Since 2010 I've opened my Upper West Side home and guest bedroom with private bath and breakfast to visitors from the USA & 30 countries! I'm a 5th generation New Yorker and host-in-residence, on hand to help make your visit a success. Interested? BEFORE BOOKING: Write me a short note telling me about you & your travel partner - where you're from, your work, reasons for visiting New York - & don't forget a photo! You're a guest in my home, so I like us to get to know each other before booking.
My smoke-free flat is on the 2nd floor of a secure, well-maintained elevator building. You receive keys to the building and apartment, to come and go as you please. Your bedroom is situated away from my living space, for maximum privacy. (No views.) Your room is 10' x 10' (3m x 3m) and has a BRAND-NEW QUEEN SIZE BED (the antique bed in the photos has been replaced) and deluxe firm mattress, dresser, nightstands, closet, and small refrigerator. Electric kettle on request. The truly PRIVATE ENSUITE BATHROOM has a shower and fluffy new towels, shampoo, gel, and lotion. Air-conditioned and spotlessly clean. Wifi, of course!
Zugang für Gäste
Guests have a sitting area outside the bedroom with soft chairs and maps, guides, and books. In the morning I welcome you into my sunny dining room for breakfast.
No kitchen or family room access.
No phone or computer available. Please bring your own phone, tablet, laptop for use with our free Wi-fi.
Interaktion mit Gästen
Every morning, I'll serve you a tasty Continental breakfast: coffee or tea, fresh-squeezed orange juice, yogurt and fresh cut fruit, and a basket of croissants and New York bagels. (Please ask us about your dietary needs BEFORE you book.) Breakfast is an ideal time to ask questions of a true Native New Yorker and share suggestions for the day's sightseeing. I live in the apartment and am available by texting or a knock on the door. You have as much privacy as you prefer.
Weitere wichtige Infos
1) "Light" housekeeping provided. Each day I'll straighten your bed, empty the trash bin, and check supplies. I'll freshen your towels regularly and on long stays I'll clean the room and change bed linens.
2) There is an elevator, but you must climb 6 steps to enter our building.
3) We are a smoke-free house.
4) We have no pets.
1) I prefer to set a definite breakfast time of 8:30 or 9:00 am, because I prepare everything fresh, just for you.
2) Your room will be ready after 3:00pm, but you must tell me your preferred arrival time before you book, so that I keep my schedule open.
3) Checkout is 10:00am. If you'd like a different check-in time, or to leave your luggage here until a late departing flight, ask me BEFORE you book. International arrival: Estimate two+ hours for Immigration, Baggage Claim, and travel from the airport to my home.
4) When you check in, I photocopy each guest's passport or US driver's license.
5) BEFORE you book, please ask if I can accommodate food allergies or other special needs .
6) No use of kitchen.
7) There is one queen-size bed in the room for two people to share. We cannot add a cot or air-mattress.
8) If you like to party, this accommodation isn't for you; please try to return at a reasonable hour so as not to disturb the neighbors.
I'm a native New Yorker, a mature "empty nester" who loves to travel, explore, and connect with people from all over the world. I am a "host in residence," living in the apartment at all times, on hand to share my knowledge of New York City -- my very special home town. Many of my guests are women, who appreciate the combination of privacy, safety, and comfort of my home-away-from-home.