It comes as no surprise that Simone and her family have made no mention whatsoever of the badly burnt Oregon floor boards, nor that (contrary to her assertion) the appliances were in perfect working order. The wooden floor was the main issue and the reason for their barrage of grossly exaggerated claims, made purely to mitigate the serious damage caused. I only responded to their incessant stream of messages (complaints) subsequent to their having burned the floor boards. I did not stoop to the occasion concerning their grossly emotive comments and merely responded to each item raised, i.e. loose 'electrical' wires that were in fact harmless Telkom wires that are occasionally connected by guests. When I mentioned the rat incident to friends who live in the area they were highly amused as the area is not "infested", and I explained the circumstances. Neither neighbour has a swimming pool and when they put rat poison down in winter, the rodents come to my property to drink water after having eaten poison.
I can overlook the guests' abominable behaviour, which does not bode well for other hosts. A discerning person can see through it. However, I take huge exception to their claiming that I intimidated the children, as I never went near their children. This indicated that these guests will stop at nothing to discredit a host. I will forward the quotations for the burnt floor to the guests and I hope they have the decency to also pay the invoice from Holland Electrical. Their inspection was undertaken purely due to their complaint, but was found to be spurious, and the result of incorrect use of the appliances.