- Great location...close to town but has the feeling of being remote.
- large house, plenty of room to spread out
- rooftop deck...we slept out there at night. (Bring sleeping bags and padding)...WARNING: not fenced, so not safe for little kids.
- air-conditioned TV room with comfortable couches
- really can't beat the price if you don't mind lower standards in the area of cleanliness.
THE NOT SO GOOD...
- bugs. House must have just been sprayed, because multiple dying bugs on floor. Don't know if it's common in the desert to have bugs finding their way in to the house. Thankfully, we are not too squeamish about this, but others with bug phobias might be grossed out. We just flushed them/cleaned them up and went about our business. (TIP: we slept on the (URL HIDDEN) bugs there at all !)
- no hand towels or washcloths. We found some clean hand towels and only 1 washcloth in the dryer, but they should have been put out.
- kitchen. Updated appliances, but everything else bare bones. I found only one sharp knife for cutting watermelon. If you want tin foil, plastic wrap, ziplocks, or plastic containers for leftovers, you will have to bring them. Nice refrigerator, but you may want to bring a bag of ice since no ice maker.
- Pay attention to the house manual notes on the limited air conditioning. It proved to be true. We kept the house closed up during the day, but only the tv room gets air conditioning, so the the rest of the house was hot in the afternoon and evening. 2 of us ended up sleeping on the comfy couches in the tv room because bedrooms just too hot.
- cleanliness. The house was fairly clean, except for certain upholstered chairs and the carpet....Very stained and yucky looking. A dirty-looking floor can make make the whole home feel unclean.
- DVD remote control was missing.
Would we stay here again? Possibly...can't really beat the price for a secluded private home with a pool and rooftop deck. But we might be willing to pay a little more for somewhere else. Depends on what's available. If you're ok with the little not-so-pleasant things, I would recommend. Communication by owner/manager was timely.