Tucked away on a quiet little estate with a big fields, yet a mere 5 mins walk to the busy Cenang Beach, indulge in the timelessness of a 130-year old Malay cottage, well restored and exquisitely furnished for a luxurious romantic escape!
Welcome to the Love Shack, a well-restored 130-year old Malay village house, which has the historic distinction of being the former home of a family closely related to Mahsuri, the central legendary figure of Langkawi lore. In fact the house was originally sited in Ulu Melaka and was moved to Pantai Cenang in later years. The home has been lovingly restored to retain the best of traditional Malay architectural features, such as good ventilation, high ceilings and artistic flair, yet thoroughly refurbished with luxurious touches and the best of creature comforts for a perfect tropical romantic escapade! To sweeten the deal, you will have an exclusive discount of 20% on our popular Sunset Dinner Cruise, as well as competitive prices on other optional tours, car/bike rentals and more.
The house is tucked away on a quiet little estate with a large space all around it, yet a mere 5mins walk to the busy Cenang Beach. There is a neat gravel driveway leading up to the house. The house consists of 3 main areas, the spacious bedroom area which consists of the entire interior of the original house, and is elevated on stilts, the exquisitely designed kitchen and bathroom area behind the house, and the breezy verandah in front of the house. There is a pergola on one side of the house, with space for outdoor dining, and 2 sun chairs in front of it.
A very large bedroom incorporating the entire original interior of the house. Hardwood floors, and spacious high ceiling with exposed hand-jointed beams give the room a warm romantic ambience. The room is equipped with:
- Queen-sized bed with 2 overhead reading lights. Mattress is chiropractic Doctor approved comfort.
- Pull-out double bed couch
- 40" flat screen smart TV on swinging brackets to watch anywhere in the room. Access to Netflix for your entertainment.
- Large stereo with Bluetooth and remote control
- Writing Desk with fantastic view of the field outside
- 1Mb/s WiFi internet connection (best-effort basis)
We present you with a full ultra modern signature kitchen with a full size stainless steel fridge, microwave, 2 burner electric cooker and hot water sink. All utensils are supplied, including a coffee and tea bar. All glasses and cups, plates and bowls are also provided. A great kitchen to prepare your holiday meals. Shopping is a 5 minute walk away.
A high-end ‘hotel‘ bathroom, fully stone-tiled, with Langkawi granite counters, make up mirror, hair dryer, and a very large glass enclosed shower. The shower is equipped with a large rain shower as well as a hand held shower. Hot water tank and an electric water pressure pump ensures you will enjoy soothing long hot showers!
The verandah has 2 daybeds each with a wall-mounted fan, mosquito trap, and ceiling lights overhead. Great for just lounging and enjoying the view, a refreshing siesta, or reading your favourite book, day or night. Also on the balcony are 2 armchairs and a coffee table, perfect for morning coffee or tea, or cocktails while watching the spectacular tropical sunsets which occur directly in front of the verandah!
The love shack also has a covered outdoor dining room with table and 4 chairs. This area has a rock feature wall with waterfall and an outdoor shower. Great to cool off during suntanning or washing off after the beach. It also has 2 suntanning lounge chairs.
If the Love Shack is unavailable for the dates you wish to book, you may also take a look at our other listing, the Shakin' Shack, a spacious bungalow nearby perfect for groups of up to 10, but also available for booking of individual rooms. Links to listings below:
- The Shakin' Shack (https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/18759502)
- Master Bedroom (https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/18777702)
- Second Bedroom (https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/18778340)
- Third Bedroom (https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/18786623)
Zugang für Gäste
Guests have access to the entire house and the facilities provided within it, the pergola outside and parking spaces. The other houses within the compound are out of bounds. Free WiFi access is available. Please note that the stability and up-time of the internet connection is BEYOND OUR CONTROL, and is in the hands of the service provider.
Interaktion mit Gästen
Either us your hosts, or someone from our staff will be on hand to welcome you and check you in, give you a house briefing, and to see you off at check-out. We live in a house just across from you, and when we are home and available, we would love to have you over for some drinks and a chat. If you prefer to have your own privacy, we respect that too.
Weitere wichtige Infos
- The Love Shack is ideal for couples looking to enjoy a break from city life or for a romantic getaway. While ideally set up for 2 persons, our sofa turns to queen size bed if you wish to accommodate 2 more persons.
- We provide cleaning & linen services once a week. If you need fresh towel & linens, special cleanings, shopping assistance (for supplies), please let us know. We are happy to accommodate as much as we can.
- We stock up bread, butter & jam, eggs, fruits, coffee, tea for breakfast, and beer, cans of soda, mineral water in your fridge. They are complimentary from us.
- We are a licenced travel agent and we also operate a well-known yachting business, offering breathtaking cruises on our yachts as well as other travel services you might require. As our guests, you will have a special discount of 20% on our popular Sunset Dinner Cruise.
- We can also provide airport transfers, subject to availability, and at price to be agreed upon. If you are lucky, I might even pick you up in one of my head-turning VW Kombis! Kindly discuss with us at time of booking.
- The stability and up-time of the internet connection here in Langkawi has a notorious tendency to fluctuate, and is at the mercy of the service provider, Telekom Malaysia, as well as the weather. Please let us know immediately if you are experiencing problems with the connection so that we can get Telekom Malaysia to try and rectify it.
- Similarly, please let us know if you are experiencing any issues with the electricity supply, or with any of the facilities, as soon as they happen, so that we can address the issue.
- With emphasis regarding the above 2 points, do let us know when issues arise, instead of only letting us know towards the end of your stay, writing a bad review or asking for a refund. We maintain a high standard of care, but do understand that despite best effort, sometimes unforeseen issues do arise.
- We follow strictly the number of guests booked. Any extra guests not included in the booking will be turned away.
- Please take off shoes at the entrance.
- Smoking are allowed only on verandah and outside dining area.
- No red wine, curry and durian inside the house, especially on the beds. You can consume them at the outside dining area or on the verandah.
- Please keep the main gate closed after dark.
- Do not play with aircon remote control unit.
- No pets allowed.
I am originally from Yukon, Canada but have lived on beautiful Langkawi since 1989. I live across from the Love Shack, with my Japanese wife, Ryoko.
I first came to Langkawi traveling Asia by bicycle. I then purchased a sailing yacht in this area, and started a charter business. A couple of yachts later, we now have a very popular charter business and travel agency here. The Love Shack is our latest project which I get involved in from scratch.
I love reading, sailing, camping, BBQ cooking, and meeting people. I also have a collection of VW Combi van, which I may come to pick you up at the airport when I am around. We quite often do beach BBQ with friends, as well as house party, taking terns with friends house.
Our team, who manages the Love Shack under my supervision, are friendly, experienced in the travel industry, and locals with local knowledge. They will offer you any assistance you may need during your holiday in Langkawi.