A private room for two in a new apartment. Access to a large bathroom, separate WC, kitchen, living room, balcony and rentable bikes. Metro, trams, buses and food markets only 5 min walk away - convenient from airport. Max 2 guests/booking thank you.
The small room with plenty of natural light sleeps two people on two separate single beds (a bunk bed). The newly built apartment (completed in 2011) has a cozy living room with a flat screen TV, an eating space and a modern kitchen, all decorated in a fusion of Asian and Finnish style. Next to the eating space is our spacious balcony where guests can enjoy the sunshine and plants during summertime.
Zugang für Gäste
Guests will have private access to the bedroom with a bunk bed, a clothes hanger and shelf. There is a shared small toilet and a bathroom with a shower and (for small extra charge) sauna. The modern kitchen, equipped with dishes, cookware and utensils can be used for cooking and eating. We also have two bikes available for the guests at a negotiable rent rate.
Interaktion mit Gästen
We spend most of our free time at home working on individual projects so we will be available and happy to answer any questions and give tips on Helsinki. We are also open to having meals together, if the guests so wish but will also respect their privacy.
Weitere wichtige Infos
It is only 10 minutes on foot to Sörnäinen, where many food markets located. And it takes 10 minutes to the sea and Kalasatama's Metro station. Our apartment also next to Suvilahti, where is well known with Flow summer music festival.
1. No smoking allowed in the whole apartment, including the guest’s room and the balcony.
2. The guest is responsible for his/her belongings and valuables during the stay.
3. Please observe quiet hours between 10 PM and 7 AM.
4. Upon leaving the apartment, please ensure that the doors (front door and balcony door) are locked tightly.
5. Upon entering the apartment, please leave your outdoor shoes in the lobby. You can borrow a pair of woolen socks (Finnish tradition) or indoors slippers from us for use inside the apartment.
6. Moderate beverage consumption is allowed (e.g. a glass of wine or beer) but excessive drinking, using drugs and other illegal or otherwise rude behavior is strictly prohibited.
7. Any damage to our property (in the shared areas, the toiler or the guest’s room) will be deducted from the security deposit or according to its value.
8. Loss of keys or any other borrowed property (e.g. travel card) will be deducted from the security deposit.
The guest’s room
1. We will take care of cleaning (vacuuming, etc.) the shared areas. However, the guest is responsible for cleaning his/her room and the private toilet during the stay.
2. We will not be entering the guest’s private areas at all during the stay.
3. You will have the bunk bed, a drawer, a shelf and a clothes hanger available for use. Please do not touch the big wardrobe also inside your room.
Visitors of the guest
1. No overnight visitors allowed.
2. If you are to bring a visitor over during other times and spend time in the shared areas of the apartment, please be considerate towards others. Guests are responsible for the conduct of their visitors.
3. No parties or big gatherings allowed. Maximum number of visitors at one time is two.
Shared areas (living room, kitchen, eating space, bathroom, balcony)
1. Please be considerate towards others while in the shared areas. We sometimes do translating work in the living room so making excessive noise should be avoided (watching TV etc. does not count).
2. Please ensure that you clean up after yourself in the shared areas, especially the shower and if you cook or use any of the kitchen utensils, dishes, glasses, etc. and return them to their original place.
3. No eating (except small snacks) in the guest’s room. You should rather use the designated eating space for it.
4. You can use the fridge (and freezer) to store your food but they need to be kept tidy. Any leftovers should be put into tupperware (provided) or in dishes covered with plastic wrap.
5. Please do not touch any of our stuff (books, open drawers, etc.) without asking for permission first.
We charge an extra fee of 10€ for check-in after 10 PM.
We are a translator, writer, linguist and librarian couple so our hobbies naturally include reading and watching movies as well as football. Additionally, we also enjoy cooking and gardening and during the summers my balcony turns into a cozy little greenhouse for vegetables with space to sit down and relax.
We have long experience in hosting friends visiting Helsinki and so will be able to give you tips on the best places to go and see. If you are looking for a homey place with a warm atmosphere to stay, ours will be the perfect choice for you!