Über dieses Inserat
It's a double futon in our living room by the kitchen. It's a shared space, but nobody will come into the room while you're sleeping (privacy between 11 pm and 8 am).
Comfortable and warm; bedding provided. Tea and coffee available for self service breakfast.
ABOUT THE LISTING
Ideal if you need space for a couple of nights, this is a double futon in the living room of our family home. It sleeps two.
This is not a private space with kitchen attached, but just sleeping space! We need some time of our own during the day from around 11am to 4pm because our kids do their work in here (which includes LOUD drumming practice!). You can of course come in and out at any timeduring the day. You have privacy between 11:00 pm and 07:30 am.
Great access to Central London sights because we are so close to the Underground Station. The space is in our living/dining area and attached to our kitchen so it is only private between 23:00 and 07:30.
The living room is smaller than it looks in the above picture (4.5 x 3.8 m), because there is now a drum set in the room, but feels big because it is attached to the bright kitchen. It has great ambience and our guests have spent many happy hours in this space with us.
Ideal if what you want is a safe base in London and a family atmosphere to come home to. Meals are NOT included but we will be glad to talk about how sharing can work.
We only host here if we are fully comfortable with you (so a good request and adequate description on your profile helps).
The living room has light coming in from 05:00 in summer; please remind us to set-up a curtain if you expect that this will bother you.
---What to expect---
You will be staying in a lived in family home -- this is reflected in the price. You have to be realistic with your expectations and not expect anything near pristine. We keep it clean, we love having people stay and we are interested in getting to know you and have you experience what it's like to be with a family.
None of the bedroom doors has a lock so if this is a concern for you please take your valuables when you go out. We cannot take responsibility for them.
You have use of our garden and wireless broadband, and free parking spaces are available within an easy walk.
• We are quite easy going but please also refer to the House Rules.
• Smoking is permitted in the garden.
• Fresh towels and bedlinen are provided though they will not be ironed.
• Self-service breakfast. Bread, coffee/tea is always available. You need to prepare it yourself. Please clear away your things. Please help yourself to hot drinks at any time during the day.
• If joining us for meals that you haven't arranged in advance, please show your own capacity to share;-) seems obvious? Yup, the shops are 2 mins away. Please ask so we can tell you whether or not we are available at mealtimes on the day you would like to stay in.
---Travelling times Underground & Train---
• Bounds Green Underground station, Piccadilly Line: 2 minutes walk
• Primark Clothing Store-Wood Green Station: 10 minutes
• Kings Cross Station: 20 minutes
• Eurostar-St Pancras Station: 30 minutes
• Heathrow Airport (direct, 1 hour 15 minutes)
• Oxford Street, the British Museum, Trafalgar Square areas: 30 minutes
• City Of London i.e. financial district, Moorgate Station: 30 minutes
• Natural History, Science, Victoria & Albert Museums, South Kensington Station: 45 minutes
• Westfield Shopping Centre, Westfield Station: 40 minutes.
• Taxi (minicab) fare from central London to house is £30. Ask us for the phone number so that you can order the taxi when you need it.
Bounds Green is a pleasant and quiet neighbourhood, and due to its easy access to London Underground's Piccadilly Line, it will take you 30 minutes from our front door to Piccadilly Circus. The museums in South Kensington are also on the Piccadilly Line as are other popular spots like Trafalgar Square, British Museum and Covent Garden.
There are well-stocked grocery stores nearby, along with many take-aways and two pubs. If you like cafes, ice-creams and browsing, buses 102 and 299 will take you to nearby Muswell Hill, and if you like parks and stunning views across London we are twenty minutes’ walk to Alexandra Palace.
• Up to two guests can be accommodated in the open plan living room/kitchen of our family home if it has not been booked separately.
• Our house is small by USA/Australian standards.
• In the last 6 years we've hosted people from S.Korea, Hong Kong SAR PRC, India, Czech Republic, Chile, Uruguay, Scotland, Ireland, France, Italy, Spain, USA, Germany, Argentina, Finland, Uzbekistan, Poland, Greece, Turkey, Iceland, Belgium, Russia, Thailand, Greece, Brazil, Venezuela, Lithuania, Morocco, Portugal, Norway.
• We welcome diversity in culture, religion, sexual orientation and opinions, amongst others.
• Reliable Wifi: 20mbs down/1mbs up with good streaming & video conference performance.
1. If you're using the futon, it's possible that the room has been booked and so you are sharing the flat with us (family of 4) and other Airbnb guests.
2. The option of a home-cooked meal is available for £15.
4. From 07:30 in morning until 23:00 family members and our guests will be sharing the living room space with you.
Zugang für Gäste
Kitchen for quick preparations only
Interaktion mit Gästen
As much as they need if we are around, within reason!
Weitere wichtige Infos
We have cats that live outside and occasionally come in into the living room.
---Futon in Family Home----
• The Futon is in our living room and we'll be using the space throughout the day. We do expect that you go out most days, even for a few hours. This gives us all a break.
• We will respect your privacy between 11pm and 8.30 in the morning (unless we are awake playing board games and chatting with you).
This is a family home and we ask you to treat it gently and be considerate to us, as we will be to you.
• Who else will be in the house? You will be sharing the house with us (4 people) and any guests who have book our other listings. (Bedroom maximum 3 people, living room futon maximum 2 people)
• Tidying Up-We expect our guests to keep their room or sleeping area reasonably tidy. This also means clearing up plates after you have served yourself breakfast.
* Waiver of Liability-We ask our guests to accept responsibility for their own safety throughout their time with us. This is mainly due but not limited to to the fact that we have access to a backyard with uneven ground and a trampoline. We ask you to be be sensible and take responsibility for your safety and the safety of everyone in your group.
• Passport Verification-Please don't be offended if we ask for your passport to photocopy. This is for our peace of mind.
• No Smoking-We don't smoke and would ask that you smoke outside in the garden only.
• No Pork-No pork in the house/fridge please.
• Help yourself to snacks - If you like feeling like you're in your own home, then treat our place as you would yours. Replace milk or juices, buy fruit on your way home, and wash up when necessary!
•Joining us for dinner is £10.00 per person - If you wish to eat in the house then we prefer that you eat with us. We normally eat eat around 20:00. We will take payment for meals on the day before you leave. We'd love it if you want to help cook or be a kitchen assistant and we'll gladly adjust the price if you're providing dessert and wine.
• Extra Visitors-No extra visitors without arrangement.
• Clothes Washing-Please ask before using the washing machine or dryer. You may need to get laundry detergent if we're running low.
• Post-Do not use our address for receiving post. We have already had a problem with a bank assuming that a loan taken out by a guest was ours.
• Internet Abuse-Please don't use the internet for illegal purposes. The authorities in the UK are particularly sensitive to a) downloads that breach copyright ; b) hacking; c) terrorism d) child pornography.
Dieser Gastgeber hat 73 Bewertungen für andere Unterkünfte.Andere Bewertungen ansehen
We are a family of four and have been living in London for the last 20 years. We are committed to learning, raising ourselves, and realising the inter-connectedness of being in this wonderful planet.
The idea of making connections and friendships with people from other parts of the world appeals to us and we have made many friends from around the world through hosting.
We sometimes take on Meet and Greet work for other hosts, help coordinate their guests, provide support and help hosts make the most of their listings; when asked we also help other hosts become better hosts. Zaza does a specialised check-in service for a handful of hosts that require a trusted and reliable person to be there for their guests.
We love blue skies, camping, beaches, making art, reading and travelling. We love cooking, making bread, learning to cook new things from our guests, and teaching them too.
We both work from home so we're around most of the day.