Spacious 4 bed/2bath Chalet w/mountain view, fully stocked w/bedding, towels, toiletries, pantry items, CDs, books, board games & home office! Cable TV in bedrooms, Unlimited Wifi, Netflix & Apple TV in living, huge dining area for all to gather around & beautiful wood burning fireplace in living room w/distressed leather seating. Outdoors you'll find an 8 person outdoor dining area, 2 WEBER grills, an 8 person 50 jet hot tub, a fire pit with Big Daddy Adirondack recliners & a walking path too!
WELCOME HOME TO YOUR OASIS AWAY FROM IT ALL!
Le Chalet Montreuil is set up as a TRUE SECOND HOME FURNISHED with all that you need and want for the entire length of your stay. There is no reason to ever leave the COMFORTS & CONVENIENCES of the chalet, if you so desired to stay on the property with all of the MODERN AMENITIES & TECHNOLOGY you need indoors and all of the NATURE & WILDERNESS outdoors!
Le Chalet Montreuil is 2028SF on 2.2 acres, with the most beautiful SUNSHINE coming in all day from the crack of dawn until the last glow of sundown, from all 25 NEW WINDOWS AND DOORS from all directions; the wonderful MOUNTAIN BREEZE swirls through the chalet from every angle cooling it down in the hot summer nights and keeping it fresh and crisp in the winter months while you have a ROARING FIRE going.
It has 4 SPACIOUS BEDROOMS complete with BEDDING and each with its own CABLE TV, 2 FULL BATHROOMS with TOWELS & TOILETRIES, a FAMILY ROOM with a 60 inch TV, 2 GAMING CONSOLES and a plethora of BOARD GAMES as well as a FULLY EQUIPPED HOME OFFICE area & overflowing bookcase filled with BOOKS & CDs, a LAUNDRY ROOM with a full range of household products. An open country KITCHEN STOCKED from salt and pepper to pots and pans to a STARBUCKS ESPRESSO/CAPPUCCINO MACHINE, 2 toasters, 2 drip coffee makers, a MICROWAVE, DISHWASHER and even a WINE FRIDGE in a DINING AREA that seats 8 and a LIVING AREA with a WOOD BURNING FIREPLACE, a 42 inch FLAT SCREEN HDTV, Sony Blu Ray HOME THEATER system w/surround sound and iPod dock, Apple TV, UNLIMITED WIFI and a land line CABLE PHONE with unlimited North America and Puerto Rico calling, all while being enveloped by vaulted 18 FOOT KNOTTY PINE CATHEDRAL CEILINGS and 11 OVERSIZED WINDOWS facing east, south and west for a PANORAMIC VIEW of breathtaking WINDHAM MOUNTAIN, all day SUN and all night BREEZES. Plus there's an enormous south facing WOOD DECK in the back of the chalet that faces the sprawling Windham Mountain and has a very LARGE WOOD PATIO TABLE that seats 8, has both a WEBER GAS & WEBER CHARCOAL GRILL, an 8 SEATER HOT TUB WITH 50 JETS and FIRE PIT on the grounds below the deck with BIG DADDY ADIRONDACK RECLINING CHAIRS WITH OTTOMANS for relaxing by the fire or just plain enjoying the serenity, tranquility and the colorful birds and friendly animals that frequent our property!
Le Chalet Montreuil is conveniently set up for all of your needs & wants, truly as your home away from home.
Below is the Layout and Setup of the 2028 SF Le Chalet Montreuil, Room by Room Details Including Furnishings, Amenities and Features. Le Chalet Montreuil is conveniently set up for all of your needs & wants, truly as your home away from home.
On the first floor is the family room w/office area, a newly renovated full bathroom and 3 spacious bedrooms as well as a fully stocked laundry room w/space for storing your sporting equipment. The 2nd floor has the master bedroom with another full bathroom that is accessible from both the bedroom and the common areas, an open floor plan country kitchen with breakfast bar, dining area, living room and double patio door access to the enormous deck w/mountain views and access to over 2 acres of private grounds.
