Family house outside the centre of Utrecht, close to train station Utrecht-Lunetten (5 minutes to Utrecht Central Station), bus transport and main roads. Parking place in front of the house. Quiet road, 2 minutes walk from two supermarkets. Free internet.
My house is a very good place for international (English or French speaking) guests, who come to Utrecht for work, study or seminar. The basic needs are available. The house and area are quiet.
Zugang für Gäste
Guests can use the kitchen and bathroom, 2 toilets available. There is a nice garden with furniture, which can be used until 9 o'clock at night.
Interaktion mit Gästen
There is little interaction. I'm away from home a lot as I'm a working as a consultant. Two of my sons live elsewhere. My youngest son, 25 years old, student, is living here as well. He's quiet and away from home a lot.
Weitere wichtige Infos
Free use of card for public transport by bus.
Use of garden until 9 o'clock PM.
Arrival between 6 and 8 PM.
Departure before 12 AM.
You can ask me advice on places and activities to visit. Here's a list of some tourist information.
What to do when you are here?
2 supermarkets are nearby: Hoogvliet (cheaper) and Albert Heijn (more common). Open 7 days per week.
You can also buy books and news papers, Dutch cheese, a wide variety of bread and biological products, cremes/shampoo etc in the shopping centre.
If you want, you can also go to the market on Saturday, wich is located in the centre of Utrecht.
I usually cook at home in the evening. When you type 'restaurant' in (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) maps, you can see that there are a lot of places to eat out. 3 restaurants are nearby. If you want to eat at home, you can always check: (URL HIDDEN) or (URL HIDDEN) (my postal code is 3524 TA).
In town, centre or Tolsteeg (centre-south).
If you like music, you can go to (URL HIDDEN) . Especially on Saturday, when there is live music. If you like to experience the students night out, you should go there on Thursday.
If you like beer, you should definitely go to Café Belgie, where you can choose over more then 100 differt types of beer. You also find a lot of foreigners/expats there.
For dancing, check (URL HIDDEN) or (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN): World dance Utrecht (Fridays), Berenkuil Utrecht (some Saturdays).
Many people enjoy visiting Stairway to Heaven. In this Rock Café, they always play good music and it has a very special atmosphere. Great artists have performed there in the past. Close to the stairway there are also a lot of bars etc. (URL HIDDEN) This place is also great on a thursday night (students night).
If you like Salsa and spanish influences (you can also eat tapa’s here) you should go to Café Maria. (URL HIDDEN)
If you like doing sports, I have the following tips for you.
Take a Kano tour through the city (you can also do this at night). Takes about 3 hours and costs around 10/20 euro. But definitly a great way to see the city and a great experience.
If you are in for a lazy walk, you can just go to the parks in Lunetten. At 15 minutes distance (by foot) you can enter Amelisweerd, a lovely forest with some restaurants and a museum.
Historical / Cultural
If you want to drink a coffee and enjoy a nice view, go to the shopping mall V&D and go all the way to the top floor. There you have a cafe with the best view in town. The cafe is open until 7 PM and until 9 PM on Thursday (shopping night).
You can find the entrance by going to the street called Vredenburg and walk in to the high shopping mall over there. Or just ask people.
Going to Amsterdam is easy by train, it takes just 25 minutes and your are in Amsterdam CS. Train goes every 15 minutes (or more).
Utrecht Free Tour
Every Saturday there is a very nice free tour through Utrecht. People meet at 12 AM at the Dom tower (in the centre). The group leader wears a red T shirt. The tour takes around 3 hours. You can also climb the tower of the Dom and have a nice view over Utrecht.
My Air BNB House rules
1. YOU ARE WELCOME in my house and you can use the facilities. Please don't touch my personal belongings.
2. If there is anything to further discuss, then send me an email.
3. You can use the coffee and tea in the kitchen. Food you can buy at the supermarket, which you find at 2 minutes walk.
4. IMPORTANT: When cooking, dont leave the electricity on. There is a water cooker too, which you can use. Also a microwave oven.
5. You can use wireless internet for free. If you come, I'll give you the password.
6. Using the freezer, upper part of the fridge: close the door with the extra piece of carton.
7. Me and my neighbours appreciate our tranquility. Do not disturb at night. Stay inside the house after 9 PM and be quiet inside the house after 11 PM.
8. My house is not a cafe. Bringing a group of guests is not allowed.
9. For 5 euro per turn you can use the washing machine. Discuss first when and how to use it. Be aware that one washing run can take up to two hours. And don’t forget to hang up and dry the clothes. If you want to use the dryer it's going to cost another 5 euro.
10. Smoking inside the house is not allowed. Smokers can go outside, in the garden.
11. Pets are not allowed.
WISHING YOU A PLEASANT STAY!