A western style, modern, designer studio with a full kitchen, WIFI, queen size bed + couch-bed, quiet split a/c, washer/dryer, etc.
15 minutes walk from central/IFC mall, 4 mins from tram, 7 minutes from MTR, 15 minutes from the party district (LKF)
I was searching for a long time for a good apartment when I moved to Hong Kong - I had quite high needs in terms of quality, amenities, space, kitchen, bathroom - and finally I found this one, meeting my needs completely. I also used to spend a lot of time in it, bought all the small items I was missing so hopefully I made it as convenient as any well equipeed, top quality home.
Nowadays I'm traveling a lot so most of the time I cannot stay there but I'm trying to provide at least the same level of hospitality I expect during my travels - hopefully this is high enough for everyone's needs and makes your whole experience as convenient and enjoyable as possible.
The apartment is 37 sqm in a studio setting but the living area can be separated by a moveable glass wall from the sleeping one, each having a separately controllable, quiet, split A/C which can do both cooling and heating.
- one queen sized bed (180x150 cm), in the sleeping area
- one sofa-bed which opens to a 200x140 cm bed, in the living area; a note that the pictures still contain the simple sofa, the sofa-bed is quite similar (a new IKEA one).
- two, single inflatable mattresses
I'd say that the place is quite convenient for up to 3 people and can serve up to 6 - in the latter case it will be a bit crowded of course.
I used to cook a lot so you'll find most of the things needed for not-that-special western style cooking - and I think for oriental style as well. (please handle the knives with care, usually they're quite sharp).
You can use everything you find in the flat, I try to make sure that there's coffee, tea, sugar, salt, etc. and enough replacements from towels, toilet papers and other essentials; I also choose not to empty the fridge completely, I would consider it to be a waste to throw out all the still fresh or essential things from it; the wine is for you, please enjoy it.
I hope I've mentioned everything but feel free to ask and hope you'll have a good time here!
Zugang für Gäste
The door works with a code therefore you can check-in 24 hours but in case you arrive after 11pm, you will need to ring the bell so that the guard will open the gate. I'm usually also flexible with the check-in and check-out times but please do verify it with me if you plan not to fit-in to the specified times as there might be limitations - like other guests.
There are two lifts serving the building but please note that you have to climb the stairs to the first floor, the lifts start from there.
There is also a 24 hours security guard service in the building.
Interaktion mit Gästen
The reason I'm renting the place out is that I'm travelling but let's say 50% of the time I'm close - like in Shenzhen - so I can be there in a few hours, in other cases I'm almost always reachable in a few minutes during emergencies and the maids performing the cleaning can help in anything where remote help is not enough.
Honestly, I cannot really imagine any situation where this would not be enough or my personal presence would be essential, so far I was able to satisfy all the needs remotely.
The usual ones, nothing special:
- please do not smoke inside
- the usual "say that you're my friend" thing - no need to complicate things mentioning Airbnb but so far no one asked any questions and I don't think that anyone will
- if you break something then please notify me so that I can arrange its replacement as soon as possible
- please switch off the A/C when you leave the apartment, it takes only a few minutes for them to make the apartment cool/warm again
- don't be too loud, light a fire, throw things out from the window, leave smelly, rotting garbage inside, throw big parties, etc. - just the common sense
I work in the software industry, moved to HK recently and right now trying to concentrate more on exploring this part of the world therefore my flat becomes empty quite often and it would be a waste not to offer such a good place for others :)