Über dieses Inserat
A little bit of heaven in Vermont’s Green Mountains! Fall colors are spectacular at this elevation. Located on a very quiet, scenic country road, our spacious home comes with all the comforts for a good night’s rest and days of relaxation. Nature's paradise: We cultivate over 125 species of plants and have recorded over 56 species of birds.
WE HAVE 2 ROOMS, EACH WITH PRIVATE BATH. Airbnb prices 2 rooms incorrectly so PLEASE REQUEST A PRICE FOR more than 2 guests.
2 bedrooms rented separately: 1 upstairs room (Barrel Top Room) with queen bed, en-suite bath, sitting area and step out balcony overlooking fields and gardens; 1 upstairs room (West Room) with queen bed, private downstairs bath and views of cow-dotted fields and mountains. These rooms are rented and priced separately. Please ask for a price to rent both rooms.
• Large shaded front porch for relaxing (care for some iced tea?)
• Home is totally powered by our solar panels
• Country breakfast included. Food is organic, homegrown, homemade, & very local
• Private sitting/reading areas inside or in the sun room
• Landline telephone & wireless WiFi available (No television or cell service in these mountains)
• Washer & dryer and clothes line available
• 3 acres of landscaped grounds and gardens surrounded by open fields and forests
• Friendly to well mannered dogs.
Zugang für Gäste
Sun room, indoor cozy sitting/reading room, kitchen and dining room, open covered front porch with wicker furniture, back deck with shaded table and chairs. Feel free to stroll the grounds, visit the gardens, walk/bike the roads by neighbor farms.
Interaktion mit Gästen
We're happy to give guidance and ideas for fun and adventure or leave you to relax in privacy. This is our home and we will be here to make sure you are comfortable and enjoy your stay.
Mt. Holly is located in the heart of the Green Mountains of south-central Vermont near Rte. 103 and Rte. 100. This is a small rural community with the best features of New England including natural beauty, cultural activities, and a peaceful atmosphere. Good birding, easy walking on quiet roads. You can enjoy visiting local farms, cheese factory, lakes, forest hiking trails, scenic drives, music & plays, or simply relax and unwind in the comfort of your home away from home.
• Only 3 miles off of Rte. 103 or Rte. 100 in the village of Mount Holly.
• Walk to the Crowley Cheese Factory (oldest cheese factory in Vermont!)
• Weston Playhouse & Vermont Country Store are a 15 minute drive
• Okemo Resort (Golf, Swimming Pool, Concerts, etc.) only 7 miles
• Belmont General Store and Star Lake is just 5 minutes away.
• Town of Ludlow is 7 miles, Rutland is 18 miles.
• Lake Ninevah only 10 minutes away (kayaking, canoeing, swimming, fishing, birding)
• Buttermilk Falls about 10 minutes drive (swimming hole beneath 3 different waterfalls)
• Rescue & Echo Lakes are 15 minutes away (state park, swimming, picnic area)
• Green Mountain Sugar House about 10 minutes away (BEST maple creemies ever)
• Appalachian Trail & Long Trail about 10 minutes away
• Healdville Trailhead (to top of Mt. Okemo) 5 minutes away.
• Enjoy live Music on the Green Thursday evenings (July - August)
We're convenient to Rte. 103 and Rte. 100. Scenic country roads make for easy access. Private parking onsite.
Weitere wichtige Infos
Enjoy some peace. There is NO cell phone service in Mt. Holly but we do provide free WiFi with high speed fiber optic connection. WiFi calls are possible if your phone is enabled. We also have a house phone where you can receive calls (ask for the number) or make local calls.
Open house floor plan so you can relax all around. Enjoy our smoke-free environment. Watch a movie. Relax in the gardens. Price does not include a required state 9% tax payable before departure.
Wenn du bis 24 Stunden vor deiner Reise stornierst, erhältst du eine volle Rückerstattung inklusive der Service-Gebühren.
Jim is a College professor of Biology and Sustainable Agriculture who lived in Central America for 20+ years. He is learning to bake breads, enjoys kayaking, hiking, gardening, and bird watching.
Monique was raised in Zimbabwe and spent 30 years as a travel consultant until recent retirement. She now has an internet store that sells organic gardening products. She loves cooking, flowers, reading, kayaking, doing jigsaw puzzles and is an enthusiastic board game player.
We are homesteading in Vermont and love gardening, all things nature and the theater. Having both traveled extensively we're interested in international affairs and enjoy meeting people and connecting locally. We're easy going and like to seek out healthy local foods wherever we go and enjoy a good glass of wine or beer.