Über dieses Inserat
This house sleeps six and is a 15 minute walk to downtown & many BTV eateries and activities. 3 bedrooms sleep 4, plus a queen pull-out couch. You will enjoy the open living room and kitchen with W/D. Newly renovated, clean and colorful - all for your comfort!
NOTE: Monday, July 24 booking check in is at 6:00PM (NOT 3:00pm). This later check in is for 7/24 only.
You will find this dwelling clean, comfortable, uncluttered and welcoming!
This house, built in 1886, stands alone next to three others on a short block in the NE corner of Burlington’s Old North End and Hill Sections. Across the street is a tree filled cemetery. A leisurely walk through quaint city blocks will land you at the top of Church Street (.8 miles) and access to Burlington’s Waterfront Park (1.3 miles) and bike path.
In this home you have access to two floors with:
*A comfortable open living room containing a couch that opens into a queen size bed and a flat screen tv for movie viewing (no cable; a variety of DVDs provided)
*Mexican-tile-floor kitchen with a gas stove, new frig, Keurig for coffee or tea, dishwasher, microwave, and plenty of art-deco counter space
* A washer and dryer
* Blue bedroom contains a queen bed
* Brown bedroom with a single/twin bed
* Green bedroom with a single/twin bed
* 1 bathroom with a tub/shower (great water pressure!) on the second floor
* On the small back porch is a wicker chair set to sit in and enjoy your morning drink (spring, summer and fall)
The mattresses in all three bedrooms are either “real” or futons and are covered in 100% cotton or flannel sheets (depending on the season and your comfort). All bathroom linens are fresh and 100% cotton. Each room in the house offers beautiful light and fresh air (in summer months AC is available) and original art or famous prints.
The kitchen will take care of all your basic needs with: dishes and utensils, pots and pans, tea pot (with tea and local honey), Keurig coffee maker (with a variety of pods and cream), butter, oil and spices.
There is easy and fast Internet access, ample street parking right in front and a bus stop one house away on the corner, which will take you past UVM and downtown.
I have enjoyed meeting so many people from around the US and world! I welcome you to stay and enjoy all that Burlington and Vermont have to offer!
Zugang für Gäste
You have full access to the entire house (except for the basement) and to the front and back porches. Clean linens and towels are provided, along with soap, shampoo & conditioner, a hair dryer and first aid kit, laundry soap, iron and ironing board, cards and games, and free parking directly in front of the house and along the block.
Interaktion mit Gästen
I will help make your experience welcoming and comfortable. This house is completely private – it is yours to enjoy and rest in during your stay. I live right next door, so I’m easily available in person, by phone or text if needed. If you would like, I can greet you upon your arrival, if my work schedule allows. I am happy to share ideas for restaurants, local activities and road trips; which are also available in my house notebook.
Weitere wichtige Infos
1. This house is for non-smokers only; there is absolutely no smoking in or anywhere around the property. Also, no candles.
2. Unfortunately, I can not accommodate animals due to guest allergies.
3. There is one bathroom. You will be amazed to know that a family of 10 lived in this house with just a pull-chain toilet in the 1930's through 1950's. Now there is a flush toilet and a tub/shower!
4. A TV is available for movies (DVD selection provided), and there is free high-speed WiFi.
5. Quiet hours, per the City of Burlington ordinance, are between 10:00 PM and 7:00 AM.
6. This house is on the city bus route.
7. This rental is not available for parties or events.
8. There is a $75 cleaning charge.
See “Other Things to Note," including absolutely no smoking, no pets and no candles allowed.
* In wet and winter weather, please take off your boots and shoes inside the house, to keep your feet (and the floors!) dry and clean.
* BTV has a recycling law and blue bins are provided for this purpose.
* Please be clean and respectful of this house and its contents, including putting dishes in DW and starting prior to departure.
* Note: If there is any smoking in the house your security deposit will be revoked. This house has been smoke free for over 12 years which makes it nice for all visitors (with and without allergies), and it keeps bedding, towels and furniture fresh. Thank you for understanding.
Hello! Thanks for checking out my profile! I have lived in my house for 34 years and have owned my AirBNB site (twin house to mine, right next door) for 16 years. For 10 years I leased to college graduates and young professionals with great success. Now I’ve entered the AirBNB rental family after renovating the home, top to bottom!
If you'd like to book with me between the dates of March 1 - April 9, know that I will be in South Africa during this time. I have people caring for and watching over the house in my absence; it is all ready for visitors! But my response time may lag beyond the 24 hours that Airbnb likes, because my travels will take me to locations without wifi (and there's a 7 hour time difference). Still, with Instant Book you can see the availability and log in dates that you are interested in.
What else would you like to know about me? I enjoy working on creative house projects, which is evident throughout in my choice of color and collection of antiques and eclectic art. I have two part-time jobs as the Executive Director of a local non-profit (Puppets in Education) and at the UVM College of Medicine as a Standardized Patient (training and assessing medical and nursing students, EMTs and others in the health field). I am also mom to four grown children and a pastel artist in the Impressionistic vein (you will find my paintings in many rooms).
Although I don’t ski, I love living in and exploring Vermont; I also love to travel out of state, especially to National Parks. I am a non-smoker and always have been. I love to observe sunsets and constellations in the night sky. I am known for my baking treats!
I am truthful, responsible and respectful of others and leave places I have stayed as beautiful as I find them. I request the same of those who visit my home.