Front Porch and Grounds:
1 Hammock (except in winter)
2 Solid Wood Rocking Chairs
Firewood Rack w/Firewood
Family Room (can sleep 1-3):
Queen Sized Futon
Twin Size Mattress and Bedding
60 inch TV
Nintendo, PlayStation2, Board Games and Cards
Desk with Laptop, Scanner, Printer and Office Supplies
South Facing Window with Unobstructed Mountain View
Bird Seed, Emergency Candles and Flashlight, Step Ladder, Shovel, Child Safety Bed Rail & Child Safety Gate
BR2 The Elk Bedroom (sleeps 1-3):
1 Queen Sized Bed, 4 Queen Pillows and Bedding
1 Twin Sized Bed, Twin Sized Pillows and Bedding
1 Nightstand, 1 Tall Dresser w/Mirror, 1 Armoire and 1 Closet w/Hangers, Extra Queen and Twin Sized Bedding
1 Color TV with 71 Cable Channels
2 Windows; East & South Facing w/Partial Mountain View
1 Air Conditionner in Summer Months
BR3 The Bear Bedroom (sleeps 1-4):
1 Queen Size Bed, 4 Queen Sized Pillows and Bedding
1 Full Sized Bed, 4 Full Sized Pillows and Bedding
1 Nightstand, 1 Tall Dresser w/Mirror, 1 Armoire and 1 Closet w/Hangers, Extra Queen and Full Sized Bedding
1 Color TV with 71 Cable Channels
2 Windows; West & South Facing w/Partial Mountain View
BR4 The Bird Bedroom (sleeps 1-2):
King Sized Bedroom, 4 King Sized Pillows and Bedding
1 Nightstand, 1 Tall Dresser w/Mirror and 2 Closets w/Hangers and Extra King Sized Bedding
1 window; West Facing
Large Shower with Multiple Jets and Corner Seat
Double Sink with Granite Countertops and Double Mirror
Towels, Shampoo, Conditioner & Toiletries, Hair Dryer, Curling Iron, Flat Iron, Hair Brushes, Pharmacy Items and Foot Spa
1 Window; North Facing
Full Sized Top Loading Washer
Full Sized Top Loading Dryer
Laundry Detergent & Dryer Sheets
Iron & Ironing Board
Miscellaneous Household Cleaners & Cleaning Tools
Canister Vacuum Cleaner
1 Window; NorthEast Facing
MBR The Fox Room (sleeps 1-2):
Queen Sized Bed, 4 Queen Sized Pillows and Bedding
1 Large Dresser w/Mirror, 2 Nightstands and 1 Closet w/Extra Queen Sized Bedding
1 Color TV with 71 Cable Channels
2 windows; West and North Facing
1 Air Conditionner in Summer Months
Towels and Shampoo, Conditioner & Toiletries
Hair Dryer, Flat Iron & Hair Accessories
1 Window; North Facing
Full Sized Fridge with Ice Maker in Top Section Freezer
Electric Stove and Oven w/Ceramic Cooktop
2 x 2 Slice Toasters
2 x 12 Cup Drip Coffee Maker
1 x Starbucks Barista Espresso & Cappuccino Maker
1 x Bialetti Single Serve Stovetop Espresso Maker
Full Set of Dishes for 8-12 Settings
Utensils for 20+ Settings
Water & Juice Glasses, Mugs, Teacups and Wine Glasses
Pots,Pans, Metal & FrenchWhite Bakeware and Plasticware
Full Knife Set Block, Array of Cutting Knives and Boards
Serving Platters & Serving Utensils
Small Kitchen Hand Tools & Gadgets
Emergency Candles & Flashlight, Light Bulbs & Batteries
Dish Soap, Dishwashing Liquid, Plastic Wrap, Aluminum Foil. Napkins, Kitchen Towels, Bar Mop Towels, Broom, HandBroom & Dustpan
Pantry Stocked with Spices, Oils, Vinegars, Coffee & Tea
Fridge Stocked with Condiments
Breakfast Bar w/5 Stools
Wine Fridge w/48 Bottle Capacity
Barware and Champagne Buckets
Custom Made Solid Wood Dining Table
8 Pottery Barn Solid Wood Dining Chairs
5 windows; 3 East Facing, 2 South w/Full Mountain View
2 Bookcases w/CDs and Books
Distressed Leather Sofa, Love Seat, Chair & Ottoman
Wood Burning Fireplace
Sony Home Theater System w/3D Blu Ray, Surround Sound, Wireless Streaming, iPod Dock and More
42 inch Flat Screen HDTV
Land Line Cable Phone with Unlimited Calls within North America & Puerto Rico
Solid Cedar Wood Chest
4 Windows & Double Patio Door; 2 Windows West Facing, 3 Windows & Doors South Facing w/Full Mountain View
1 Air Conditionner in Summer Months
Back Deck and Grounds:
1 Square Eucalyptus Wood Outdoor Dining Table (except in winter)
4 Eucalyptus Outdoor Dining ArmChairs w/Cushions (except in winter)
3 Eucalyptus Outdoor Benches w/Cushions
1 WEBER Charcoal Grill
1 WEBER Gas Grill
1 8 Seat Hot Tub with 50 Jets
1 Firepit w/Firewood
4 Big Daddy Wood Adirondack Reclining Chairs w/Ottoman
2 Wood Adirondack Side Tables
1 Chalet Style Bird Feeder
1 Tubular Bird Feeder
The chalet is about a half hour off of the I-87. There's Trailway buses that come into town and you can cab it 10 minutes to the chalet or take the Amtrak to the Hudson station in Catskill and cab it 35 minutes. There is also local cab service if you want to head to town during your stay.
