Über dieses Inserat
Quaint Victorian 1-BR on a quiet Lower Haight side street in the middle of the middle of San Francisco. Classic, cozy retreat with modern amenities, nestled into a mix of trendy restaurants, ballrooms, & dive bars, near myriad public transit options.
780 sq. foot 1-BR flat on the first floor of a 2-unit building. Total of 5 rooms + entry hallway. Charming period detail inside and out, pine wood floors, and modern amenities including 47" TV/Cable/Blu-ray with surround sound. Easy entry off a quiet side street straddling Lower Haight and Hayes Valley, right in the heart of the city.
A couple initial comments and requests:
- This is my home, I only rent it for a few weekends every year, so you may find my booking practices more cautious and deliberate than others.
- If you're interested in booking, please send me a personal message rather than a booking request - this allows us to chat about house rules and timing without having my listing disappear from the site.
- I hate to discourage new users from experimenting with Airbnb, but I typically won't rent to anyone who doesn't have a few prior references and reviews within Airbnb already (though we've gotten around this in the past via social networking).
- front entry hallway (the "map room")
- living room with 47 inch TV, surround sound stereo, and couches (one which folds out into a queen-sized sofa bed); the living room seals off and can be converted into a private "common space" bedroom
- dining room with large dining table and desk
- galley kitchen with dishwasher, stove/oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, coffeemaker, toaster oven, and plenty of dishes/utensils
- bedroom with queen bed, nightstands, and doorway connecting to bathroom
- full bathroom accessible thru both the kitchen and the bedroom
Official SF short-term rental compliance info: SAN FRANCISCO SHORT-TERM RESIDENTIAL RENTAL REGISTRATION NUMBER: [see Permit / Tax ID field at end of "Other things to note" - Airbnb site masks the number]
"Possession of a San Francisco Short-Term Rental Registration Certificate certifies that the registration certificate holder has agreed to comply with the terms of the San Francisco Short-Term Rental Ordinance (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 41A). This ordinance does not require an inspection of the unit by the City for potential Building, Housing, Fire, or other Code violations."
Zugang für Gäste
You'll have the place entirely to yourself, I won't be around. But I do reside there, so while you can expect it to be nice and clean, don't expect the shelves to be bare :)
You will have "emergency access" to the common backyard/basement area (just concrete hallways and laundry machines) due to fire codes. However I will ask you not to go back there out of respect for neighbors' privacy.
Interaktion mit Gästen
If it works out that I can meet you initially that would be great, but not required. Most likely we'll coordinate over email in advance, then I'll be available via phone or email for any issues or concerns. A neighborhood contact will be available to assist you if something urgent comes up, or to check in if I get any complaints from neighbors.
Weitere wichtige Infos
The house has an alarm system that is probably overkill considering there's very little crime in the neighborhood any more, but I do have a big unprotected street level window and always keep the alarm engaged when no one is home. I wouldn't be concerned about having it on when you're at the house, it's really just there to secure that front window when no one is home for extended periods of time. STR-0001028
A downside to the classic feel of the home is the antiquated sound insulation. I have one lovely upstairs neighbor (no downstairs neighbor) who is generally very quiet, and she expects the same courtesy from me and my guests. In short, while I sometimes wish I could blare my music and sing at the top of my lungs, this home is really a cozy, vintage urban retreat and not a party house (if it were, *I* would party in it - and I don't).
No cigarette smoking in the house or on the front stoop, please use the curb across the street.
Wenn du bis 5 Tage vor deiner Reise stornierst, erhältst du eine vollständige Rückerstattung. Wenn du innerhalb von 5 Tagen vor deiner Reise stornierst, ist die erste Nacht nicht erstattungsfähig, aber die Hälfte der Kosten für die übrigen Nächte wird zurückerstattet.
Software engineer, musician-tinkerer, map-lover, outdoor enthusiast, international soccer fanatic, music festival-hopper, and intrepid explorer. Originally from upstate NY and Boston, I moved to SF 17 years ago after college in Houston TX and haven't looked back. San Francisco's combination of historical charms, creative energy, sassy attitude, and innovative spirit has completely won me over, and I'm all about introducing new people to this amazing city.