A large converted art loft studio with an open living space (675 square feet), vaulted wood ceilings, draped skylights, a new bathroom and a mini kitchen. Paint splattered floors contrast with modern furnishings.
A project space which takes the format of a beach-side vacation as its overt, permanent backdrop. Originally a painter’s studio, then a vacation rental, now The Air Inn Venice, it uses multi-functional architecture and interior design as a way to rethink divisions between producer, product, spectator, and participant. Exhibition space, domestic idyll, stage set, office, discussion platform, business, curatorial frame, and leisure retreat, become entangled and held up for scrutiny through guests’ interventions and contributions. With a nod to art’s pre-modern uses, the autonomous, privileged position of the spectator melts in the LA sunshine.
This is a large converted art studio with an open living space (675 square feet), vaulted wood ceilings, draped skylights, a new bathroom and a mini kitchen with a new Fisher Paykel stainless steel refrigerator, a combination microwave/convection oven, and a stainless steel hot plate. Originally an art studio, it has been converted to a spacious living loft. Paint splattered floors contrast with modern furnishings; a comfy queen bed with fluffy down bedding, a modular couch that can be put together to sleep 1-2 more. There's a 32 inch Sony plasma flat panel HDTV, lots of books and magazines, and a stereo. Sleeps up to 4 (more than two guests on aerobeds or the couch at and additional $35 per person per night.)
Cleaning fee: $90
Refundable security deposit: $750
Ask about REDUCED rates for longer stays.
ABOUT THE PROPERTY
This posting is the detached loft/guesthouse. There is also a 3 bedroom main residence –please see my other listing for pictures. You can rent either one...or you can rent both houses together, or 2 bedrooms/1 bath in the main house. The pictures in this ad are only of the guesthouse, please see my other listings for pictures of the main house:
It's in a great location just east of Abbot Kinney, on one of the prettiest streets in Venice. It's a 15-20 minute delightful stroll through the scenic canals to the beach, and it's within walking distance to shops and fine dining.
THE 2 or 3 BEDROOM MAIN RESIDENCE
This beautiful architectural 2 story residence has 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. There's a grand open upstairs living area with vaulted wood ceilings and large skylights, with views of palms and giant birds of paradise. The living area has a fully equipped kitchen, a large alfresco dining deck with a BBQ, a balcony, a cozy fireplace TV area, and an indoor dining area with a large antique wooden dining table. Each bedroom sleeps two. There's a trundlebed in the living area that sleeps two more. Sleeps 8 ...or more on aerobeds or on the foam mattress. (There's a $35 per person per night for more than 6 guests.) The home can be partitioned off so you can rent the 2 bedroom/ 1 bath area for a lower rate, if you don't need as much space.
All bedrooms have TVs, wireless internet, and cable. All linens and towels, beach towels and taxes are included. There's free street parking for 1 car, more free parking about 1/2 block away on Abbott Kinney, and there may be an additional space available in the alley for a small car.
The pictures in this listing are only of the guesthouse, please see my other listing for pictures of the main house:
OFF SEASON (October 1 through April 30):
Guest House/1 bath $975 week (daily rate $155, monthly $3450)
2 Bedroom/1 bath $1860 week (daily rate $285)
3 Bedroom/2 bath $2280 week (daily rate $335)
PEAK SEASON (May 1 through September 30, and Holidays):
Guesthouse/1 bath $1150 week (daily rate $185)
2 Bedroom/1 bath $2680 week (daily rate $415)
3 Bedroom/2 bath $2900 week (daily rate $440)
Non-refundable Cleaning Fees:
2 bedrooms in the Main Residence: $160
Main Residence: $190
$50 per person per night for more than 6 in the main house and more than 4 in the guest house.
14% local tax will be added to rent and cleaning.
Check in: 4 pm
Check out: 11 am
We may be able to accommodate early check ins or late check outs. Please inquire.
Take Bus 3 from LAX to Venice, Santa Monica and Westwood. About 15 minutes to LAX!
Zugang für Gäste
The yard, 2 bikes, boogie boards, a BBQ (in the back patio) and all of Venice just outside...
Interaktion mit Gästen
I'm sometimes off site, but you can always call or email and my housekeepers can help if there is anything needed.
Weitere wichtige Infos
There is a queen aerobed that sleeps 2 more, and the modular couch can be arranged to sleep one or two more.
