Über dieses Inserat
Simply cosy, spacious & stylish bedroom in a charming British style townhouse located in a historical district with easy access to a variety of eateries, famous attractions, the city, and even a private patio/garden located right in the city. A rare charming 300sqft airy light-filled room with a garden view a high-ceiling of 3m. The house was featured in Monocle magazine.
A secluded hideaway feel while being in the city and at heart of a heritage culture district. The space is located in Little India and Jalan Besar which are the emerging trendy districts to explore in Singapore. Get to experience a unique side of Singapore, away from cramped high-rise apartments. Here, you'll find an authentic side of Singapore where old world charm of various cultures meets modern coffee joints, trendy cafes and restaurants.
This room features a high-ceiling with large windows overlooking the 700 sqft open-air garden/patio. The room is generously furnished with Muji (classic Japanese 'design' brand) beddings, lighting and other decorative items. Other creature comforts includes top-quality amenities such as air-conditioner, ceiling fan, iron, hair dryer, designer roller blinds, side table lamp, and tall wardrobe.
Other areas in house which you're welcome to chill and make yourself at home are the living room which comes with a movie projector, garden-facing desktop work space, open-air kitchen with designer lamps where you've access to a stove, kettle, oven, rice cooker/steamer, Fischer & paykel fridge/washing machine/dryer. There are two clean bathroom, one comes with a strong shower of ample hot and cold water.
One of the most pleasant experience of staying in here is the access to the open-air courtyard garden which is almost half the size of the house. It is where you can sit under stars/moon at night or have your meals outdoors in a green oasis. Garden is maintained by owner whose work revolve around nature and botanical.
Zugang für Gäste
Room and House Amenities For Use.
• High-ceiling, spacious garden-view room that comes with:
• Individually controlled air-conditioning and 5 speed ceiling fan. Free to use and kindly observe energy saving house rules.
• Queen size bed & beddings
• Iron, Muji Ironing board (upon request)
• Bedside lamp
• Large wardrobe
• Drinking water
• Designer White Opaque roller blinds
• Complimentary high-speed internet
Kitchen and bathrooms access and amenities:
• Airy garden-facing Kitchen with stove, oven, Bosch kettle, Delonghi juicer, rice cooker/steamer, Fischel & Paykel fridge, washing machine and dryer.
• 2 toilets- 1 dry and 1 with strong reliable hot/cold shower & vanity basin
Living room and open-air courtyard garden access and amenities
• Spacious and natural light-filled living space with two sofas, library of books
• Indoor dining on an antique wooden table
• leafy garden filled with tropical trees, ferns, flowers and edible plants
• outdoor patio seating and dining area under the large sun umbrella.
• house access via courtyard door
Interaktion mit Gästen
The space is my art studio and residence. I write and paint at my desk next to the window facing the courtyard. I sometimes teach private art (small-scaled painting) classes here at the living room to 3-6 ladies for 2 hrs on weekend morning. If we do meet, I would definitely be happy to share where are the best spots to visit in Singapore. As a Singaporean who is an artist, writer and lecturer in the areas of arts/design/travel/nature, I hope to able to share some of famous best-kept secret spots in Singapore.
• Colourful blend of unique Singaporean cultures and activities.
• Affordable and central spot to explore Singapore
• 3-8mins walk to famous attractions and numerous shopping centres and grocery stores (5 min walk to Mustafa Centre, Sheng Siong and 7 min walk NTUC )
• Surrounded by famous local and western food places- you won't need to cook and will have many attractive options from late-night Chinese Dim Sum, Malay Chicken Rice, Kerala Bryani to the best (Norris Road) Chapati in town.
• Search Timeout Singapore- Jalan Besar or Little India– to read more about this trendy neighbourhood where cultural old world charm meets modern coffee joints, hip restaurants, design office and residence.
What else is great about the location:
• Access to 3 MRT stations. 5-min walk to Farrer Park MRT at City Square Mall and 8-min walk to Lavender (green line, 9 stops to Changi Airport). 5-min walk to Little India MRT.
• 3 min walk to Mustafa Centre- a 24 hr air-conditioned shopping mecca
• 5 min walk to City Square Mall, SG's first green mall with lots of shopping & food options and a cinema. Farrer Park MRT is located here.
• 3 min walk to bus stops, 10 min bus to Orchard.
• Walking distance to start of Orchard Dhoby Ghaut at 18 mins by foot.
• Walking distance to Newton, Indian temples, Tekka Wet Market, Bugis, National Library, Arab street/Haji Lane, National History Museum, Design Centre, Singapore ART museum and other attractions.
• Getting a street Taxi is super easy. Calling for a Uber or grab taxi is super convenient as many drivers knows the street. A ride to city is SG$5-7
• Airport is 20 mins by taxi.
Weitere wichtige Infos
Much care and consideration is taken to make this tastefully-decorated residence a peaceful, cosy and relaxing space. I welcome your mutual mindfulness, responsibilities and care for the property, keys and amenities.
// Strictly no outsiders are allowed
// No smoking in the room, smoking at the courtyard is much better anyway.
// Strictly no to abuse of any kind.
// No shoes in the bedrooms. Kindly leave your shoes inside by the kitchen door.
// You're free to use the fan and air-conditioner when you're in the house. They're powerful and cools the room quickly. Please kindly switch off these off when you leave the house. We're big on saving energy, if you leave the house and they reminded switched on, I'll simply turn them off. Just switch them back on when you're in.
// If the safety and security is deemed compromised, cancellation is enforced immediately & cancellation fees will apply according to Airbnb booking rules.
// Please close the street-facing windows when you leave the house to ensure security.
// You'll enter & leave the house via the back door and courtyard gate of the house. We do this for security purposes. Singapore is very safe and so is Little India. Walk mindfully and be alert as you do wherever you are with ease.
// Clean the kitchen after use.
Wenn du bis zu 7 Tage vor deinem Aufenthalt stornierst, erhältst du eine Rückerstattung über 50 %, plus die Service-Gebühren.
Dieser Gastgeber hat 7 Bewertungen für andere Unterkünfte.Andere Bewertungen ansehen
I'm a university lecturer, artist and writer, specialising in areas of arts, design, travel and nature. Friendly, polite, respectful and enjoy a great holistic work-life balance. I used to work as a travel editor– I enjoy recreating the wonderful hospitality I've experienced, recommending places to explore and discovering new ones.