Charming home away from home on a quiet street. Walking distance to downtown, 2 min walk to SMU & 5 min walk to Dalhousie. Very close to beautiful Public Gardens, Pt Pleasant Park, grocery, coffee shops, restaurants, waterfront & more. Welcome home.
Great home, great part of the city. Our home is architecturally designed and has a total of three floors, with beautiful front and back gardens with a porch on the front and a back patio with BBQ and outdoor dining. It's ideally situated and very close to Halifax's Point Pleasant Park and is very close to downtown by foot or by car, and the highway to get to the airport or other parts of Nova Scotia, like beautiful ocean beaches and lakes.
On the main floor, you can enjoy the living room with super comfortable leather couches and art from around the world, a kitchen with an espresso machine (yes!), dining room, and back patio. Upstairs is one guest room, and downstairs is another. A full bathroom is available for guest use on the main level (house is three levels, so bath is in the middle or main).
Our house is very cyclist and sports friendly. We can hook you up for mountain or road bike rides, and we can connect you to the arts and theatre scene too. A solid network of great people, we have.
You must like animals and not be allergic, as we have two cats, a huge Maine Coon (he's still a baby at2w years, and LOVES to play with aluminium foil balls), and a more mature female cat, who is much more mellow in nature.
Ideally located, the house is close to Halifax's main multi-use trail (walking, jogging, biking, strolling). Bus stop is very close by, and there is room for on-street parking. It's a quick ride (5 min by car) to the downtown core of Halifax (less than 2km), and is within walking distance to sports facilities, the universities (Dal & SMU), Point Pleasant Park, Public Gardens, boutiques, health clinics, banks, pharmacies, restaurants, coffee shops, and grocery store.
We live in the house and we keep it clean and orderly. We would like you to keep it that way too.
You'll have a private room in either space (large 450 sq-foot Guest Suite #1 downstairs from main level or Bedroom #2 upstairs from main level) to enjoy while you stay with us. You would have to like our friendly, playful, but shy (he's still a "youth" and getting used to new people) cat (dog-cat), and more mature mellow chubby feline who is also friendly, and will love you forever for food! You'll have access to have wireless internet.
Both guest spaces have queen sized beds with new queen mattresses, and doors that close off spaces to make them your personal space. We offer Guest Suite #1 first to guests, as it is an entire suite with more privacy away from main living area - with full-size couch, armchair, dresser, teak desk, teak Queen-size murphy bed with new mattress, closet, and a fridge around the corner. A portable heater too, as you may want your personal space warmer that we like the home!
GREAT deck / garden areas to enjoy as well.
Pricing for rooms: each room is full price as listed in the "price" field of the listing. An additional person for each bedroom is $20 extra as listed in the "additional person" field of the listing.
Example #1: Three people book and want both rooms. Two people stay in one room, one on another. For the room with two people, it is $Full price + $20 (for the additional person). For the other queen room with the third person, it is $Full price.
Example #2: Two people book, but want separate rooms. It is $Full price for each room, or $Full price per person.
Example #3: Two people book, but want to share a queen bedroom. It is $Full price for the room plus and $20 for the second person.
I speak English, French, and... :), and we really enjoy cross-cultural exchanges and experiences. Welcome to Urban Oasis.
Zugang für Gäste
Guests have access to wifi, and common living areas are shared (living room, dining room, kitchen). Guests are welcome to enjoy the back yard oasis. As well, there is a fridge by the Guest suite on the bottom floor for guest food. The furnace room is not an area of access, except to re-set modem and access fridge.
Interaktion mit Gästen
If you have any questions, we'll be pleased to help you get to know our lovely city. We welcome conversation, but also respect your desire to "do your own thing." We're always around during guest stay, either during the day or the evening, so although you will have a private living area, we share the home with our guests.
Weitere wichtige Infos
We have two cats that we love :)
We're a shoes off at the door home.
We'll be glad to help you enjoy the most of our city once you tell us what you're looking to do.
We're happy to brew a pot of coffee for you in the morning.
We're happy to share a fridge downstairs next to Guest Suite #1 for your food, and the kitchen on the main floor for cooking if you so choose.
We respect, and expect the same.
We love our city and hope you do too!
Hi, and thank you for your interest in the Urban Oasis.
Welcome to our home. We hope you like it as much as we do.
Our home has an open flow, and we're delighted to share it. If you're the type of person(s) looking for an experience that is entirely private with no host interaction, this is not the home you're looking for. We interact with our guests a little or a bit more, but respect the other's space :)
Please see below for some standard house rules so that you and we can enjoy our Urban Experience:
- Mutual respect of each other, home, contents, critters (the cats).
- Shoes off at door, we have hardwood and handmade rugs. You can enjoy their texture through socks and slippers.
- No smoking.
- No pets. We already have two.
- All doors locked before exiting the home.
-Triage and empty your own garbage from bedroom, bath, and food areas. We have strict garbage, recycling, and composting By-Laws in Halifax to make it a green city!
- 3 guests maximum (two queen size beds in two separate rooms, pricing is per room). Mature professionals and students preferred. Please see scenarios in description for pricing.
- When you leave a room, please turn off all the lights, fans, heaters, stereo, etc.
- Please leave home in the same (or better) shape as when you arrived. We don't charge a cleaning fee, and you'll find cleaning supplies under the bathroom sink and under the kitchen sink, broom, mop by fridge.
- Please strip bed linen when leaving and leave by the laundry (pillow cases, fitted mattress sheet, top sheet).
- Bathroom: please use bathroom fan when taking a shower, leave running for 10 minutes after, and please wipe down surfaces from excess water, so the next person doesn't have to enter a splashy birdbath ;) Hang floor mat & bath towels to dry so they don't get that "funky" smell.
- Kitchen: wash dishes and replace in cupboards. There's room in the fridge for your food too if you choose to eat in.
- No candles or other fire. Ensure all appliances are turned off (oven, stove). Please unplug coffee machine after use.
- It's a green house: so garbage goes in garbage (under sink in kitchen and bins in each bedroom). Outside the side door you'll find a plastic blue bin with two bags: paper in one (including newspaper, magazines, receipts, cardboard, milk cartons), and plastic, metal, and glass all together in another bag. Compost: all left-over food (incl. meat) goes in big green bin outside the side door.
- Please be mindful of our neighbours. We have fantastic neighbours that like us, and we'd like to keep it that way. Loud noise should be avoided.
We request of all guests to sign a liability waiver, releasing me and the property owner from all potential future claims associated with your use of the property. We will email it to you. Please sign and bring signed copy when you arrive.
Basically, please keep clean. Respect. Trustworthy. Friendly.
We hope you enjoy our Urban Oasis as much as we do. We look forward to meeting you.