This gorgeous 90m2, 2 bedroom bohemian duplex apartment has amazing views over the entire city from the large flower-covered terrace. Walking distance from Las Ramblas & free use of 2 bikes. (please note: it's on the 6th floor and there's no elevator).
This gorgeous, peaceful and quiet 1920s duplex apartment is located in a quiet street near the Montjuic park, yet is just a short 17 minute walk from Las Ramblas (Barcelona's main central street). Downstairs has a modern, open-plan kitchen and lounge space, a bathroom and a cosy bedroom with a large and comfortable queen sized bed (160cmx200cm) inside an old-fashioned curtained sleeping nook. The bedroom is entered through a curtained doorway off the lounge space and also contains a large wardrobe.
The downstairs lounge area contains a divan sofa which makes a comfortable extra bed if needed (80cmx180cm). Downstairs there is also a large balcony which spans the breadth of the apartment. It's accessed from double doors in both the lounge and bedroom, and has views of the Montjuic park on one side and the Sagrada Familia and the city on the other.
A quirky spiral staircase takes you up to the upper floor which is made up of a conservatory and terrace. Have breakfast under the grape arbor on the large 20m² terrace which overlooks the whole city, Sagrada Familia, ocean and mountains beyond. The spacious airy wood-floored 25m² conservatory contains a dining table, divan and armchairs and has a wall of windows that make the most of the gorgeous view. Here there is also a comfortable double bed (140x200) and I can set up an additional single bed (90x200cm) if required (if not required I keep it stored away under the double bed).
Both the upstairs conservatory and the downstairs area have air-conditioning which cool the apartment in summer and heat it in winter. For winter there is also a portable gas stove for additional heating upstairs. There's also a 32" TV , a washing machine, a variety of books and games and a little macbook computer for your use.
The apartment is in a recently renovated registered historic building (1927), and the ceiling of the apartment has exposed wooden beams and typical beautiful Catalan red brick vaulted ceilings. Gorgeous old tiles, antique furniture and sumptuous fabrics, make this space cosy and charming.
One of the downsides to living in the top floor of an old building is that there is no elevator and a lot of stairs: 6 floors to be precise! It can be a bit tough at the beginning but you get used to them pretty quick, and hey, it can help you work off some of the yummy tapas! :P
Zugang für Gäste
- We have 2 bikes which you can use for free for your entire stay, and these are great for getting around everywhere. If there's more than 2 of you, there's a bike rental place just around the corner where you can rent additional bikes for just €10 per 24 hours (or €45 per week). Barcelona has a great metro system, but there's nothing as fast and enjoyable as getting around by bike in a city with a sunny climate. There is a small locked room in the entry of the building where the bikes are kept - so you don't have to carry them up the stairs- phew! Barcelona is very bike-friendly and there are many roads with dedicated bike-lanes so you don't have to fight the traffic too much.
-Wifi is included. Fully equipped kitchen with gas stove-top and microwave (though there is no oven). Sheets and towels provided.
Interaktion mit Gästen
I meet you when you arrive to let you into the apartment and can answer any questions you might have. I live very nearby, so if you need anything else just give me a call or send me an email! I have also created some online maps with my favourite places to eat and fun things to do which I will send to you when you book to give you a head-start on living in Barcelona like a local, and anything you need you only have to ask! Looking forward to meeting you! :-)
Weitere wichtige Infos
- please be aware that this is a 6th FLOOR APARTMENT WITH NO ELEVATOR
- There is NO OVEN and NO DISHWASHER in the kitchen
- Bike theft is quite rampant in Barcelona, so we purposely got a couple of older bikes so as not to be sitting targets. But they are still little cuties and do their job well. We have a chain lock which should be used at all times when not using the bikes. In the unlikely event that a bike is stolen or badly damaged while you are using it, I would ask for €80 per bike and €40 for the lock, which is what they cost to replace (this would be covered by the security deposit you make through airbnb). But really as long as you always use the locks and keep the bikes inside at night there should be no problems.
-Because of the steep spiral staircase which is open at the top, the apartment may not be suitable for very young children. Baby gear such as cot, changing table, baby bath and high chair are available on request.
- Tourist apartment license number: HUTB-009667
Lizenz- oder Registrierungs-Nummer
Erfahre mehr über diese Nummer
- There is a €30 late check-in fee for checkins between 11:30pm-8am.
-Check-in time is 4pm and check-out time is 12pm, but if you are arriving earlier or want to leave later, just let me know, and if I have nobody checking in or out that day then check-in/out can be flexible.
-Tourist Tax is included in the nightly price.
-Please no smoking inside, no parties, and please no noise on the terrace (and no loud music or noises indoors) between 9pm and 8am out of respect for the neighbours. The houses are built quite close together and the noise really carries from the terrace.
Dieser Gastgeber hat 233 Bewertungen für andere Unterkünfte.Andere Bewertungen ansehen
I'm a 39 year old kiwi motion graphic designer/artist/handywoman, and have been living in Barcelona since 2008 with my Spanish partner Marcos, who is a book editor & musician. Before coming to Barcelona I traveled quite a bit (like all Kiwis), and lived in London for a while (again: like all Kiwis). I love my food and was a bit exasperated when I first arrived in Barcelona as I felt it was quite difficult to find good, non-touristy food in the centre. So since then I've been putting together an online map of places I find that are a bit special, and I always pass the link on to anyone who rents the flat. The good thing is that quite a high proportion of the good places are nearby in the Poble Sec neighbourhood. I love to provide little extras and put in a great deal of effort into making the apartment look great and just generally adding all the little extra details that I know from experience can really make the difference and enhance someone's stay. I look forward to hosting you! :-)