I'm giving this 5 stars because it was exactly as it was presented in the ad. Rudy is responsive and very nice, and the unit was definitely cute and clean. The reviews are what heightened my expectations so just wanted to clear a few things up based on our stay...
- very close proximity to the private beach
- sheets and towels (a lot of towels!) provided
- toilet paper and paper towels provided (although we did need one of our own rolls of PT when we were down there)
- A/C works very well
- key entry provided by lock box, so you can arrive anytime without a problem, and we actually used it throughout our stay so we never had to carry a key with us
- lots of drawer and closet space (but no hangers!)
- cute little porch with chairs and a ceiling fan
- beach umbrellas and chairs provided on beach free of charge until 5 PM
- GREAT MATTRESS (sleep is the ultimate luxury, especially on vacation)
- some stuff provided in kitchen: coffee filters, instant coffee, flavored non-dairy creamer, S&P, knives (although not too sharp or great), basic kitchen tools (very basic), glasses/dishes, dish detergent (no sponges)
- no cell service; there is wifi which was a bit unreliable but overall was ok
- TV picture is pretty bad and changing the channels was cumbersome (not an easy remote); also the DVD/VCR combo doesn't work (we thought we would rent a DVD instead since the TV wasn't really an option and that didn't work either)
- the couch SERIOUSLY needs to be upgraded. It's uncomfortable and worn and looks dirty (only thing in the house I would say that about, overall very clean). We put a sheet over it the entire time. It really put a damper on vacation relaxation at night that the TV was shotty and the couches were uncomfortable and sort of sketchy
- whoever said the kitchen was well equipped must not cook very much... the dishes and glasses are nice, but there is not a single non-stick pan, the knives are dull and basic, the wine opener is one of those manual screw and pull jobs (not the twisty one with the arms that come out, the even more basic one you need to pull with all your might to open), the can opener is equally as primitive and cumbersome, etc.
- complex is not so nice (not his fault); pool was a bit gross and clientele got a little (just a little) suspect
- far from the main areas (coligny/harbortown)
- no games/cards/etc entertainment
I personally wouldn't stay here again because we were looking for something a bit more upscale, but for the price it is perfectly acceptable and clean and *close to the beach* which are the most important things. I wouldn't deter anyone from staying, just know what you're getting into and plan accordingly and you'll have a great time.