A restored beach house on Armona Island, a car-free holiday destination, with Portuguese bars and restaurants and shops on a sandy island. Our house has 3 bedrooms, a large indoor living area, a covered terrace and a roof terrace. The house is equipped to a high specification enjoying a unique position on the island not overlooked but with spectacular views of beach and nature reserve from roof terrace. Not your average beach house as reflected in the photos...
Our 3 bedroom beach house is less than 50 metres from the beach. Please ignore the map location - we are 3 houses from the beach!
Inside the house you will find 3 double bedrooms, one en suite (with bath, shower, two hand basins, toilet & bidet), a family shower room, plus a large living / dining / kitchen area. Beds range from 160cm to a standard double. We provide good quality linen, bathroom towels and beach towels and all bedrooms and the main living area are fan cooled. Most of our guests return on an annual basis and cite the reason for their return being the comfort and quality of the furnishings including the kitchen which has every small appliance one could want, mixer, orange squeezer, liquidiser, bread maker, wok, good quality crockery & cutlery making cooking a pleasure with the fabulous fresh fish and fruit markets only a ferry ride away. The house has unlimited mobile wifi (Internet), satellite TV (freeview), CD player, plus a selection of books.
Outside there is the covered terrcae with dining table and 6 chairs, sink, built in bar-b-que and additional fridge. The front patio has a small mosaic table and chairs to catch the morning sun with your cup of coffee. By the side gate is an additional shower and separate tap to get rid of sand when returning from the beach. The roof terrace (accessed via a side gate and staircase)has two loungers and a relaxing chair which is a fantastic spot early in the morning or late afternoon as you lose the sun elsewhere.
Important to note is that our house has two large terraces and is not overlooked, which many of the other houses are. We would probably describe it as more suitable for older families/adult space as there are glass tables, African artifacts reflecting our time in South Africa and the stairs to the roof terrace.
Zugang für Gäste
During your stay our house is your house! All we ask is that you treat it as if it were your own.
If you stay longer than a week, we will offer you a short midstay clean and fresh bed linen.
Interaktion mit Gästen
We encourage guests to communicate with us before booking to ensure that the house meets their expectations. Guests are met and owners are on call at all times. As owners we value what guests have to say about the house and do everything possible to ensure their stay is as comfortable and enjoyable as can be.
To ensure you are adequately prepared, we send guests detailed notes on the house which includes local information, where to go, what to do, and what you should do at the end of your stay.
Weitere wichtige Infos
Armona itself is part of the Ria Formosa National Park, only a quarter of an hour from Faro airport. Only 40-60 of the 800 pretty beach houses are permanently occupied, which means, during low season, visitors pretty much have the island to themselves but the little supermarkets are rarely open. There is no cashpoint so be prepared.
When you first visit, shop lightly for just a day or two. Then, if you do plan to use our kitchen and bbq then take the wheeled trolley into Olhao using the scheduled ferry or water taxi and get fresh fish, meat and veg (mornings are the best time, and be back on the ferry at lunch time for a full day on the beach)
As hosts, we pride ourselves in making sure that guests enjoy our home and are always willing to consider improvements. Reviews to date have all been excellent. The house has a particular appeal to couples and adult friends, those with grown up children who will enjoy the roof terrace & two person kayak and those with younger children knowing they will be safe inside the gated property. Having said that, whilst we say the property may be suitable for young children, there are African artifacts in the house, glass tables and various other valuable items collected from our travels which one should be aware of. This may mean that such items are put out of reach of small children.
Lastly, as the majority of our bookings come through SimplyOwners, you may wish to read additional reviews there.
Lizenz- oder Registrierungs-Nummer
Erfahre mehr über diese Nummer
We expect guests to maintain the house as if it were their own and return it in the standard they found it
In addition the RENTER agrees to the following terms and conditions:
1. Check-in/out: Check-in - 3:00 pm on your reservation start date. Check-out - 11:00 am on your reservation end date. This allows time to properly clean the house. There are times when this can be varied and we will work to accommodate your flight arrival and departure times. Key pickup arrangements, where applicable, will be communicated before arrival.
2. Changeover day: We have no set changeover day thus enabling guests to take advantage of the best flight deals
3. Cleaning Service: A mid stay cleaning service can be arranged at a cost to the RENTER. A change of linen and towels will be provided on a weekly basis (not beach towels). Any cleaner will not wash dishes or remove rubbish from property, etc.
