The bedroom includes a comfortable standard double bed, ample storage space, and a work desk with direct internet connection.
The house is on a tree-lined terraced street in Islington, bordering on Stoke Newington and Dalston. There are several reasonably priced and friendly cafes, restaurants and shops nearby, good transport links to the rest of London, and the green spaces of Clissold Park are a short bus ride away.
- Standard size double bed, feather bedding, cotton bed linen, cotton towels provided.
- Workspace with adjustable office chair, power sockets, USB ports, direct internet connection & WiFi.
- Shelving, chest of drawers, wardrobe & hangers.
- Black-out blind to window.
- Suitcase stand.
- London maps and guides
- Selection of novels.
- Hair dryer.
- Bath tub & shower attachment.
- Bath shelf, bath safety mat.
- Basic first aid kit.
- Digital TV with Freeview, DVD player, CD stereo player, electric piano.
- Electric oven & gas hob.
- Dualit toaster, blender.
- Electric kettle,
- Small & large cafetieres/French presses, teapots.
- Washing machine, dryer, drying rails.
- Ironing board & iron.
- West-facing garden with patio, lawn, mature trees and shrubs.
- Glass-topped table with wooden benches.
PARKING AND BIKE STORAGE
- Lockable bicycle storage beneath entrance.
- Parking space available for a small to medium-sized car.
EATING AND DRINKING
There are several reasonably priced restaurants, pubs and cafes nearby: - see my listing guidebook and photos for recommendations, or feel free to ask.
- Clissold Park is five minutes away by 141 bus.
- Convenience store at 44 Mildmay Park open 7.00-23.30pm two minutes away, also numerous other food stores nearby, including Newington Green Fruit & Vegetables.
Zugang für Gäste
Areas shared with the host: -
Bathroom, kitchen (feel free to prepare hot drinks or a light meal, and store food in the fridge), living room, utility room, garden, off-street parking and secure bicycle storage.
Interaktion mit Gästen
I typically meet guests on arrival. I can advise on transport and local recommendations, and will be around for part or all of your stay. I work freelance, so am in and out during the day. Happy to chat or share a coffee if you wish, I will of course be sensitive to your space and privacy. Let me know if there is anything that I help with during your visit.
Weitere wichtige Infos
Help yourself if you wish to:
- ground coffee, regular / herbal tea, orange juice and milk.
- bagels, bread, (toaster available), butter, jams.
- granola, fruit, yogurt.
If you prefer to go out, I recommend Cafe Acoustic or Belle Epoque on Newington Green, five minutes walk away.
- nearest pharmacy: - 111 Newington Green Road.
- nearest Accident & Emergency Hospital: - Homerton Row.
The house was built in 1896, so may appear more worn than a new-build.
It may be possible to check in / drop off your bags earlier than the stated time (3.00pm), or leave your bags after the stated check-out time (11.00am) for later collection, for an additional fee. This is subject to the arrival and departure times of other guests, room preparation and cleaning, and my schedule. Please appreciate that this flexibility cannot always be offered.
House rules - please:
- use the place mats on the kitchen table and living room table,
- clean up after using the kitchen,
- be reasonably quiet after 10pm on weekdays,
- you may smoke in the garden, but please dispose of any cigarette butts.
Thank you for your consideration and enjoy your stay!
I am an architect, and have lived in London for most of my life. I sing in an amateur choir, performing around ten concerts a year of world, gospel, jazz, classical and contemporary music with orchestras and other ensembles.
I have enjoyed hosting over 180 Airbnb guests from all over the world in my flat. My typical guests are: -
- visiting family or friends
- relocating and needing a temporary base while looking for more permanent accommodation in London
- on a business trip / attending a course