Travellers from every continent have been hosted at our very beautiful and charming home, located at the gated and secured Winchester Estate Apartments. Everything is within easy reach and our guests have returned repeatedly! Waiting to see you....
Nicely furnished apartment with one bedroom and one bathroom. Bed room has Queen sized bed that sleeps a single individual or a couple, A/C, ceiling fan, dresser, night tables and walk in closet. Bedroom also opens to a private garden patio. No more than a maximum of two guests will be accommodated at the apartment.
The apartment has a separate living/dining/kitchenette area, equipped with dining table, refrigerator, stove, microwave, cooking and eating utensils. The apartment also has a cable tv in the living area.
Guests will not have to leave their apartment to do laundry as it comes equipped with an in-unit laundry area with a washer/dryer and sink.
Zugang für Gäste
The apartment unit has one designated parking spot. However, the guest may feel free to arrange with the security officer on duty for additional parking space for visitors.
Compulsory cleaning is provided once per week for stays 7 days or more - free of charge.
You will be loaned a cell phone, if needed, to make calls while staying at the apartment. You only need to buy call credit.
Guests can travel around town by public transportation, taxi-service or car-rental. A public transportation centre is within five minutes walk from the apartment and the bus fares are very reasonable. You may also call a cab for pick-up at a cost equivalent to US$3 - US$20 one way, depending on the distance of round-town travel from your apartment. Cars can be rented from US$40 up per day.
Things to do/see in Kingston:
There are many places to see and things to do in Kingston or close to Kingston.
Check out the following places in Kingston which are anywhere between 1 minute walk to - 30 minutes ride away.
1. Devon House - 3 minutes walk
2. Carib Cinema - 5 minutes ride
3.Emancipation Park - 10 minutes walk
4. Port Royal - Alluring history of pirates, earthquakes and also excellent local sea-food - 30 minutes ride
5. Bob Marley Museum - 5 minutes ride
6. Market Place - Caribbean, Asian and other cuisine - 5 minutes ride
7. Red Bones - Great hang out spot, with great food and entertainment by artists such as poets, Jazz and Blues bands, reggae bands, etc - 5 minutes ride
8. New Kingston with great night life and restaurants - 3- 5 minutes walk/ride
9. Churches - Many churches are close by. Given our culture out of many one people, you might be able to find other places of worship in Kingston to visit while you are here.
10. Supermarket - 2- 5 minutes walk or ride
11. Pharmacy - 1 minute walk
10. Hellshire - Beach and seafood - 30minutes ride
9. Blue Mountains - Take a hike to the Blue Mountains - 30 minutes ride
Things to do in neighbouring Towns:
1. Ocho Rios, with world famous Dunn's River Falls is 1.5 hours away by road - take the scenic route through Walker's Wood and Fern Gully.
2. Little Ochie on Jamaica's south Coast is approx. 2.5 hours away by Road. Great vibe and seafood.
3. We can help you to figure out other great places of interests to visit while you are here
Interaktion mit Gästen
The Guest will have our contact number and we will be available as little or as much as the guest might deem necessary.
Weitere wichtige Infos
You will have a great time in Kingston, particularly if you plan ahead. As hosts, we are also here to help to give you ideas as to how to get around or what to do.
1. The apartment is a no-smoking zone, both inside and outside on the property.
2. Smoking of ganga or use of narcotics are illegal in Jamaica. Guests are asked not to use or have in their possession such substances within the unit or on the property. No other activities forbidden by the Jamaican
law are allowed in the apartment or on the property.
3. The complex is gated and manned by 24 hour security. It is best for the guest to inform the security officer before hand of the intended arrival of visitors so that visitors can be easily identified and given entrance.
4. In order to ensure that other guests/residents on the property can peacefully enjoy their accommodation, our guests and their visitors are asked to conduct themselves appropriately without causing disturbance to others. This includes no unduly loud noises inside or outside the unit; no inappropriate attire when outside of the unit - including nakedness; no use of indecent language particularly outside of the unit.
5. Guests are required to keep the unit clean and in good order while at the property and will be liable for any damages caused to property or its contents. A cash deposit of US$150 is to be provided on arrival and will be held in safe keeping to partially or fully cover any such eventuality. This deposit will be refunded at check out, if there is no eventuality. Please note that compulsory cleaning services will be provided free of charge once per week for stays greater than 7 days.
6. There should be no hanging of clothing, laundry or other materials on the patio or on picket fence surrounding the garden patio.
7. No pets allowed
8. Only the occupants who are booked to stay at the apartment are allowed to sleep at the apartment. The apartment ideally sleeps a single individual or a couple in the bedroom. Sleeping is not allowed in the sofa and Guests are not allowed to have their visitors sleeping over.
9. Guests are to declare how many persons will be staying at apartment and names when booking. No more than two persons will be accommodated at the apartment. On arrival, guests will be required to furnish a picture ID. Driver's license or other official ID will do. A photocopy of the ID may be taken.
10. Guest must not exit the apartment before they are checked out, unless otherwise agreed with us, the hosts.
11. House rules are to be followed to prevent interruption of stay.
My husband Ive and I (Jen) are fun loving professionals who have a heart for people. We are professionals who have worked in a number of fields including, banking and finance, air and sea transportation, food and Beverage and tourism.
In our travels overseas to countries in North America, Central and South America, the Caribbean and Britain, we have met and built friendships with a lot of individuals of various cultures and background. Countries that we have travelled include the UK, USA, Belize, Mexico, Peru, Trinidad, Barbados, Cayman Islands, Antigua, Montserrat and Barbados.
We have both pursued education in Jamaica and the UK. I am a trained Strategic Planner and Economist and soon my husband Ive will be a qualified lawyer. We have over time pursued a number of entrepreneurial ventures including a home cleaning business and an awning making business. Over the last few years we have been making vacationers and business travellers happy, by providing them with our beautiful home away from home for use while in Jamaica. We have had a number of repeat guests over time and are looking forward to meeting and welcoming you into our home. Hoping to see you soon!!!