I am glad you loved our location.
Let me take your feedback on each issue to address, as I see a lot of inaccuracy in them. I do not mean to offend you but for a home stay,you were quite demanding and expecting a 5-star hotel service.That is not what we provide.
1) Regarding the leaking roof : In kerala,we have tiled roofs with attics and wooden ceilings in the rooms. This makes the rooms cooler to our humid climate. Kerala is prone to unpredictable rains and hence if there is any displacement of the tiles,it will only come to our notice when it rains. The moment the guest brought it to our notice (1am,after midnight), our staff rearranged the bed and put in fresh linen immediately.The displaced roof tile was rectified the first thing in the morning.
2) AC unit : The AC unit was put to use continuously for 2 days as one of the guests stayed back. Probably that triggered a leak. This happened the next day only. The ac was rectified on the same day. The ac could not have wet the mattress as the bed was pushed away.
3) Toilet Cistern- We are a home stay villa and do not have in-house plumbers or electricians. However the plumber was notified and the problem was resolved the same day in the presence of Mr John.
4) Regarding Novice waiters: We do not have waiters. We have caretakers who try their best to make your stay comfortable.
5) Breakfast is on the house and the menu is preset and different every day.
6) I checked the kettles and they seem to be working fine .
7) Water bottles were provided 1 per room everyday as well as for the extra person. Extra soap and shampoos demanded were also provided other than the daily ones.
8) My absence was well intimated in advance as I was away for personal reasons. Mr John visited them on 2 occasions, but no one was available then. He left a note for the guest.
9) Refund Policy: Please note the room charge is not 14200 INR per room. You can go through the airbnb reservations details again. It is at 3850 per room including tax with airbnb charges and taxes extra .You have booked 5 rooms. You wanted to cancel 1 room since you mentioned 2 people were not coming for which, I have refunded you as per the strict cancellation policy mentioned on airbnb (you could refer the same)which is 50% of the room charge except fees. So I have paid you 50% back except the fees. This was clearly communicated to you and agreed upon. Thereby the room becomes no longer available to you and was released for further bookings.
The day before you arrived, you mentioned that only 1 person backed out instead of 2 people, and that you didn't mind adjusting with an extra bed in 1 room.
The usage of amenities by an extra person is charged and that is the policy.
10) Houseboat : Please refer the airbnb inbox messages where I have clearly mentioned that houseboat will be INR 8000 or more depending on the demand and availability at the time with pick up and drop in at alleppey town. Your friend Ms Meghana, (messages by phone on 18th Oct,16'), enquired for the rates applicable for 10 pax and I send the rate with pick up and drop at alleppey for the mentioned dates (INR 12000 ) which was confirmed by her. Later you wanted the pick up and drop changed to the villa which makes for additional cost to and fro 2 times from Alleppey to Muhamma lake. I reimbursed INR 500, as the number of people got changed to 9pax from 10 pax.
The houseboat owner raised many complaints for which I had to apologize to him as he was not happy with the guests. The ayurvedic massage center also raised issues for they were not happy with the guests' approach. These are issues between the guests and them. I cannot interfere in that.
From our end, we have done our best to make the stay comfortable for our guests.This can be gauged from all the happy reviews left here by my earlier guests,many of whom come back often to spend their holidays at Kovilakam.