No smoking. No pets, except seeing eye dogs. No parties. Be considerate of neighbors.
Rule #1: Enjoy yourselves
In accordance with this rental agreement, the RESIDENT agrees to the following conditions:
In accordance with this rental agreement, the RESIDENT agrees to the following conditions:
1. The RESIDENT agrees there will be NO SMOKING on the premises. If there is any smoking damage, including odors, or cigarette butts left anywhere on the premises or street, or if the neighbors are disturbed RESIDENT risks losing some or all of his/her deposit.
2. The RESIDENT agrees to maintain the PREMISES in a clean, orderly, and lawful manner.
3. Upon vacating the PREMISES, the RESIDENT agrees to leave the PREMISES clean and as upon arrival, with the exception of leaving used towels and linens on the floor.
4. The RESIDENT agrees to use their best effort to turn off the lights and appliances when not in use.
5. The RESIDENT agrees to vacate the PREMISES by 11 AM on the check out day. RESIDENT continue to occupy the PREMISES after this time without written approval of the OWNER or HIS MANAGER, RESIDENT agrees to pay additional rent at the rate of TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS ($200.00) PER HOUR FOR EACH HOUR THE RESIDENT CONTINUES TO OCCUPY THE PREMISES BEYOND THE ABOVE VACATE TIME AND DATE. Should it be necessary to legally evict the RESIDENT, the RESIDENT agrees to pay all costs related to the eviction in addition to the above hourly rent.
6. NO PARTIES ALLOWED. The RESIDENT agrees to occupy the premises in quiet consideration of the neighbors, who live there and are not on vacation, and in particular refrain from loud sounds, such as high volume of entertainment equipment, loud voices, and noise, to be quiet after 9 pm on school nights and to be quiet after 10 pm on weekend nights, to keep the balcony and side windows closed, if loud at any time. RESIDENT agrees to be especially quiet on the front deck as it is close to the neighbors’ bedrooms. RESIDENT agrees to keep surrounding areas clean. No fireworks, no loitering in the street, no leaving garbage of any kind in the street, including cigarette butts, bottles or cans. If neighbors are disturbed, OWNER or HIS MANAGER reserves the right to eviction with no refund and RESIDENT risks losing some or all of his/her deposit.
7. The RESIDENT agrees to make no alteration to the PREMISES without the OWNER’S written permission.
8. The RESIDENT agrees to pay the full cost to repair any damage caused by the RESIDENT and his or her family and guests.
9.The RESIDENT agrees to pay the replacement cost equal to the retail value of any missing household items, including linens, cookware, furniture, and audio-video equipment.
10. The RESIDENT agrees not to keep any animals on the PREMISES without written approval of the OWNER OR HER MANAGER.
11. The RESIDENT agrees not to sublet any portion of the PREMISES.
12. The RESIDENT agrees that the number of people occupying the residence shall not exceed 6.
13. The OWNER or HIS MANAGER shall have the right to enter and inspect the PREMISES at any time if they suspect an emergency. Otherwise, 24 hour notice will be given.
14. The OWNER is not responsible for any accidents, injury or death resulting from use of the provided bicycles and RESIDENT(s) agree to use bicycles entirely at his or her own risk.
15. The OWNER is are not responsible for any illness or accidents of any kind that occur during the stay anywhere on the property of the above address.
16. The OWNER or HIS MANAGER shall have the right to enter and inspect the PREMISES at any time if they suspect an emergency. Otherwise, 24 hour notice will be given to show it.
17. The RESIDENT agrees to clean all dishes (OK to leave in dishwasher).
18. All utilities, cable and wireless internet are paid by the OWNER, unless otherwise agreed.
19. The RESIDENT agrees to park in consideration of neighbors and not to block their driveways and park close enough to the curb as not to block the one way street. RESIDENT agrees not to park more than one car on Angelus Place. (There are other streets nearby, such as Abott Kinney, just 1/2 block away that has more free parking and there may be an additional available space in the back for a small car.
20. The OWNER is not liable for the RESIDENT’S personal property.
Dieser Gastgeber hat 147 Bewertungen für andere Unterkünfte.Andere Bewertungen ansehen
A little about us; we are all artists and I have a vacation rental that I’ve been running since 2007, so I’ll take good care of your place! Here are some of my listings:
VENICE GARDEN GUEST ROOM:
ART LOFT GUEST HOUSE:
Jane van Tamelen