4. Noise Regulations: The house is located in a family-oriented area, offering privacy and tranquillity. Therefore, no loud partying is allowed, you should respect your neighbours. The RENTER’s stay may be terminated if this condition is not met.
5. Occupants: Maximum number of occupants is 6; no pets allowed; access will be refused or terminated if this condition is not met. The lead person who entered into the booking arrangement accepts that he/she must be present throughout the entire holiday stay.
6. Property Access: OWNER will have unrestricted access to the house as required. RENTER will be advised in advance if OWNER should need to access the property.
7. Security: Lock doors and close windows when you are away. Close shutters as an extra security measure if away overnight and to reduce heat. Double-lock the side gate at all times when going out; remember to bring the key with you; The RENTOR will be charged €30 if the OWNER must make a special trip to permit entry.
8. Breakages Deposit: The OWNER will reduce the breakages deposit refund: If there are any breakages or damages to the house or contents; if any contents are missing; if refuse is not removed; or if excessive cleaning post stay is required. RENTER will report any breakages or damages to the OWNER as soon as they occur so that they can be resolved for the next guest. The house and its contents must be left in the same clean and tidy standard as on arrival (e.g. dishes washed, all rubbish removed). For hygiene reasons, a wet bed will result in the RENTER being charged for a new mattress.
9. Self-Catering: Means RENTER to provide own groceries and household goods although OWNER will provide beach towels, some toilet paper, soap, shampoo and cleaning products. RENTER will use house furnishings and equipment in the same layout and configuration as on arrival.
10. Use of Kayak: Access to and use of kayak is entirely at OWNER’S discretion. The RENTER should take utmost care when transporting kayak to and from beach to avoid any damage.
11. Furniture: The furniture inside the property is not designed for external use and should not be taken outside on to the terrace. The furniture on the roof terrace must not be moved around and recliners should be returned to a horizontal position after use. The recliners on the roof terrace are tied down to avoid being blown away by the wind
12. Roof Terrace: RENTERS use the roof terrace at their own risk. There are separate glasses and dinner ware for use on the roof terrace. These are specifically for use on the terrace and not for the beach. There are other items in the kitchen area for beach use. Please do not bring chinaware and glasses up the stairs..
13. Smoking: No smoking inside house; please restrict smoking to the terraces. Damage from cigarette burns will be charged at full replacement cost to the RENTER.
14. Suntan Oils & Creams: Take care not to sit on any furniture (including recliners) and bedding when using these products as they are impossible to remove from upholstery; please use a towel on the external furniture if you have sun cream on and a throw when sitting inside on the furniture. Throws must be used if children are in the property. We appreciate your cooperation to maintain the high standard of the property for your next visit.
15. Toilets: We use a septic tank system on the island, as do all other houses, which means that no paper products of any kind can be put in the toilets, this includes toilet paper, baby wipes, sanitary ptroucts etc. Should the toilet get blocked up because of mis-use, a charge will be passed to the RENTER responsible.
16. Washing Machine: Liquid detergent must be used; Powder detergent will calcify, block the drain pipes and may cause flooding; Liquid detergent is available at all supermarkets.
17. Travel Insurance: The RENTER will ensure he/she has adequate Travel Insurance and a 24- hour emergency telephone number will be provided. The use of the accommodation and amenities are offered on the condition that they are used entirely at the RENTER’s own risk. The OWNER cannot accept responsibility for accidents, injuries, illness, death or loss or damage to RENTER’s property or belongings on or off the property, however caused. There is a safe in the house which we encourage guests to use.
18. Winter/Long-Stay Rentals: For Winter stays (Nov-Mar) or any long-stays in excess of a month, all utilities (electricity and gas) are charged to RENTER at cost and collected by OWNER or his/her agent.
19. Internet: Via DSL WiFi Device (router). It provides “Medium Speed” internet, dependent on the Internet Service Provider. It enables you to connect your own devices. Internet is on a self-service basis and assumes the usual level of technical capability to connect to WIFI.
Dieser Gastgeber hat 9 Bewertungen für andere Unterkünfte.Andere Bewertungen ansehen
I am Irish by birth, lived in South Africa for 23 years before moving to the UK. I now spend my time between Portugal, South Africa and UK. I love good weather, good food and wine and enjoy meeting new people on my travels.