Located on Guemes Island's idyllic West Beach, escape the hustle and bustle of the city and enjoy a picturesque sunset over Cypress Island. Equipped with a large beach side porch, this house is the perfect Pacific NW getaway!
Sleeping arrangements (sleeps 6 to 8):
* Master Bedroom with Queen size bed.
* Second Bedroom with two twin beds.
* Double Murphy bed upstairs.
* Twin air mattress
Kitchen & Dining:
* Kitchen is well stocked with pots, pans and cooking utensils.
* Refrigerator, dishwasher, range, oven, microwave, toaster, and coffee maker.
* Help yourself to anything in the pantry or fridge.
* Large dining table seats 8.
* Cable TV & WiFi are available for guests. We ask that guests do not stream shows/movies while staying as internet is still expensive on the island and we pay by the MB.
* Assortment of puzzles and games are available for your use.
* Flat-screen TV with VCR/DVD player is setup for use. An extensive video library is available to guests.
* Book library is available for guests with a take one, leave one policy.
* Bathroom with tub and shower downstairs, bathroom with shower upstairs.
* Full size washer and dryer in downstairs utility closet is available for use.
* Outdoor crab cooker available for guest use.
* Front porch (beach side) with chairs, lounge chairs, and tables.
* Large back yard is perfect for games (outdoor toys and games can be found in the shed).
* Propane grill on the front porch is available for use.
* Fire pit perfect for s'mores.
***NOTE: Fire pit use is subject to local burn ban restrictions.
***Water is supplied from a well. Some people do not like the taste of well water. Purified water can be purchased at any grocery store before coming to the island.
We do not have boats or kayaks available for use. The house is located on the Bellingham Channel, with depths up to 300', where strong currents are sometimes present. Guests are welcome to bring kayaks, but we do not recommend beginners kayaking too far from the shoreline (Cypress Island is much farther than it looks).
If you have any questions about kayaking or boating around Guemes Island, please send us a message and we will be happy to answer it.
Zugang für Gäste
Access to entire house and property except for the garage. There is a shed for guests on the property with a crab cooker and outdoor games for guest use.
Interaktion mit Gästen
The house is yours for you and your guests during your stay. Should something come up, we are readily available (on island) to help out, but will not be stopping by unless called.
Weitere wichtige Infos
Guemes Island Ferry Schedule: (URL HIDDEN)
Guemes Island operates its own, separate ferry leaving from Anacortes, WA. Please note that this ferry does not leave from the main San Juan Ferry Terminal. Ferry times listed are for Anacortes Departure times. The ferry can hold approximately 20-24 cars, depending on size, and can be incredibly busy on summer/holiday weekends.
Note: When you arrive at the ferry dock in Anacortes you will need to arrive early enough to go inside the ferry terminal to pay if using a credit card. Otherwise a ferry worker will collect your cash or check at your car window before boarding.
There is now a ferry cam (URL HIDDEN) to check the status of the line on either side. Ferry tickets are good for round-trip service to Guemes.
***If planning on going fishing/crabbing/clamming, a Washington State Fishing or Shellfish License is required. These can be purchased online (URL HIDDEN) or at most outdoor or hardware stores in WA.
We ask that visitors try to remember to their remove shoes when inside as this limits sand and dirt being tracked into the house.
Please conserve water. We have a limited supply by a well, so a quick shower is advised. Also our septic system can only handle toilet paper. Be sure to notice that the toilet has stopped running to conserve water. Thanks!