We are located 2.5 MILES FROM TOWN for RESTAURANTS, BARS, ANTIQUE SHOPS, ART GALLERIES, SHOPS and all AMENITIES. 4 miles from WINDHAM MOUNTAIN and 13 miles from HUNTER MOUNTAIN as well as 6 miles to ZOOM FLUME WATER PARK. Both Windham and Hunter Mountains have a full bursting calendar of events for both the summer and winter months! This is the perfect location for all indoor and outdoor activities that our unique area has to offer from art galleries and museums, antiquing, wine tastings and fine dining to horse back riding, fishing, camping, hiking, zip lining and white water rafting to snow tubing, snowboarding, skiing and much much more! All this is accessible to you just a hop, skip and a jump away!
Zugang für Gäste
Guests have access to entire chalet and 2.2 acres including a walking path at the back of the property.
Interaktion mit Gästen
Owner is in EST and readily accessible by text, email, or cell and responds almost immediately. Please reach out with any questions at any time of day during your stay if you should feel the need.
Weitere wichtige Infos
Early CheckIn or Late CheckOut available at an additional cost, please inquire when making a reservation request if option is available on your dates of travel.
Local events & holiday rates may not all be quoted above; final quote is given by owner not by site.
Holiday and Festival Weekends are at a 3 night minimum, all others are at a 2 night minimum.
Security Deposit is more for large groups and or week long stays or longer.
Prices are updated through 3/31/18
3 night minimum for holiday and festival weekends, all other times 2 night minimum.
Rental rules and guest agreement will need to be filled out, initialed, signed and returned with photo ID prior to access given to home or reservation will be cancelled at guest's expense and reservation will not be honored.
See below for Sample Guest Agreement with Rental Rules:
SHORT TERM GUEST/RENTAL AGREEMENT
This Short Term Guest/Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made by and between _Mr. and Mrs. Bobby & Angel Montreuil_ (“Homeowners”) & _John&JaneDoe_(“Guest(s)”) as of the date last set forth on the signature page of this Agreement. For good & valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
1. Property. The property is located at: _ 123456 at Any Old Street in Windham NY 12496__
2. The 4 bed/2 bath chalet is on 2.2 acres and is fully furnished & includes use of hot tub, bed linens, towels, firewood
for fireplace & fire pit, electricity, cable TV, Netflix, AppleTV & cable land line telephone calls within the US, PR & Canada, unlimited WiFi, as well as furnishings described in listing description such as but not limited to kitchen being fully stocked with dishes, utensils, pots and pans, spices & condiments, dish rags & towels as well as 2 outdoor WEBER grills; 1 charcoal & 1 gas (furnishings subject to change without notification). Snow plowing for driveway, shoveling of front porch, front path & path from patio door down to hot tub will be homeowner’s responsibility when snowfall is 5” or more. Shovels & salt/sand are provided for guests’ responsibility of snow removal during light snowfalls of less than 5” for the front porch, back deck & stairs to hot tub.
3. Rental Party: The rental party shall consist of named Guest & following persons: (Please list all guests’ full legal names) John&JaneDoe,__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
4. Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to_#_persons; _#__ adults, __#_child(ren) under 18. All guests must be 18 years of age or older unless accompanied by parent or legal guardian. If more than the above mentioned guests stay in home, the security deposit will be forfeited in full.. The _#__ adults and _#__ child(ren) permitted in this rental party are named above.
5. Term of the Lease. The lease begins on _Someday ##/##/## at #Time_ (the “Check-in Date and Time”) and ends on _Someday ##/##/## at #Time_(the “Check-out Date and Time”).
6. Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules attached as page 3 as an integral part of this agreement & shall cause all members of the rental party & anyone else Guest permits on the property with or without owners’ consent, to abide by the rental rules at all times or security deposit will be forfeited in full.
