From 11/18-11/29, I will be away & you will have the whole apartment, please contact me to discuss.
Book this charming room & enjoy a pillow-top queen-bed, an en-suite bathroom plus a breakfast buffet. As a native New Yorker, I am here if needed with advice on sightseeing, shopping, tickets or food recommendations.
The room is cozy and ideal for 2 guests. Three adults is tight but a cot can be provided, if requested. No more than 3 should stay in the room unless they are young children.
******If you book from 11/18/17 - 11/27/17 or 12/24/17 - 12/26/17 or 2/14/18 - 2/22/18, You will have the whole apartment to yourself as I will be away. You can have a total of 4-5 people here with the Queen bed, Twin Roll-away bed, sofa-bed and Queen Air-mattress with electric pump built-in. Please contact me to discuss.*****
My apartment is really a one bedroom with the door missing from the bedroom. It was designed that way, so I have hung heavy curtains from the ceiling to the floor for privacy. A door will be installed by Oct 26, 2017 as I am redecorating the bedroom and adding extra goodies.
- Queen Pillow-top firm Mattress with 4 pillows (Plus a twin air-mattress if needed)
- Clean Sheets, Bedding and Towels
- Laptop while in the apartment as of 10/24/2017
- High Speed 5G 100mbps WiFi Internet
- Access to my full cable package including HBO, Cinimax, Showtime, Stars, and Epix plus over 2000 movies on demand.
- Washer & Dryer - I am happy to provide Wash & Fold service for my guests.
- Hairdryer, Curling Irons and Hair Straightening Iron
- Shampoo, Conditioner, Soap
- Full Length Mirror
- Control over the temperature setttings for the Heater and Air Conditioner in the room. A/C is available from May to the end of September.
FOR THOSE WHO LIKE MORE DETAIL:
BEDROOM - The bedroom has a very comfortable queen sized pillow-top mattress bed and I have a ton of pillows so if you need more, just ask. The bed has been raised so I can store items more easily underneath. Since it is a bit higher than normal beds, I have a step stool so shorter guests like myself can get into the bed easily. There is a full length mirror, a wall heater and an air conditioner which you can control. Half the closet is available for you to hang your clothing and I have 2 drawers empty in the dresser for you. In the cabinet space are extra sheets, a blanket, umbrellas, a fan and an iron. In the winter, I provide a comforter for you to sleep under as well as a quilt.
If there is a third person request, I do have a twin air-mattress with a built-in electric pump. It will fit in the room, but it is a tight fit. It can easily be stored right outside the bedroom during the day. I will of course provide bedding for this mattress too.
KITCHEN & LIVING ROOM - You are welcome to use the kitchen for some "light" cooking for dinner. The kitchen is open to the living room and the room gets a ton of natural light during the day. So much light, that I rarely turn the lights on until night. Every morning I set up the light breakfast buffet and my guests eat at the counter bar.
I do have a working fireplace that I normally keep running from Late September to April, both for the heat and the ambiance. Nothing beats drinking coffee on a lazy Sunday morning with the fireplace going.
BATHROOM - The bathroom is clean and bright with a ton of natural light. The shower water is hot and I have a shower stool if needed. I keep a hair dryer, curling irons and hair straightening irons for my guests to use, as well as shampoo, conditioner and soap. These items can take up a lot of luggage space and flying with checked luggage cost money. As an experienced traveler, I love when I can just pack light. I do not provide any personal hygiene items, like toothbrushes, deodorant or hair brushes.
LAUNDRY - I do have a small washer & dryer within my apartment. I offer guests staying 4 nights or more a free load of wash- about 9 lbs - done by myself. I will wash & fold your items, and the clean clothing will be waiting for you when you return from your day. If you need additional loads of laundry or if you are staying for less nights than 4 nights, that is not a problem but I will charge you a small fee of $7 to cover my costs and time.
I prefer guests do not use my washer & dryer. The washer needs to be hooked up properly to the water source and must be monitored to make sure it is draining properly or it could flood the apartment below me. The dryer is simpler to use but is located in the living-room where I sleep. Due to any noise both machine may produce, I prefer not to run them in the evening or night out of respect to my guests and neighbors.
LAPTOP: The Laptop must stay in the apartment but is yours to use exclusively while you are staying with me. I will have head phones for you but feel free to bring your own if you prefer.
