Our flat is exceptionally well-located! It's on the Piccadilly Line, the same Underground line that serves many of London's top attractions and is truly close to the tube station. The single bedroom is warm & cosy (maximum 3 people), the living room sleeps another two. We are experienced family hosts and provide warm hospitality.
• Two minutes walk to Underground Station
• 20 minutes by Piccadilly Line train to central London
• Warm, family hospitality
• Help yourself to tea, coffee for breakfast (Completely Self-service)
Staying with us would feel more like a homestay rather than a B&B. We've got 10 years' experience hosting visitors from around the world via other websites. We have two children aged 12 and 15. They are also experienced hosts and will be happy to help and guide you. We also have two cats that live outside.
Our flat is on the ground floor of a Victorian era house on a quiet, residential street 2 minutes walk from the Underground. It's important for you to note that you are being hosted by our family, and that we don't operate like a private hostel. You will be sharing the house with us and our other guests.
A small, bright bedroom that you share with family paraphernalia has an extra-wide single bed (105cm wide) . The single bed can sleep two average size people comfortably. There is also a futon bed in the room that you can use for an extra person or to put your suitcases on. Don't expect the same standard as a private room in a hostel, but it will be clean, comfortable and relatively private. Suitable for two people and three at a stretch. The room is a single room, 4.3m x 2.1m.
There is a also a futon available in the LIVING ROOM and this is the space for extra people because the room is small. So if you are a group of 3 or 4 people, two can sleep in the living room on the double futon.
The living room has light coming in from 05:00 in summer; please remind us to set-up a temporary curtain if you expect that this will bother you.
The living room accommodation is rented separately so you may be sharing the house with our family and other guests.
---What to expect---
You will be staying in a lived in family home, so it helps to not expect anything near pristine. We keep it clean, we love having people stay and we are interested in getting to know you and have you experience what it's like to be with a family.
None of the bedroom doors has a lock so if this is a concern for you please take your valuables when you go out. We cannot take responsibility for them.
You have use of our garden and wireless broadband, and free parking spaces are available within an easy walk.
• We are quite easy going but please also refer to the House Rules.
• Smoking is permitted in the garden.
• Fresh towels and bedlinen are provided: though un-ironed.
• Breakfast is not included. Please help yourself to hot drinks at any time during the day.
• No meals included. (Sorry we have to say this) If you come back at our mealtime and would like to join us please show your capacity to share and get something for the table.
---Travelling times Underground & Train---
• Bounds Green Underground station, Piccadilly Line (Zone 3): 2 minutes walk
• Primark Clothing Store-Wood Green Station: 10 minutes
• Kings Cross Station: 20 minutes
• Eurostar-St Pancras Station: 30 minutes
• Oxford Street, the British Museum, Trafalgar Square areas: 30 minutes
• City Of London i.e. financial district, Moorgate Station: 30 minutes
• Natural History, Science, Victoria & Albert Museums, South Kensington Station: 45 minutes, direct train trip.
• Westfield Shopping Centre, Westfield Station: 40 minutes.
• Taxi (minicab) fare from central London to house is £30. Ask us for the phone number so that you can order the taxi when you need it.
Bounds Green is a pleasant and quiet neighbourhood, and due to its easy access to London Underground's Piccadilly Line, it will take you 30 minutes from our front door to Piccadilly Circus. The museums in South Kensington are also on the Piccadilly Line as are other popular spots like Trafalgar Square, British Museum and Covent Garden.
There are well-stocked grocery stores nearby, along with many take-aways and two pubs. If you like cafes, ice-creams and browsing, buses 102 and 299 will take you to nearby Muswell Hill, and if you like parks and stunning views across London we are twenty minutes’ walk to Alexandra Palace.
• Up to three guests can be accommodated in the bedroom itself; two on the large single bed and one on the futon.
• There's also the option for additional guests to use a double futon in the open plan living room/kitchen of our family home if it has not been booked separately. Please ask if you need to use this space.
• The guest room is small (4.30m x 2.10m), and the house is small too by USA/Australian standards.
