country skiing, biking, kayaking and traveling.