7. Access: Guest shall allow Homeowner or Homeowner’s agent access to the property for purposes of repair, inspection & any other reasonable request. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
8. Rental Rate & Fees: _$#### for stay + $### for early check in + $### for late check out + $175 house cleaning & hot tub service fee plus $#### REFUNDABLE Security Deposit if no damage & house rules are followed (+ any applicable service/booking fee paid to site used for booking/reservation)
GUEST’S INITIALS HERE OWNER’S INITIALS HERE ***Page 1 of 3
a. Deposit: Deposits & payments to homeowner are non refundable, without exception. Deposits &
payments to booking sites are paid to the site & refund policy for reservation & booking as well as booking fees are governed by site not by homeowner.
b. Rental Rate: Rates are subject to change without prior notification & are not guaranteed until payment is received & lease is signed by guest & fully executed by homeowner, not when reservation is made.
PLEASE NOTE* Guest has the choice to purchase rental insurance for their stay in addition to the required security deposit
paid to owner & assumes all responsibility for damage to the property or furnishings during stay. Anything that is not covered by the guest’s insurance, if any, will be charged to the guest & deducted from their security deposit & anything over & above that amount will be charged as an incidental charge on the guest’s credit card provided on this guest agreement;
i. dirt or other mess requiring excessive cleaning; or
ii. any other cost incurred by Homeowner due to Guests’ stay.
If the premises appear dirty or damaged upon Check-in, Guest shall inform Homeowner immediately in writing or will be held liable & be charged, no exceptions.
9. Cancellation Policy: No Refunds for cancellations made by guest after payment has been made. If owner cancels reservation for whatever reason, the total amount paid will be promptly refunded including booking fees if any.
10. Payment: Acceptable payment methods for booking are bank to bank (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN), Chase QuickPay, bank to bank wire, e- check, personal check, certified check, bank check, money order, credit card and/or debit check card. Personal checks are not accepted when a reservation is made 45 days or less before check in date.
Please enter a credit or check card number for incidentals regardless of security deposit given at time of booking/reservation; cardholder must be Guest named on agreement and the Guest who is signing this agreement:
Name on Card:____Jane Doe______________________________
Credit Card Type:___ Major Credit Card_______________________________
Credit Card Number:__ #### #### #### ####___________________ Expiration Date:___ ##/##___
Security Code:__ 3 digit code on back of card or 4 digits on front if Amex___
*Please note that this card will not be charged unless there is damage or missing items over and above the security deposit amount & is required for ALL reservations regardless of method of payment used for booking & regardless of amount of security deposit held at time of booking/reservation & booking/reservation will be cancelled at guest(s)’ expense & booking/ reservation will not be honored, as stated on listing.
By my signature below, I hereby agree that all monies are non-refundable per cancellation policy above and that any damage to the property & furnishings will be entirely my responsibility. The parties agree to the terms of this Short Term Guest/Rental Agreement, including attached Rental Rules, as evidenced by the signatures set forth below
Guest(s): Signature: ____ John&JaneDoe___________________
Name(s) (PRINT):__Angel Montreuil___________
Phone # (during stay):__###-###-####___________
Phone # (during stay):__ ###.###.####_____________
Page 2 of 3
1. Guest agreement needs to be filled out in its entirety including credit card info, initialed where indicated, signed & returned to owner with government issued photo ID for access to be granted or reservation will be cancelled at the guest’s expense, as stated on listing.
2. Smoking of any kind is absolutely not allowed including Vape and such anywhere in on or around, inside or outside of the property & security deposit will be forfeited if found otherwise, for deep cleaning fees of carpets, furniture & linens. No exceptions.
3. This is not a party house! People other than those in the Guest’s rental party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property or security deposit will be forfeited. Any person in or on property with or without the owners’ consent, is the sole responsibility of Guest & any incidentals caused by such people will be charged to the Guest.
4. Owners are not responsible for accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises nor the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest(s). By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm & or loss arising from their use of the premises & all others whom they invite to use the premises with or without the owners’ consent. Guest has option to purchase damage protection for guest(s)’ stay & assumes full liability if any damage occurs if insurance is declined & for anything not covered by insurance. Insurance is not in lieu of security deposit, it is in addition to.
5. Keep the property, all furnishings & appliances in good order & upon check out, the property should be left in same condition as at check in. If any damage is found at check in by guest, owner must be notified immediately in writing or guest will be held responsible. Only use appliances, big or small, for their intended uses & with adult supervision when children are in Guest’s rental party.
