Beautiful, spacious, 2-story penthouse with gorgeous views of ocean & fishing harbor. Lovely interior, hardwood floors, modern amenities, quiet building, great location. Watch the sun rise over the Atlantic from master bedroom & two private decks!
What I love about my home is living so close to the beautiful nature of Cape Ann. It's a short stroll to Pigeon Cove fishing harbor and one end of the Atlantic Path while Halibut Point State Park is only a mile away. The beautiful sandy beaches of Cape Ann (Good Harbor, Wingaersheek, Crane) are easy to get to either by car or by bike, if you are an avid cyclist like me. My home faces east and you can watch the sun rise above the Atlantic ocean every morning! (You must get up early enough in the summer, through :=)
Zugang für Gäste
Guests will have access to all areas shown in the photos as well as kitchen cabinets with pots & pans and one or two closets for clothes. No access to basement, eave storage, and other places not shown in photos, but you shouldn't need that, anyway. Please do not park in my neighbors' deeded parking spaces! I'll provide instructions to confirmed guests about the reserved parking spot plus additional free parking in the area.
Interaktion mit Gästen
I will likely be out of town, if you rent my entire home. I try to provide all information my guests may need well in advance. I am usually easy to reach by email or phone. Occasionally, I may be off the radar; e.g., if I'm trekking in the Himalayas! Please ask any questions as early as possible, thanks.
Weitere wichtige Infos
There is no TV in my home.
I have fast wireless internet. Feel free to stream movies, etc.
The second bedroom is small. It is comfortable, but best suitable for small kids, one person, or a couple.
No pets, sorry, except for service animals.
If you are allergic: I do not have pets, but friends with dogs have visited occasionally. My next door neighbor also has a small dog.
There are stairs, so the place is nor good for wheelchairs, unfortunately.
- Guests must schedule arrival and departure times with me. The arrival appointment will be arranged on a per case basis, because someone has to be home to let you in. Departure is generally flexible, but I need to approve the time in advance, if you wish to stay later than 12 noon.
- No additional overnight guests! Only the person/people on the accepted reservation may stay in my home.
- No loud noise or any other activity that may disturb my neighbors, ever!
- Absolutely no smoking in my home, including the decks.
- Upon departure, take with you any perishables. Do not leave food behind without checking with me first. (Ice cream in the freezer may be okay ... :=)
- If you use the jacuzzi bath tub, watch the water level as it fills up. Drainage is slower that water flow, so the tub can overflow!
- Please protect the hardwood floors from moisture. If water spills accidentally on the floor, wipe it out right away until dry. That includes the tile floor in the bathrooms: the sub-floor underneath is wood.
- Use only the provided detergents for washing dishes, doing laundry, and especially for cleaning the floor.
- Collect garbage in the provided trash bags and separate paper, glass, and plastic for recycling. I'll arrange for garbage pickup.
Dieser Gastgeber hat 59 Bewertungen für andere Unterkünfte.Andere Bewertungen ansehen
Hi! Nice to meet you! I am an engineer by education, a teacher by vocation, and a world explorer by heart. I love the ocean, high mountains, and nature in general, and travel as often and as far as possible. Some favorite travels:
- ocean sailing! In the US, I am a Coast Guard-licensed captain.
- trekking in the Himalayas in Nepal - the highest so far is 5540 m
- dipping in natural hot springs in Iceland (or anywhere :=)
- doing pretty much anything in Middle Earth a.k.a. New Zealand
I use to host in Rockport, MA, on the Atlantic coast on beautiful Cape Ann. As a host, I offered what I look for as a guest myself: safe, clean, peaceful, and pleasant home stay - plus fast wifi and good local advice :)
Thanks for reading my profile. See you at home or around the world!