A comfortable and spacious 3 bedroom family home with large garden in idyllic surroundings in the South Downs National Park. Read our reviews to see how others have enjoyed their time in this beautiful spot!
The comfortably furnished house is fully equipped and offers one double bedroom and two singles. One of the singles converts to a twin as needed. Additional beds can be provided in the form of a double sofa-bed (designed for two but cosy for sharing!) and two children's roll-up beds if required. The large kitchen / dining room is spacious and an enjoyable place to cook, eat and chat. The table extends to seat 8-10 for comfortable meals with family and friends, and afterwards you can let the dishwasher do all the work while you relax, watch TV or a DVD or play on the Wii. Free wifi internet access and an open fire (coal and logs provided in season) are also available.
Other accommodation includes: downstairs cloakroom, office / den (or additional bedroom), wetroom and separate family bathroom with shower over bath. Off road parking is available and the garden offers room to play on a large lawn area and two patios for enjoying the lovely views of the South Downs in the perfect traditional English village of East Dean.
As well as the pub and restaurant, the village offers a delicatessen, tea-shop, post office / grocery, award-winning butcher and a farmers' market every Wednesday morning. Three buses an hour to Eastbourne and Brighton go from bus stops a few minutes walk away. Eastbourne has good rail links to London (90 minute journey).
Please note that we are unable to accept one night bookings for more than 4 people.
Available for your use:
Double oven; hob; fridge freezer; dishwasher; food mixer; toaster; kettle; washing machine; tumble-dryer; downstairs loo; TV; Sky; DVD; Wii; open fire; shower; bath and a wide range of toys, books and DVDs.
We are experienced home-exchangers and will do everything possible to ensure your smooth arrival arrangements and key swap. Looking forward to hearing from you!
Please note we have three cats, Jem, Maggie and Mabel, who will need feeding during your stay. There is no cleaning fee so we ask all guests to comply with our "leave it as you find it" policy.
Zugang für Gäste
This space is our family home and you'll have access to all parts of it. Guests are welcome to use toys, games, DVDs, books and store cupboard essentials during their stay. We'll also ask you to feed our cats while we're here. It really is a home from home, with free purring included!
Interaktion mit Gästen
Although we will always call or email in advance to check arrangements for your stay, we will make also every effort to meet guests on arrival, and provide a short tour of the space and answer any questions. We move out when we have AirBnb guests so we usually need a couple of days before we can confirm a booking, to make our own travel plans!
Weitere wichtige Infos
Apologies, but we don't allow one night bookings at the normal rate for parties of 5+. If you are a larger party in search of accommodation for one night, do feel free to contact me to discuss terms.
1. Guests must look after the three cats - this involves feeding 2-3 times a day and cuddles on demand.
2. Please follow basic security procedures as you would in your own home, and respect our neighbours and the local area.
2. There is one off-road parking space for the house (on the driveway shared with neighbours) - it is the one next to the hedge on the left of the garden gate. Please do not park elsewhere on the driveway. There is plenty of space for unlimited, free parking on the road nearby.
3. We operate as a "home from home": the house will be clean, tidy and welcoming - a real house where a family lives most of the time, not a hotel. We will leave breakfast things for your first morning. We ask for a £250 deposit to be made through AirBnB, which will be returned unless there's been a real disaster. A broken glass or cup does not count as a disaster in our book! We expect you to be able to judge and to do the honourable thing; just let us know or offer to replace anything you think necessary, if something has gone wrong.
4.Occupancy implies acceptance of these house rules. There are no risks or hazards unusual to a normal family home.
5. You will have access to free WiFi but must use it only for legal activities and respect the parental controls that are set up to protect our children.
Wenn du bis 5 Tage vor deiner Reise stornierst, erhältst du eine vollständige Rückerstattung. Wenn du innerhalb von 5 Tagen vor deiner Reise stornierst, ist die erste Nacht nicht erstattungsfähig, aber die Hälfte der Kosten für die übrigen Nächte wird zurückerstattet.
We are a family of four who love our location! Jane runs her own education consultancy; Henry is a local council manager; Anna is 12, Charlie is 8. As the children get older we are beginning to think about travelling further and wider, and it would be great to earn some income from our home to help fund our holidays. We love books, cooking, family outings and relaxing together. We have stayed in other people's houses for holidays before and we know the benefits of a "home from home", especially when you are taking children with you.