Über dieses Inserat
We are located in downtown Bar Harbor, walking distance to the Sand Bar, natural food & grocery store, the village green, restaurants, movie theaters and more. Our home is on a quieter side street in downtown Bar harbor. Acadia is a fabulous park to explore!
Buying a home in downtown Bar Harbor was not easy! After looking at many, many properties, we selected The Rusticator for its convenience and walkability. We walk to most everything: our elementary school, work, shopping, the green, restaurants, ice cream and yoga classes. The open concept kitchen filled with natural sunlight was perfect. The backyard with its spacious lawn, deck and gardens is unique in downtown Bar Harbor and has been great for outdoor grilling and essential for our son and his friends. The decorative fireplace, wood floors and stairwell also caught our attention.
Zugang für Gäste
The Rusticator is a charming two story home from 1896 that has been updated over the years. Named for the visitors to Bar Harbor in the late 1800s, artists and wealthy tourists alike, The Rusticator is a lovely cottage located in the heart of downtown Bar Harbor. The Rusticator is our family home and available for weekly rentals in the summer season when we leave to explore other parts of the world.
There are four bedrooms upstairs: 1 king bedroom, 2 queen bedrooms and a bedroom with a full and twin bed. There is a well equipped open kitchen, dining room, mudroom and living room with a beautiful decorative fireplace on the first floor. There are 2 bathrooms (upstairs has a claw foot tub and stand up shower and downstairs with only a standup shower). Other amenities include a flat screen TV with DVD player, access to WIFI internet and Netflix, washer/dryer (basement), dishwasher, microwave, gas BBQ, off street parking for 2 cars and outdoor dining furniture. Feel free to pick the tomatoes and herbs for cooking!
Leave your car behind and walk to everything downtown, including whale watch & sea kayak tours, shops and much more. Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park offer visitors a variety of activities, including hiking, biking, boating, lake swimming, carriage road walks, horse back riding, deep sea fishing! Visit the oceanarium, sail on the Margaret Todd, take a Jackson Lab visitors tour, enjoy tea and popovers at the Jordan Pond House, golf at a PGA top-rated course, play tennis. Kids activities include Sand Beach, miniature golf, the town green and lots of ice cream shops!
Interaktion mit Gästen
When you are here we leave to travel ourselves! Please reach out to us by phone or email and if we can't be reached try our property manager and she will take care of any of your needs!
We live on a side street in downtown Bar Harbor. We are an "urban" neighborhood nestled around other year round residents and weekly rentals. Our favorite part of where we live is being able to walk to places in town! Though our neighborhood is on a side street, downtown is bustling in the summer so cars and people will explore the area. We are not a through street. We are lucky to have a backyard, garden and deck which is unique in our area!
Since we are in town you can leave your car behind and walk! You are a 5 minute walk to The Island Explorer bus stop which provides free transportation around MDI! Check out their website for routes and time schedules.
"The Island Explorer features eight bus routes linking hotels, inns, and campgrounds with destinations in Acadia National Park and neighboring village centers.
Clean propane-powered vehicles offer Mount Desert Island visitors and residents free transportation to hiking trails, carriage roads, island beaches, and in-town shops and restaurants."
If you fly into Bangor or Bar Harbor you can rent a car and head over. Bangor is just over one hour from our house and Bar Harbor Airport is about 15 minutes.
We are down the street from two bike rental shops as well.
Weitere wichtige Infos
Please note that the nightly price includes the state of Maine's 9% sales tax.
This is our home where we live from September through June. We ask that you treat our home as you would your own. Unfortunately we do not allow pets, smoking or fires. Here is a detailed list of rules for our property:
Property: The property is located at:
2 Myrtle Avenue
Bar Harbor, ME 04609
The property is furnished and includes appliances in working order (washer/dryer in basement), as well as toilet paper, bath towels, beach towels, laundry soap, bath soap, linens, fans, cooking and dishware. Additional supplies will be provided by the “The Guest”.
Rental Party: The rental party shall consist of the # of Guests approved at the time of the booking.
3. Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to 8 persons.
4. Term of the Lease. The lease begins at 4 p.m. on the “Check-in Date” and ends at 10 a.m. on the “Checkout Date”.
5. Minimum Stay: This property requires a 7 night minimum stay and rents from Saturday to Saturday.
6. Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules attached as Exhibit A at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property.
7. Conditions: Guests are expected to treat the cottage with utmost respect and care. Guests will assume financial responsibility for damages or loss caused by negligence or deliberate abuse to the structure, furnishings, appliances, landscaping and any other provided item or materials.
8. Access: Guest shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
9. Repairs: Please notify our Property Manager immediately if a repair is necessary. We will respond as quickly as possible. After notification by phone, email or other means. Homeowner/Property Manager may enter the premises to examine and/or make repairs as deemed necessary. In an emergency situation such notice may be waived. Please understand that our home is not a hotel and we do not have 24 hour repair services available but we will do our best to have any repair fixed in as timely a manner as possible.
10. Habitability: If premises shall become uninhabitable or legally prohibited during the term of the contract, payments will be refunded/pro-rated.
