Antwort von Karla And Phil:
As we said in our message to you, we are sorry that you were unhappy with the conditions when you arrived at our house in December. We went up the day after you left and have addressed the issues you’ve complained about as you can see in our notes below. Our house is checked before the arrival of guests, and we will be most diligent to see that it is better prepared in the future.
1. Water Pressure - We have corrected the low water pressure in the downstairs bathroom. A minor issue was causing the problem and we have fixed it. We changed out the filters and the pressure is now fine in the downstairs shower and sink. The upstairs shower and sink have been checked and the water pressure there is fine, too.
2. The internet service in the middle of the woods is a moderate bandwidth, and most people find it sufficient for a get-away-from -it all house. There are times it needs to be restarted (unplugged and plugged back in) and we will make sure future guests have these instructions. Thank you for pointing this out.
3. There should not have been any perishables leftover in the refrigerator, and we are sorry that there were. We will be sure this is not the case in the future. We do feel that it is okay to leave condiments in the refrigerator door, which guests are free to use. We don’t see a problem with keeping food in the freezer. This is our house, not a hotel, so we like to have some foods we can rely on when we go up.
4. No one has ever complained about the toiletries, but we see your point, and we have put our things away so guests will have plenty of room for their toothbrushes, shampoo, razors, etc.
5. We’re sorry there was no firewood, we will do a better job of keeping it stocked, and will supply at least two bundles of firewood for new guests, in the winter.
6. One window sash (not the glass) is broken, but it is properly closed. There are around 25 other windows in the house that open perfectly. These give a beautiful view of the outdoors and we’re sorry that you chose to focus on the one window that would not open, rather than enjoy the nature. The broken string on the blind has been repaired.
7. Very sorry about the toys in the tv area. We will make sure this does not happen again. Since your visit, we did a thorough clean up of the games/toy closet. Many people appreciate the games and toys, and now they are more easily accessed as they are tucked neatly away in the closet.
We really do care about making our home a welcoming place for guests, so we resolve to do a better job at having everything clean and ready for each group of guests. You didn’t mention the comfy beds, the abundance of clean towels, and the beautiful setting that many of our guests have enjoyed. However, we appreciate your feedback, which is one of the reasons we sent you the partial refund off of your rental, and we apologize again about the condition of the house when you arrived. Best wishes to you.