Bright, large dbl room with a very high ceiling in a great and quiet location in the heart of Central London. Dbl bed with a dbl sofa bed (can cater for 4 persons). Large cupboard to store luggage. Walking distance to Oxford St, Leicester Sq, Piccadilly Circus. 6 mins from Russell Square (British Museum) and 10 mins from King's Cross. Cafes, shops and supermarkets (24hrs) are 5 mins away.
PLEASE MESSAGE ME FIRST and WAIT for a reply. Go 2 host profile and click "Contact Host". Thank you :-)
**** PLEASE MESSAGE ME FIRST **** and please WAIT for a reply before making a booking (sorry for repeating this but I still get people booking) ****
*** NO cleaning fee charged / NO deposit taken ***
*** A booking you can trust - I've NEVER once cancelled a booking ***
*** You are renting JUST the room and NOT the whole apartment ***
*** Guests who book will be sharing the kitchen and bathroom with just MYSELF. Please note there is also NO living room / communal room - just the 2 rooms ***
*** 15 minute walk to the Eurostar ***
• Getting to me:
From Gatwick - Take a train to King's Cross - 30 mins and is relatively cheap. Use the train company "First Capital Connect". From King's Cross I am a simple 10 - 15 min walk. You can also take a coach to Victoria and from there you would need to take the no 38 bus.
From Heathrow - Take the underground / subway / metro to Russell Square. It is approximately 1hr with no changes and I am then a 5-6 min walk.
From Stansted - Take the train to Liverpool Street and then the underground to a) Chancery Lane or b) King's Cross. From both stations it is a simple 10-15 min walk
• Your Room
Large Double room in Russell Square, Bloomsbury, Zone 1, Central London (Non-smoking).
Just to note - the address at the top of the profile says Camden Town. I am in the borough of Camden but the edge. So I am closer to Russell Square Station (6 mins) than Camden Town itself (would take 30-40 mins walk to get to - quick by bus or tube).
Price is £45 for one and £20 per person after that. Bookings just for the one night will be an extra £5.
The room can accommodate 4 people if required as there is a very comfy sofa bed that can be pulled out.
Russell Square is a very safe area so it is ok to walk around in the evening.
This area is famous for writers and my street is also the same street where Charles Dickens lived (it is now a museum).
• What you get if you stay
- Double bed with bedding (4 pillows if 2 persons stay)
- Desk, chair, sofa bed, lamp
- WiFi Internet
- Large built in cupboard for storage
- Large Georgian Windows with a high ceiling
- Towels are provided on request
- Hair Dryer
- Use of the kitchen with all mod cons i.e microwave, washing machine (for stays over 5 days) etc
- Shower (shared with just myself)
- Space in the fridge
- Space in a cupboard for groceries (fi the stay is long)
- Set of keys
Breakfast is self service and provided is coffee, tea, milk, bread, butter, jam and a variety of cereals
• Checking in / checking out
Check in 2pm or after & check out is12pm
If you arrive early, and i have a guest here already, then you may be able to drop your luggage off, pick up the keys and come back later etc.
• Location / Public Transport
The flat is in a great location and I very rarely use public transport. However it is...
- 1 minute walk to Charles Dickens Museum,
- 5 minutes walk away to Russell Square Station(Zone 1),
- 5 minutes walk away to the Brunswick Shopping Centre (plenty of shops / restaurants / coffee shops),
- 10 minutes walk to EuroStar terminal at Kings Cross, St Pancras,
- 10 minutes walk to British Museum,
- 15 minutes walk to Holborn,
- 15 minutes walk to Angel / Islington (hip area),
- 20 minutes walk to Covent Garden,
- 20 minutes walk to Oxford Street,
- 25 minutes walk to Leicester Square,
- 30 minutes walk to Piccadilly Circus
- 1 hour Heathrow Airport - Russell Square is a direct line (Piccadilly Line) with no changes and takes just under 1 hour.
• Local Area (please take a look at the GUIDEBOOK link above)
- Russell Square has many pubs, restaurants and some tucked away. Lamb Conduit street which is a 2 minute walk has a few very popular restaurants and pubs.
- 100 yards down from Russell Square station is The Brunswick Shopping Centre. There you will find cafes, restaurants, clothes shops and a supermarket.
- Right opposite Russell square station is mini supermarket chain called Tesco. This is open 24 hours so if you do come back later after a night out you can always grab something to eat there.
I would just politely ask all potential guests to please remember this is my home so respect for my property is greatly appreciated. I have had a fantastic time hosting people but I have suffered some damage / incidents along the way.
As all of what I list below has happened I just feel it is best to be upfront. So if you stay I would just appreciate:
- That shoes are taken off before entering the room, and not just on the first day
- No food or 'chemicals' on the bed.
- No hot food in the room if a group of more than two stay - or else people eat on the beds and trying to get unknown food stains out is a pain :-)
- Doors in the flat and the building are closed gently and not left to be slammed shut.
- No smoking inside the flat and if you do need to smoke please don't stand at the front of the building with the door open.
- If something does get broken or damaged please let me know.
- Non-guests are not allowed over unless agreed previously with me.
- If the kitchen is used please wash up what has been used.
- Lastly talk to me...I don't bite :-)!
Dieser Gastgeber hat 1 Bewertung für andere Unterkünfte.Andere Bewertungen ansehen