• In the last 10 years we've hosted people from S.Korea, Hong Kong SAR PRC, India, Czech Republic, Chile, Uruguay, Scotland, Ireland, France, Italy, Spain, USA, Germany, Argentina, Finland, Uzbekistan, Poland, Greece, Turkey, Iceland, Hungary, Belgium, Russia, Thailand, Greece, Brazil, Venezuela, Lithuania, Morocco, Portugal, Norway, Algeria, Estonia, Japan, Indonesia, Croatia, Malaysia.
• We welcome diversity in culture, religion, sexual orientation and opinions, amongst others.
• Reliable Wifi: 30 mbs down/5 mbs up with good streaming & video conference performance.
Zugang für Gäste
Shared living room
Kitchen for simple preparations
Shared bathroom and toilet
Interaktion mit Gästen
We live here and are happy to guide guests through their itinerary. Tea/coffee provided (fully self-service; we don't wait on you) and we are happy to answer questions while you have your tea or coffee.
We enjoy interaction with guests, but cannot promise to be on hand to be available when you are.
Language practice with our children cannot be expected either!
Weitere wichtige Infos
You are staying in a family home! It's lived-in, modest, and there is definitely nothing hi-spec about about place. So if you expect a pristine, well-serviced rental, you will not find it ideal. Access to tea & coffee is self-service, so please make your own. But our place is warm, it is cosy and you are in good hands!
• General-This is a family home and we ask you to treat it gently and be considerate to us, as we will be to you.
• Who else will be in the house? You will be sharing the house with us (4 people) and any guests who have booked our other listings.
If you're a group of 3 upwards, you are likely be sharing with us only (we will not take another booking).
Note again that we ask you to be considerate about the bathroom;-)
• Living Room is shared - Come join us in the living room; have tea, chat, relax. The door might be closed to prevent sounds from coming out; just open the door and come in. If a guest is sleeping on the futon in the living room we ask you to let them have their privacy between 23h00 to 08h30.
* Waiver of Liability-We ask our guests to accept responsibility for their own safety throughout their time with us. This is mainly due but not limited to to the fact that we have access to a backyard with uneven ground and a trampoline. We ask you to be be sensible and take responsibility for the safety of everyone in your group and we take your reservation as your acceptance of this condition.
• Tidying Up-We include a small cleaning fee only and so we expect our guests to keep their room or sleeping area reasonably tidy. This also means clearing up plates after you have served yourself breakfast.
• Passport Verification-Please don't be offended if we ask for your passport to photocopy. This is for our peace of mind.
• No Smoking-We don't smoke and would ask that you smoke outside in the garden only.
• No Pork-No pork in the house/fridge please.
• When time permits, we sometimes cook and eat with our guests. We will take payment for meals on the day before you leave.
You are welcome to use the kitchen for simple preparations, heat and eat.
• Extra Visitors-No extra visitors without arrangement.
• Clothes Washing-Please ask before using the washing machine or dryer. There is also a laundromat near us.
• Post-Do not use our address for receiving post. We have already had a problem with a bank assuming that a loan taken out by a guest was ours.
• Internet Abuse-Please don't use the internet for illegal purposes. The authorities in the UK are particularly sensitive to a) downloads that breach copyright ; b) hacking; c) terrorism d) child pornography.
Dieser Gastgeber hat 10 Bewertungen für andere Unterkünfte.Andere Bewertungen ansehen
We are a family of four and have been living in London for the last 20 years. We are committed to learning, raising ourselves, and realising the inter-connectedness of being in this wonderful planet.
The idea of making connections and friendships with people from other parts of the world appeals to us and we have made many friends from around the world through hosting.
We sometimes take on Meet and Greet work for other hosts, help coordinate their guests, provide support and help hosts make the most of their listings; when asked we also help other hosts become better hosts. Zaza does a specialised check-in service for a handful of hosts that require a trusted and reliable person to be there for their guests.
We love blue skies, camping, beaches, making art, reading and travelling. We love cooking, making bread, learning to cook new things from our guests, and teaching them too.
We both work from home so we're around most of the day.