Zugang für Gäste
You will have access to the whole apartment. The Living Room/Kitchen access is limited between 10PM-7AM, as this is where I sleep.
Interaktion mit Gästen
I am happy to give you all the guidance you want. I am a native New Yorker and have surprised myself since I started hosting with how much I know about New York City. I can suggest some activities and places to see that are off the beaten path and I can definitely tell you where to shop! I know what museums are free and how to see the Statue of Liberty up close for free. I probably won't be giving you a personal walking tour but I can get you set-up for a great one to take on your own.
If you would prefer minimal interaction, just let me know. I am home a lot but I am very good at just "being" in my own personal space.
Weitere wichtige Infos
BREAKFAST - I provide breakfast for my guests, as when I travel I hate having search for a cup of coffee and my morning meal. I set up a buffet every morning and let you choose what you want. My normal menu: tea, coffee, hot chocolate, fruit, selection of breads for toast, hard boiled eggs, and hot or cold cereal. I also toppings for the breads: butter, jams, peanut butter or nutella. Sometimes there are PopTarts or mini-coffee cakes too.
CHILDREN - I love children and would be happy to host more. I am also available for babysitting if adult time is needed during your trip.
Did you know it is a requirement by Airbnb to READ and AGREE to the Host House Rules prior to a confirmed booking? I know, how demanding!
Please read through all of the House Rules, it will give you a better idea if we will be a good fit as guest and Host. These rules have mostly been created from prior experiences. If you end up staying with me, I will be happy to tell you the story behind each rule.
HELEN’S HOUSE RULES:
1. NAMES and AIRBNB VERIFICATION- I follow Airbnb's policies and if your identification is not verified through Airbnb, I will ask to see your ID when you check-in.
2. CHILDREN - Children are welcome to stay but I have a few rules for the parents.
A - If you have a minor child with you, they can never be left alone in my apartment at any time without an adult, no exceptions.
B - You cannot leave the apartment with out taking your child with you and not tell me. I had a guest go out while I was busy cooking. I did not realize until 25 minutes later I was alone with his 9 year old son. Not acceptable. If you want me to babysit, you need to ask me. I will probably say yes 99% of the time. If I am babysitting while you run a quick errand, I will not charge. If you need me to babysit for more than an hour or so, we will discuss a fee.
C. You are the parent and are responsible for all discipline. Having said that, please refrain from any corporeal punishment while in home.
3. LAPTOP - I will have a laptop for adult guests to use in the apartment while they are a guest of mine.
A. The laptop will have a link to my premium cable account. If you decide to watch a pay for view movie, you will be charged the cost. The laptop can not leave the apartment without my permission.
B. You will be given a guest password upon check-in, please do not change it. C. Please do not download to my laptop, it only takes one click to get a virus. If you do need an item printed, please let me know. I can take care that for you.
D. If the laptop is broken, lost or stolen (while in your possession or out of the apartment) the replacement fee is $200. Again, I may see your history and activity so please keep it clean. You will sign an agreement to the above before receiving the Laptop
4. NOISE - Please be respectful of my neighbors and me, by keeping the noise volume low. All sound in the hallways echo much louder than intended, so be kind to my neighbors by entering and leaving the building quietly.
5. NO SMOKING - Sorry, no exceptions, as I hate the smell. If you are caught smoking in the apartment, you will pay for the additional cost of a deep cleaning $200 and the cost of steaming of the carpets and furniture, $340.
6. NO DRUGS - I have a strict no illegal drugs policy. Violation will be grounds to be asked to leave immediately. I do have prescription medication in my personal possession and is for my use only. If I find that you took some or if any of it is missing, you will be asked to leave immediately
7. HEATING & A/C- I kindly ask you turn off and/or down the air conditioner or heating in your room when you leave the apartment. (Have you heard, NYC is very expensive!)
8. CLEANING - I clean the bedroom & bathroom every other day. I will dust, sweep and mop the floors. I do not make the bed or pick up your personal items so I will just clean around them. It is your space so you can be as neat or messy as you like in the bedroom but as we share the bathroom, please try to keep it orderly. I have a whole shelf available for your use in the bathroom. I do ask you keep a path clear in the bedroom, so I can access the bathroom without stepping on your belongings.