6. Pets are absolutely not permitted at any times, not by the Guest & rental party nor by any people visiting during the stay with or without owners’ consent & if found otherwise, security deposit will be forfeited for deep cleaning fees of carpets, furniture & linens.
7. Parking: Vehicles are to be parked in driveway. Parking on the grass or elsewhere is not permitted & guests will be charged for
landscaping & or repairs as necessary. Street parking is not allowed & all applicable laws will be enforced at the Guest’s expense.
8. Housekeeping & Garbage/Recycling: While linens & bath towels are included, daily maid service is not included. The one time fee for housekeeping is for vacuuming, cleaning the kitchen, cleaning 2 bathrooms, doing laundry of bed linens & bath towels used during stay & making beds that were used during stay; it does not cover doing guests’ dishes, bringing garbage & recyclables to transfer station or anything else not mentioned above. There is no trash or recycle pick up so please make sure to bring your garbage & recycling to the transfer station; it is 2-3 dollars per bag of garbage &there is no charge for the recycling.
9. Hot Tub: No alcohol allowed while in hot tub & no glassware permitted. Children are not permitted in hot tubs at any time without adult supervision. Pregnant women, people with high blood pressure or any medical condition should consult a physician prior to use. When using the hot tub, there is a certain health risk associated with this facility. Use at your own risk. Our servicemen will drain & or sanitize & or refill & or replenish chemicals in tub prior to your arrival as needed at the owner’s discretion; therefore it may not be warm until later that evening. Do not stand on hot tub cover! Hot tub covers are for insulation purposes and are not designed to support a person or persons. They will break & you will be charged for replacement. Remember when not using the hot tub, leave cover on so hot tub will stay warm. Guests are responsible for the care of the hot tub during their stay or will be charged for the repair or replacement of parts, service and or replacement of unit as needed. The one time service fee for hot tub is for weekly maintenance & does not include a drain, clean and fill for extra cleaning or for broken glass. Please lock straps when not in use.
10. Fireplace: Please make sure to open flue before starting fire & close when ashes are cool. Please use the fireplace ash trap to discard of cold ashes & do not discard in the garbage. Please use the firewood in the big wicker basket next to fireplace or the rack on front porch. Do not use firewood under the tarp by the fire pit outside in the back. Children are not permitted to use the fireplace at any time.
11. Water & Septic: The chalet is on a private well & septic. No grease such as from bacon or chemicals such as Draino to be put down drains. The septic system is very effective however it will clog up if improperly used. Do not flush anything other than toilet paper; no feminine products or flushable wipes should ever be flushed. If any foreign matter other than human waste & toilet paper gets flushed & clogs the septic system, guest will be charged for plumbing & septic pumping charges as well as any parts&damages of up to $5000.
12. Storms & Medical Emergencies: No refunds will be given for cancellations due to inclement weather, medical reasons or otherwise. The cancellation policy has no exceptions; no refunds after payment has been made.
13. Any keys not returned at time of checkout will be charged $150, as the locks will need to be changed for security reasons.
GUEST’S INITIALS HERE
OWNER’S INITIALS HERE
***Page 3 of 3
Owners were born and raised in the same town minutes away from each other with an overlapping circle of friends and although didn't know one another there, by ways of traveling the NorthEast for their individual jobs, met at work, got to know one another and fell in love in NYC. They've been inseparable since day one, got married some years later and decided that NYC was to be their home and made Windham their home away from home.
This chalet spoke to us the first time we visited it. It was one of the first places we looked at and always came back to it no matter how many we saw. We were looking for something specifically in Windham because of its proximity to the Manhattan, its breathtaking beauty and culture, for it to be close to town as well as to the mountain and we wanted a large enough chalet to have our many friends and very large extended family come over anytime and not feel cramped for space. We searched high and low and did a full circle and ended up purchasing the property that we wanted, almost a year to the date, after we saw it for the first time! The bonus was that it has a phenomenal view in all seasons!! We hope that you appreciate the reasons why we chose this chalet over the many others in the area!
The uniqueness of this chalet is that it's an 'upside down' house meaning the living space is upstairs and the bedrooms are downstairs. So the beautiful views of nature and the mountain can be appreciated all the more because we spend most of our waking hours in the living room, the kitchen and the dining areas or deck so it's a perfect way to always have the outdoors with you even when you are indoors! We hope you love this as much as we do!