Absolutely a fantastic location, however our overall experience was very bad. If we wouldn't need to use the guesthouse with the double house, we could have survived. However we have checked out 3 nights earlier due to overall discomfort.
We found the cottage very dirty. The kitchen was extremely dirty, certainly the direct surroundings and equipment not cleaned for weeks. Full of dirt and fat. Some of the cooking pans in the cupboard were simply not cleaned and still fat. A lot of ants were enjoying the kitchen dirt, and around 50 of them we had to chase on the kitchen wall.
There was dirt on the floor, very sticky (impossible to walk with bare feet).
Everything you touched in the kitchen was fat and sticky. We cleaned everything before use.
Worst was the air in the 'guest cottage' (with the double bed). The rotten wood of the walls gave a strong fungal/mold smell, very inconvenient. We had to keep our bags closed not to have all our clothes smelling. Also a very humid air and high humidity feeling in the double bed (despite the nice, relatively warm weather). We didn't sleep well because of this.
The outdoor shower was also not cleaned, we had to clean it and remove a lot of leaves and pine needles.
Also the toilet and small washbasin was not clean.
The watercooker is a disaster in terms of cleanness, completely brown/black inside.
We have checked out a few days earlier after 2 nights, even after cleaning and trying to overcome the situation...
We are not difficult, used to camp at simple campings since 50 years, but this beats everything.
Very strange to see the very positive reviews, probably the negative ones don't make it to publication...?
Also if you just would need the main cottage, you could 'survive' it but we were 4 persons so needed the guesthouse.
Reviews are much more positive than our experience - strange.
General quality / hygiene not in line with the impression the photos/description give. Also some broken chairs etc. In general very bad state of maintenance.
The reaction to our complaints was very cold and below standards/expectations.
Also, the description for checkin procedure was not correct (it mentioned that the keys were in the microwave whereas they were in the key-locker, and we didn't have the code thereof). The host was not reachable (finally called back after some calls/sms) to provide the code.
Absolute great location, but that positive aspect was spoiled by dirt, smell, humidity, general discomfort.