9. TOWELS & SHEETS- I provide clean towels and linens for all my guests. If a guest stays more than a 5-6 days, I will give you a new set of towels automatically. If you want a clean set of sheets after 7 days, you will need to ask otherwise I will assume they are fine. I do ask that all guests remove any make-up, tanning products and club "hand stamps" before using the towels & sheets. These product do stain and cause permanent damage so please be kind and use the make-up removal products I provide. Repeat offenders will be ask to pay the cost of replacement.
10. COOKING - Guests are welcome to use the kitchen for "light" cooking for dinner before 9PM. "Light cooking" means using the microwave to heat up a dish, making pasta or other quick and easy stove-top meals.
A. PLease do not to leave dirty dishes or open food in your room as it could attract rodents. I will happily give you space in the refrigerator and the cabinet if needed.
B. You must provide all ingredients for the meals you cook and not "shop" in my refrigerator or cabinets. You are welcome to use my salt, pepper, herbs and spices as well as oil and other staples if needed, so please ask.
E. You must wash your dishes and clean the kitchen up after eating any meal you cook yourself, ideally after the meal is completed.
11. BROKEN ITEMS - I understand that accidents happen, so please let me know if something breaks, stains or rips immediately. Chances are I can fix it quick & easily which also means better chance of having your full security deposit returned.
12. VISITORS - I understand that for a whole variety of reasons, you may want to invite a visitor into the apartment. There are no overnight guests allowed. I try my best to be reasonable in other situations, but you must have my permission first.
13. SHIPPING - No packages can be shipped to my apartment without my permission. If you want to shop online and have it sent to me, please contact me to discuss.
14. COLOGNE & PERFUME - Unfortunately I am very sensitive and the smells can give me a migraine if too strong. Please do not spray perfume of cologne inside my apartment.
15. BEHAVIOR- All of AirBnB Standards and Polices are in full effect and are enforceable once you book your room or space. Please read below so you fully understand what behavior is considered unacceptable and will put you in jeopardy of being asked to leave immediately.
THESE RULES ARE NOT MEANT TO INHIBIT YOUR FUN DURING YOUR STAY BUT PROTECT BOTH YOU AND MYSELF FROM POTENTIAL ISSUES AND PROBLEMS. Most of the rules are based on situations I have encountered with a prior guest. I promise I am much more relaxed than the above makes me sound. I truly appreciate your cooperation in following the rules.
********To show you have read my rules, please include the following phrase when booking or inquiring about the room - "I LOVE NY!". This way I know you have actually read the rule and agreed to them.**************
AIRBNB STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR
If behavior occurs in violation of Airbnb Standards and Expectations Policy, by a guest, I will report it to Airbnb and the whole group will be asked to leave. Here is an outline of the Airbnb Standards of Behavior, you can find the complete description on the website.
SAFETY - Your Airbnb experience begins the moment you embrace adventure. That’s only possible when you trust this community and feel safe. As a result safety is our first priority—we require that you refrain from endangering or threatening anyone(URL HIDDEN)a. Do not harm yourself or others - You should not commit physical or sexual assault, sexual abuse, sexual harassment, domestic violence, robbery, human trafficking, other acts of violence, or hold anyone against their will. Members of dangerous organizations, including terrorist, organized criminal, and violent racist groups, are not welcome(URL HIDDEN)b. Do not threaten to harm yourself or anyone else. - You should not convey an intent to harm anyone by your words or physical actions.(URL HIDDEN)c. Do not create a situation that could cause harm to others - You should not keep unsecured weapons, disease risks, or dangerous animals in the your airbnb space, nor should you create conditions that increase the likelihood of a fire or will knowingly cause harm to others.
SECURITY - Our Airbnb community members share their homes, neighborhoods, and experiences. Whether you’re opening your home as a host or experiencing a host’s hospitality as a guest, you should trust that you will feel secure. We ask you to respect others’ property, information, and personal belongings.
a. No Theft, vandalism, or extortion - You should not take property that isn’t yours, use someone’s property without their permission, copy others’ keys or identity documents, damage others’ property, squat in listings after a stay is concluded, or threaten anyone with bad ratings or any other penalty or harm to obtain compensation or other benefits(URL HIDDEN) b. No Spam, phishing, or fraud. - You should not make monetary transactions outside of Airbnb’s payments system; commit booking fraud, credit card fraud, or launder money; divert payments meant for others; abuse our referrals system; or make false claims against your host(URL HIDDEN) c. Do not violating others’ privacy or intellectual property rights. - You should not access others’ accounts without authorization, spy on other people, or otherwise violate others’ privacy, copyrights or trademarks.
