1. The Tenant shall allow the Landlord or his agent access to the Premises at all reasonable times with prior appointment with the Tenant, to inspect the Premises or to carry out any work that may be required to be done or are deemed to be necessary in order to keep the property fixtures and fittings in good order and conditions.
2. The Tenant undertakes to maintain the Premises and to return same in a clean and neat condition at the expiration of this Property Rental Agreement. The Tenant will be liable to promptly attend to any repair that may be necessary and in general attend to the upkeep and maintenance of the Premises, alternatively to reimburse the Landlord for the cost of replacing or repairing any breakages or defects. The parties also agree that the Landlord or his authorized agent may at anytime with prior appointment with the Tenant inspect the Premises and point out any aspect that need attention whereupon the Tenant shall be obliged to attend. A failure to comply will constitute a breach of contract in terms of this agreement.
3. The Tenant shall use and operate all electrical and plumbing fixtures properly.
4. The Tenant shall not remodel or make any structural changes to the Premises, nor shall the Tenant deface, mark, paint or drive nails, hooks or screws into any doors, walls, ceilings or floors, nor shall the Tenant attach or remove any fixtures or locks without the Landlord's prior written permission.
5. No pets are allowed in the property.
6. No smoking inside the Villa. Smoking is permitted outside of the Villa.
7. The Tenant agrees to use the Premises solely as a private dwelling for the Tenant and additional members of the Tenant's household as identified in this Property Rental Agreement and not permit use of the Premises for any other purposes other than as a private dwelling.
8. The Tenant shall not, without the Landlord's written consent, which consent will not be unreasonably withheld:
a. Cede, assign, transfer, alienate, burden any of its rights or delegate any of its obligations under this Agreement.
b. Surrender occupation or possession of the Premises or permit any person whether as licensee, subtenant, agent, occupier, custodian to take possession or occupation of the Premises.
9. The Tenant shall not provide accommodations for boarders or lodgers.
10. The Tenant may have temporary visitors. The same visitor may not stay overnight without written permission from the Landlord.
11. The Tenant shall conduct himself/herself and require persons on the premises with his/her consent to conduct themselves in a manner that will not contravene any law, bylaw, ordinance or regulation applicable in respect of the Premises nor cause or permit any nuisance.
12. The Tenant shall allow the Landlord or his agent and/or any prospective Tenant or Purchaser to view the exterior and interior of the Premises during reasonable hours, provided a prior appointment to do so has been made with the Tenant.
13. The tenant agrees that any violation of the law regarding illegal drug use will be grounds for immediate termination of this rental agreement, after the landlord has filed a police report in this regard.