Dear Anwar, first of all I am very sorry for the incident that happened, because your child self-locked himself in the master bedroom.
Let me clarify the situation in more details, as your review 'about us' is emotionally focused only (since we opened a ticket and requested for damages to be compensated from your side) and it is not covering the truth.
REGARDING THE SITUATION:
- Upon check-in, you have inspected the apartment and accepted it very happily AS IT IS, and signed the reservation form which confirms your acceptance.
- After several hours, you called in panic and informed that your child got locked inside the master bedroom. According to your words, your child has self-locked himself inside the bedroom (which also means he is tall enough and already able to do similar things).
- Upon your FIRST call to us, our Guest Relations Officer arrived within 15 minutes (and not 1-hour) to your place, and also we urgently took action and informed building security to immediately go upstairs and be next to you to assist you before we reach.
- Upon reaching your place, we only found out that you completely damaged the master bedroom's door, by breaking it with fire extinguisher, without waiting for us to reach to you.
When you're travelling with small child, you should be triple careful and attentive. If you required key for the master bedroom's door from the beginning, we would have provided to you upon request, but you never requested for such. We could have provided to you also socket covers if you would request so. Similarly, if child is left unattended like it was in your case, he could have damaged himself being in any property in the world by placing something inside an electric socket or doing other childish step.
Note that, all furniture and electrics/appliances in the apartment are completely in accordance to DTCM standards, 100% identical to the pictures and 100% matching the description and details as publicly displayed on AirBNB, however monitoring your baby or making sure extra safety measurements are taken (and such actions are done in advance) are responsibilities of each child's parents first and not the host. Our property is a RESIDENTIAL APARTMENT IN A RESIDENTIAL BUILDING and not a hotel (or hotel operated) unit. That is clearly explained in description.
In your case:
(a) Leaving a child in another room, then
(b) allowing him enough time to close the door of that room without you noticing it, then
(c) allowing even more time for the child to figure out on how to twist the door lock and self-lock himself in the room is clear sign of your inattentiveness. Yet you decided that it is easier to blame the management company for your mistakes, which is completely unreasonable and unacceptable.
REGARDING SECURITY DEPOSIT:
Since this apartment is brand new and nicely furnished, we were collecting extra security deposit (and it was transparently and clearly mentioned in the description of the listing - visible for everyone). Today we have refunded the extra security deposit to you, and per AirBNB's procedure we've opened a claim for the damaged items. And yes, we
As the management company of this and other 50+properties, and having hosted over 1000+ guests already in Dubai, we have responsibilities which include:
- providing you the property as it is advertised with every single detail matching,
- providing it to you in clean and pleasant shape,
- providing it to you with all appliances working and functioning,
- checking you in and checking you out personally,
- explaining about the apartment, building, amenities and facilities,
- answering to all your calls, messages and requests when you need it.
From our side we did everything that we had to do with no single step missing or being done partially, however as tenant in any property, you also have obligations towards the property you're staying in, and that is to follow House Rules and be responsible for the damages you caused to the property. Accordingly we requested AirBNB to check the situation and the amount mentioned in the claim is not final, since you checked out today and we still do not have quotation from any supplier about the door repair or replacement. Once we receive a quote, it will be provided to you and to AirBNB and the amount would adjusted accordingly (yet again, now the amount in the claim is indicative only and can be wrong).
We hope that you will find courage to accept your mistakes, as when we do, we take full responsibility of ours.