Private bedroom in creative bohimian apt in the heart of the east village.
The Manhattan apartment:
- Apartment is set of the road so SUPPER QUITE as far as NYC street noise goes(almost like you are not in the East village). I can leave the windows open in the spring and autumn without being disturbed by street noise which is great.
- Laundry facilities in the front of the building, drop off or self serve.
- Free wifi throughout apartment
- Hardwood floors throughout apartment
- True two bedroom apt, we are the ENTIRE TOP FLOOR, one bathroom - bathroom is small - it is NYC after all - this is also a pre war building - I chose it because it has character but it is also not the newest - I love it - But some past guests have had a problem with the bathroom - old tub and small. If you are looking for all marble luxury spacious tub I am not the place for you - but if you are looking for a truly bohemian creative comfortable space you will love it ....
- Fully equipped kitchen (microwave, toaster, gas oven, coffee machine, fridge freezer, etc)
- No cigarette smoking in the apartment, but fine if you want to smoke in the private garden courtyard area outside (shared garden for the three apts in the building). I also have a hookah which you are more than welcome to use.
- Third floor walk up.
- The apt is filled with lots of original art and if I say so myself just has a really cool vibe :)
Please be aware that this is a NYC apt and may not be as quite as big apt's in other cities, by NYC standards the apt is a great space with almost a country vibe, wooden rafters, exposed brick fire place looking out onto trees on both sides. A homely home.
- Fully Furnished bedroom (Queen-size bed ,Chair, Mirror).
- Air conditioning & Central Heating
- High-speed Wifi
- Large Room for NYC (12 ft x 15 ft), has two windows looking out onto trees
- All bedding (sheets, pillows, comforter), bath towels provided
- Visitors guide/s to NYC will be available for you to borrow during your stay.
- I am more than happy to make recommendations of some of my favorite places in the neighborhood and city, I am passionate about the east village and NYC.
FILM / MOVIE / PHOTO SHOOTS
The space is available in 12hr day blocks for $450 per day please contact me for availability / booking.
-The apartment is in a great location for visiting NYC.
It is the fun neighborhood that everyone comes to because it is filled with affordable cool and trendy restaurants, cafes, bars, clubs, shopping, yoga studios,coffee shops, live music venues, and gyms. Pretty much anything you could want you can walk to.
If you want to venture out of the east village you will be in walking distance of Thompson Square Park, Lower East Side, SoHo, NoHo, West Village, Bowery, Greenwich Village, Union Square, Gramacy Park, China Town, Little Italy, and Washington Square Park.
You are a few blocks away from N,R,W,L,6,F,V subway lines that will connect you to anywhere in the city. Numerous bus options available.
- Early 30's gay male professional, teacher, originally from South Africa
Really laid back down to earth kinda guy, like my home to be a home.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or inquiries, book today to secure this great room.
Zugang für Gäste
Common area / Kitchen Bathroom and private room.
• No smoking. You can smoke in the common garden outside. Except for hookah.
• No pets.
• You have full use of kitchen, bathroom, living room and can store your things in the cupboards/fridge.
• If other guests are coming or going on the same day check out from the room is 11 am and check in is 3pm. I am super flexible with this if no one needs the room it is all yours. We will discuss this when you book. You can still leave your things and use the apartment before or after this time as long as you respect the other guests.
• You are more than welcome to use my spices for cooking but if you take more of my food/drinks please replace with something of similar value.
• Bring your own shampoo/conditioner. There is a pharmacy right across the street should you need or forget anything.
• In general, there is NO sleeping on the couch (like if you are 2 friends who don't want to share the bed). There is always an extra air mattress option instead. The reason is that I avoid using the kitchen and living room while a guest is sleeping there and that is a big inconvenience, it also does not make for the best sleep if I am trying to make breakfast and guest is asleep on the couch. Sorry about that. Possibly you could use the couch for an extra cost if you ask in advance, but I really try to avoid that.
• We have to recycle garbage so put containers of plastic, tin and glass next to the bin under the sink I will take them out.
• Most importantly, I want my guests to feel at home!
I am here if you have any questions please just ask.
Terms of your rental:
1. Smoking is allowed outside only.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth in your reservation and stipulated in your total guest count may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest. Guests are not allowed to exceed the occupancy limit agreed to in your reservation.
3. Guests should not create excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors; Code-enforced neighborhood quiet hours are from 10:00p.m. – 8:00a.m.
4. All of the units are privately owned, and or rented; the owners and the renter Jason Relph are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners, and Jason Relph are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
5. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
6. Only use appliances for their intended uses
7. Rental is for the specified dates and number of guests as outlined in your reservation through Airbnb.
By booking guests agree to the terms listed above.
My partner and I live in the apt and are happy to help you with any local recomendations.
- I am a laid back South African, professionally a teacher, been between NYC and FL for the last twelve years.
Really like my home to be a home and want you to feel as comfortable as possible here to.
Other than that love to go on adventures and travel, create art, drink good wine, eat good food, and be in nature.