Ideal for families, couples and groups, this ArtDeco themed 3 bedroom home set on 1.2 acres with a forest backdrop is perfect for your next relaxing getaway! With quirky vintage nick-knacs, books, board games and an extensive record collection to enjoy whilst sitting by the Coonara fire, guests can also discover the cubby house, roast marshmallows in the fire pit, search the neighbouring Wombat Forest for evidence of the town's gold rush history, or discover nearby towns of Trentham & Blackwood
This home is managed by ellecor Holiday Home Management and lovingly maintained by owners Rohan and Mel, who live and work in Melbourne but share their time between the city’s hustle and bustle and the calmness and serenity of the Miners Nest.
Enter via the front doors to encounter the tram stop themed hall way, complete with W-class tram seat and luggage rack.
Upon exploration of the home you’ll discover countless vintage nick knacks and relics the hosts have collected over the years.
Whilst at the Miners Nest you won’t find a TV, but what you will find are couches and arm chairs to bask in the morning sun and cupboards stocked with books and board games plus an awesome record collection to pass the time.
When the sun’s out the deck is a great spot to enjoy the leafy garden and listen to the birds and on cooler days, relaxing by the Coonara wood heater with a glass of wine is a must!
To compliment the fire, the house also features a reverse cycle, wall mounted heating/cooling unit in the main living room, wall mounted heaters in each of the three bedrooms, electric blankets on all 5 beds as well as plenty of warm blankets for the cooler months.
Well appointed kitchen, with black granite bench, dishwasher, fridge, microwave and more! Current day electric cook top and oven contrast to original Ager stove.
Of the 3 bedrooms in the home, 2 offer queen sized beds with gorgeous art deco wardrobes, and the third bedroom is set up as a kids’ room, with 3 single beds and an additional mattress to accommodate the 8th guest, as well as a TV which plays DVD's, DVDs, books and toys which Mel and Rohan’s children are happy to share with younger guests.
Kids can also enjoy the trampoline and swing set, use their imaginations in the ‘cubby house’ or climb trees in the expansive grounds.
The main bathroom is complete with stunning claw footed bath, double vanity and toilet, and the laundry contains a shower and second toilet.
The house not only has a sunny deck area but a front verandah and a paved back patio area with a BBQ. The fire pit in this area is great for toasting marshmallows in the Winter months.
Zugang für Gäste
Guest have access to the entire house and 1.2 acres of surrounding garden.
The garage is for owners' use only.
Interaktion mit Gästen
The Miners Nest is managed by ellecor Holiday Home Management.
*** In the event something is damaged, broken or not as you would expect please contact ellecor immediately via phone or email. We would rather know about it straight away so that we can attempt to rectify the problem, than read about it in a review after your departure ***
Once a booking is confirmed guests will be emailed a house manual which outlines all of the information one might need in the lead up to and during a stay at the Miners Nest, including access information.
Weitere wichtige Infos
- Check in is from 2pm. Access information and a house guide will be provided upon confirmation of your booking
- Check out is before 10am on the day of departure
- Paper, fire lighters and some kindling for the Coonara wood heater and fire pits are provided. Guests are asked to bring their own fire wood
- Phone reception in the area is limited. Telstra offers good coverage however Optus/Vodafone and other carriers are not as reliable. A landline is available in the home but is for emergency use only
- Solar panels, and LED lights throughout the home provide an added eco- element
- Well behaved, house trained dogs are welcome in the house, but dogs are not allowed on couches or beds. If bringing your dog please note that the property is not securely fenced - your pets will be free to roam and explore the property and neighbouring forest
- Smoking is not permitted in the house. Due to the risk of bush fire, smoking is permitted outside on the back paved patio area only. All cigarette butts must be extinguished and disposed of in rubbish bins provided
- Well behaved, house trained dogs are welcome in the house, but dogs are not allowed on couches or beds. If bringing your dog please note that the fencing in some areas of the property is not reliable for keeping dogs in - they will be free to roam and explore
We want you to relax and enjoy your time at the Miners Nest, but please note that as this property is a home, shared with guests there are a number of both personal and sentimental items throughout. We ask that guests respect owners' personal items/property.
The Miners Nest is managed by ellecor Holiday Home Management and is lovingly cared for and maintained by hosts Rohan and Mel, who live and work in Melbourne but share their time between the city’s hustle and bustle and the calmness and serenity of the Miners Nest.
The management of the property is overseen by ellecor Holiday Home Management, who take great pride in assisting guests with enquiries, bookings and pre-stay information.
I’m Lauren, the Director of ellecor Holiday Home Management who specialise in professional short-term property management.
Be assured if you book an ellecor property your travel experience will be seamless and hassle free! We pride ourselves on providing prompt, personalised and professional customer service and are always happy to help you with any queries you may have before, during or after your stay!
I am an experienced real estate property manager and have also worked for many years in both the travel and customer service industries with a double degree in Tourism and Business Management. Further to this, I am extremely well versed with Airbnb and other holiday home listing sites, as I have owned and managed my own holiday home ‘The Queenslander’, located in Noosa Heads, Queensland since 2014. Unable to find a suitable managing agent for my home I created my business, ellecor Holiday Home Management.
My passion for travel has taken me all around the world and I love that on a daily basis I am able to make other people’s travel dreams become a reality!