11. Pets: No pets are permitted. The presence of pets is cause for immediate eviction without refund.
12. Smoking: Smoking is not permitted in the residence or on the grounds.
13. Fires: No indoor or outdoor fires are permitted. Use of wood stove and fireplace are not permitted.
14. Risk and Liability: Risks, such as proximity to water, street, steep terrain and shorefront, use of equipment or other risks that may be present: Guests agree to assume such risks and take reasonable precautions to prevent injury to themselves, minors, guests or others and to hold Ursula Hanson and John Jay Friedlander harmless from any claims for injury/or damage, to the full extent permitted by law, and to indemnify Homeowners from associated legal expenses. Please report unsafe or deficient conditions to homeowner/property manager immediately.
15. Rental Rate and Fees:
Deposit: A deposit of $400.00 is due at time of reservation.
The deposit is for security and shall be refunded within 14 days of the Checkout Date provided no deductions are made due to:
damage to the property or furnishings;
dirt or other mess requiring excessive cleaning; or
any other cost incurred by Homeowner due to Guest’s stay.
If the premises appear dirty or damaged upon Check-in, Guest shall inform Homeowner immediately.
16. Cancellation Policy: Due to the short season of our rental property we DO NOT offer a refund unless we can re-book the rental week. We will do our best to make that happen but cannot guarantee it will be rented. If we are unable to re-rent the property the “Guest” is responsible for the full payment of the rental week.
17. Insurance: We encourage all renters to purchase traveler insurance.
1) People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest. Guests are not allowed to exceed the occupancy limit agreed to above.
2) Smoking is NOT allowed in the residence or on the grounds.
3) Guests should not create excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors; Code-enforced neighborhood quiet hours are from 10:00p.m. – 7:00a.m.
4) This house is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
5) Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
Only use appliances for their intended uses.
6) Pets are NOT allowed.
7) PARKING – Off Street Parking is limited to TWO vehicle(s). The driveway is on the side of the house and holds two cars. You can park on the street, but please note it is a narrow street.
8) Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate.
9) Fires: No indoor or outdoor fires are permitted. No fireworks are permitted by law. The fireplace is decorative only and we do not allow the use of the wood stove.
10) Do not leave heated BBQ/Grill unattended. Turn Grill and tank OFF when finished.
11) Sewer System: DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. This is an older house and our system can’t handle it. When flushing, hold down handle it is flushed.
12) Washer/Dryer (located in basement): Please leave the washing machine door and soap dispenser drawer open when washer is not in use. A musty odor develops in the machine and in the clothes otherwise. Please shake out all sand from any towels or clothes before placing them in the washer/dryer. Clean out dryer screen after each use.
Please do not disturb items in the basement
Ice maker in the freezer does not work
If raining hard, please try to close the windows in throughout the house
The wooden floors in the kitchen and dining room are very soft wood so please treat kindly
Please do not jump on the beds
Please do not step or play on the hatch door that leads to the basement in the backyard
There is no access or admittance into the attic
13) If it is rainy out, don’t be alarmed if water leaks in the basement by the dryer. The machines are elevated so they won’t get wet. IF water is excessive and is pooling past the washer/dryer call our property manager.
If there is a storm or hurricane, no refunds will be given unless:
The state or local authorities order mandatory evacuations in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning area" and/or
A "mandatory evacuation order has been given for the Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning" area of residence of a vacationing guest.
The day that the authorities order a mandatory evacuation order in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning," area, we will refund:
Any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered;
Any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive, and wants to shorten the stay, to come in after the Hurricane Warning is lifted; and
Any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the "Hurricane Warning" period.
15) Departure Instructions:
Please have all trash in garbage bags and placed securely in outside containers by 8AM ON SATURDAY. The trash containers are in the backyard. The company that picks up the garbage asks for it to be ready by that time for pick up.
Recycling containers are in the mudroom and are labeled. If you accumulate more then the bins hold you can place the excess bags on the front porch and our property manager will recycle all the items after your departure. There are extra bags under the kitchen sink.
Dishes, cookware and equipment should be washed and counters and tables wiped clean
Floors should be broom cleaned and moved furniture put back in its place (please avoid scratching floors and damaging furniture in the process).
Beach Towels should be shaken free of sand out side of the house
Beds stripped of linens and left in a pile at the foot of the bed
BBQ Grill and Propane Tank both turned OFF. If the tank is empty please leave the property manager a note or text.
Grill is cleaned after last use
Perishable foods are disposed of and refrigerator is cleaned out
Thermostat in house is set at 55 degrees
TWO sets of keys are left on kitchen counter and doors are UNLOCKED.
Many Thanks! Ursula and Jay
Wenn du bis zu 7 Tage vor deinem Aufenthalt stornierst, erhältst du eine Rückerstattung über 50 %, plus die Service-Gebühren.
My husband and I and our 10 year old son moved to Bar Harbor in 2008 from Portland, ME. Before getting married we visited MDI most Falls to hike and relax. One trip we thought about how amazing it would be if we could live in Bar Harbor. Ten years later it happened! As a family we love traveling and exploring. Though we leave during one of the best times of the year we look forward to finding new places and welcome our guests to our home!