All-inclusive surfers getaway in Chacocente Wildlife Refuge. Ocean view at Playgrounds--one of the best and most-isolated waves in Nicaragua.
Includes: 3 meals per day plus snacks, a wide range of surfboards, transportation from airport, SUV & driver to visit other surf breaks, cities, and sites in Nicaragua, limited internet access.
Secluded Surf getaway at Playgrounds Surf Break in Chacocente Wildlife Refuge
$95/night per person ($665 per week)
If you are looking for the luxury of an infinity pool and fresh-pressed linens, the Surf Escape is not for you. But if you are looking for prime surfing (even some solo surf sessions on empty waves), immersion in wilderness, if you are happy crashing in one of our Eno hammocks or a loft bed after a long day of surfing with your friends (or like-minded strangers), and if you are looking for the best bargain for a surf camp, then come join us.
We are finally opening the camp to other surfers and are happy to accommodate those flying solo, but will give priority to group bookings. We have one bedroom: an open air thatched roof palapa with space for 4-6 guests. Shane and I are available as drivers and guides to show you our favorite spots (waves, wilderness, bars, and more).
After visiting Chacocente for the first time in August of 2014, we fell in love with miles of secluded beaches and tropical dry jungle. Being immersed in a wildlife reserve with few residents, chattering monkeys, lizards, and sea turtles nesting on the beach was the dream getaway for our adventurous group. And to top it off, a short walk away is exclusive access to Playgrounds, one of the top waves in Nicaragua.
During our first visit, the experience was barely a step above camping. We had the shelter of the palapa, but we had no shower, no toilet, no water, and no electricity. We wanted to preserve the wilderness immersion experience but add some amenities. So we built a small open-air kitchen with a grill and fridge, a shower, and an outhouse. We intend to add a small two-story thatched roof cabana. But for now, we are offering discounted rates for those looking for the more rugged experience.
So in summary, what we are offering our guests:
- Shelter: sleeping in loft beds or hammocks
- Food: we will prepare three meals per day plus snacks
- Amenities: shower, solar panels, & generator for electricity, refrigeration, wifi
- Surfboards: we have a variety of short boards, long boards, and funboards/fish. Surfboard included at no cost (additional security deposit required)
- SUV and Driver: We will pick you up and drop you off at the airport. Driver and vehicle available to visit other nearby waves and a night trip into Granada.
- Playgrounds: This wave is considered one of the top 5 waves in Nicaragua. Best of all, it’s deemed ‘boat access only' due it being isolated in wildlife refuge. But you will be a short walk away from this way. We often surf alone at this spot. Send us and a message we’ll provide you with more details about this the wave.
Interaktion mit Gästen
I intend to spend my time surfing (about twice a day), mostly at Playgrounds but also exploring surf breaks up and down the coast. In between sessions and swells I plan to trek through the jungle and spend occasional nights in Granada or Nicaragua's hidden gems. I've traveled the world and all over the US, love to explore and have a good time. I'll be making the most of this beautiful country and invite guests to join.
My colleague Shane and I will guide and socialize with guests when appropriate, but we can also simply cater to guests and give guests space when appropriate or when asked.
Contact us with any questions.
(Noch) keine Bewertungen
Diese Unterkunft hat noch keine Bewertungen. Wenn du sie buchst, wird deine Bewertung hier erscheinen.
I live in Boston and will be attending UMass Medical School this upcoming August. I'm planning on traveling from March-July. I also have a little all-inclusive surf getaway in a wildlife refuge in Nicaragua.