FAIRNESS - The global Airbnb community is as diverse, unique, and vibrant as the world around us. Fairness is what holds us together, what makes it possible for us to trust one another, integrate seamlessly within communities, and feel as if can we can truly belong.
a. No Discriminatory Behavior or Hate Speech - You should treat everyone with respect in every interaction. So, you should follow all applicable laws and not treat others differently because of their race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, sex, gender, gender identity, disability, or serious diseases. Similarly, insulting others on these bases is not allowed.(URL HIDDEN)b. No Bullying or Harassing of Others - You should not share personal information to shame or blackmail others, target others with unwanted behavior, defame others, or violate our review and content standards.(URL HIDDEN)c. Disturbing the Surrounding Community - You should not disturb common spaces, treat neighbors as “front desk staff,” create a pervasive nuisance for those around you, or persistently fail to respond to neighbor or community concerns.
AUTHENTICITY - Your Airbnb experiences should be full of delightful moments and surprising adventures. Since our community is built on trust, authenticity is essential—it requires a balance of shared expectations, honest interactions, and accurate details.
a. Do not Misrepresent Yourself - You should not provide a false name or date of birth, use listings for commercial purposes without your host’s permission, have events or parties without your host’s approval, maintain duplicate accounts, or create an account if you’re under 18.
RELIABILITY - Every Airbnb experience is unique and each detail specific to a home, a neighborhood, and a host. Since our community makes commitments based on these details, we have to be able to trust each other’s reliability—whether it be in timely communication, scheduled appointments, the condition of the home, or in the expectations we set.
a. Uninhabitable Spaces - The space must be kept in a habitable condition that is safe for both all the guests and the host.
b. Breaking a Commitment - Absent extenuating circumstances, you should not fail to make check-in, luggage dropoff or pick-up appointment, fail to pay for costs you incurred, or break the host’s house rules.
c. Be Responsive - You should not be persistently unresponsive before, during booking or throughout a stay when be asked a reasonable question from your host.
AIRBNB EXTORTION POLICY
Reviews are a way for Airbnb guests and hosts to share their experiences with the community. Any attempt to use reviews or review responses to force a user to do something they aren’t obligated to do is a misuse of reviews, and we don’t allow it.
This policy applies to situations including, but not limited to:
1. Guests threatening to use reviews or ratings in an attempt to force a host to provide refunds, additional compensation, or a reciprocal positive review.
2. Hosts requiring a guest to leave a positive review or rating, or to revise a review in exchange for a partial or full refund, or reciprocal review. Hosts also can’t offer a free or discounted stay in exchange for a guest revising an existing review.
3. Hosts asking a guest to take specific actions related to a review in exchange for a resolution to a dispute between the parties.
This policy does not prohibit:
1. A guest from contacting a host with a problem prior to leaving a review.
2. A host from asking a guest to leave an honest positive review or rating reflecting a positive experience.
3. A host or guest from revising a review within the time constraints for revision.
4. Hosts and guests cannot edit reviews after they are published.
By posting a review, you agree to follow all Airbnb guidelines and policies, including the Extortion Policy, which Airbnb may enforce at our sole discretion. Failure to do so may result in the restriction, suspension or termination of your Airbnb account.
Dieser Gastgeber hat 16 Bewertungen für andere Unterkünfte.Andere Bewertungen ansehen
Single woman who loves her hometown! I am a native New Yorker willing to share any tips or ideas for experiencing my hometown. Want to shop? I will send you to the area best suited to your needs. Museums? I will tell you which are actually free.
My style of hosting is to treat guests as if a second cousin was coming to stay. Friendly but with a lot of space for you to do your own thing. I am currently not working so I am home a lot but I do my best not to infringe on your privacy.
While I am open to all nationalities, races and religions as well as LGBTQ friendly, I am only fluent in English. Sorry the best I can do in other languages is ask "Where is the Bathroom?" in Spanish, Italian, French and Chinese. From that information you can guess where I have traveled in the past!
I am a minor political junkie and a lover of Game of Thrones. Both are subjects I can discuss for HOURS!l